The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Via YouTube

Sixaxis Controller app lets controllers and certain Android devices play nice together

Dancing Pixel Studios has heard the call of people looking for traditional control input on touch-based devices. The studio has released a new app for Android devices called Sixaxis Controller -- guess what it does? Yup, it allows you to use your Sixaxis or DualShock 3 controller on Android phones and tablets. (Great guess!)

Of course, it's not that simple: The app only works on rooted Android devices and is largely incompatible with HTC and some newer Samsung hardware. Also, there are some other steps one must take prior to enjoying this tryst, like connecting the device to a Windows PC with a USB cable. But if you do get it up and running, you can connect up to four controllers to one device and custom configure your buttons.

You can purchase Sixaxis Controller from the Android marketplace right now for $1.67, but we'd suggest trying Dancing Pixel's other free app first, [link=[url=https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dancingpixelstudios.sixaxiscompatibilitychecker%5DSixaxis]https://market.android.co...atibilitychecker]Sixaxis[/url] Compatibility Checker/link], to see if your hardware is up to snuff.

Via blog.us.playstation.com

Resistance 3 dev diary talks multiplayer

If our incredibly informative rundown of Resistance 3 multiplayer still wasn't enough to satiate your Chimera bloodlust, this post is for you. Insomniac has released a new developer diary focused on multiplayer, covering everything from player progression to always controversial revenge perks.

Interesting video, cant wait for the Open Beta.

Via blog.us.playstation.com

Resistance 3 dev diary talks multiplayer

If our incredibly informative rundown of Resistance 3 multiplayer still wasn't enough to satiate your Chimera bloodlust, this post is for you. Insomniac has released a new developer diary focused on multiplayer, covering everything from player progression to always controversial revenge perks.

Interesting video, cant wait for the Open Beta.

Via YouTube

Sonic Generations footage: Chemical Plant Zone and City Escape

After so many disappointing Sonic games, Sega is picking a safer formula and remaking chunks of old Sonic games, almost pixel-by-pixel. At least, that appears to be the case in this Sonic Generations video from Gameswelt.tv. Behold: The Chemical Plant Zone (and City Escape, if you want something more modern).

Damn, they kept all the OG sounds too, that's dope.

Via YouTube

After so many disappointing Sonic games, Sega is picking a safer formula and remaking chunks of old Sonic games, almost pixel-by-pixel. At least, that appears to be the case in this Sonic Generations video from Gameswelt.tv. Behold: The Chemical Plant Zone (and City Escape, if you want something more modern).

Via dcuniverseonline.com

DC Universe Online merging regular servers into MegaServers this Monday
dcuniverseonlineheader.jpg

DC Universe Online's rapidly approaching MegaServers unification program will be joining heroic forces together, whether they like it or not. The costumed crime-fighting MMO's 26 worldwide servers are set to be merged into 4 "MegaServers;" 1 PC and 1 PS3 server for the US, with twin servers created for the EU.

Previously hailed as "Super-Servers," MegaServers will give players the ability to switch between PvP and PvE styles of gameplay, and hopefully, new people to actually play with. The merge will begin for EU servers on Monday morning, with US servers following on Tuesday and Wednesday. As is the way with these things, some players will be forced to change their names after the merge, as two characters cannot exist with the same name on the same server. Head past the break for a few new name suggestions, as well as a full list of which servers are merging where.

If you're forced by circumstance to change your crime-fighting (or crime-causing) pseudonym, here are a few suggestions:
Captain Fisthammer
Hammer Captainfist
Captain Hammerfist
Fist Hammercaptain
Punch Giver
xXChOasBlaDexX
Man-man
The Tiny Condor
Admiral Anchorman
Trampoline Terror

Additionally, here's a handy list to help you know where you'll end up after the merge:

Current server (MegaServer):

Bloodstorm (EU PC)
In Brightest Day (EU PC)
Looking For Trouble (EU PC)
Reality Lost (EU PC)
Absolute Power (EU PS3)
Crossfire (EU PS3)
For All Seasons (EU PS3)
Justice For All (EU PS3)
Brave New World (US PC)
Cry For Blood (US PC)
Darkness Falls (US PC)
Death and Glory (US PC)
Last Laugh (US PC)
New Frontier (US PC)
Public Enemies (US PC)
Virtue and Vice (US PC)
Zero Hour (US PC)
Birthright (US PS3)
Blood Will Run (US PS3)
Countdown (US PS3)
Crisis (US PS3)
Justice (US PS3)
No Man's Land (US PS3)
Redemption (US PS3)
Relentless (US PS3)
The Killing Joke (US PS3)

Via dcuniverseonline.com

DC Universe Online merging regular servers into MegaServers this Monday
dcuniverseonlineheader.jpg

DC Universe Online's rapidly approaching MegaServers unification program will be joining heroic forces together, whether they like it or not. The costumed crime-fighting MMO's 26 worldwide servers are set to be merged into 4 "MegaServers;" 1 PC and 1 PS3 server for the US, with twin servers created for the EU.

Previously hailed as "Super-Servers," MegaServers will give players the ability to switch between PvP and PvE styles of gameplay, and hopefully, new people to actually play with. The merge will begin for EU servers on Monday morning, with US servers following on Tuesday and Wednesday. As is the way with these things, some players will be forced to change their names after the merge, as two characters cannot exist with the same name on the same server. Head past the break for a few new name suggestions, as well as a full list of which servers are merging where.

If you're forced by circumstance to change your crime-fighting (or crime-causing) pseudonym, here are a few suggestions:
Captain Fisthammer
Hammer Captainfist
Captain Hammerfist
Fist Hammercaptain
Punch Giver
xXChOasBlaDexX
Man-man
The Tiny Condor
Admiral Anchorman
Trampoline Terror

Additionally, here's a handy list to help you know where you'll end up after the merge:

Current server (MegaServer):

Bloodstorm (EU PC)
In Brightest Day (EU PC)
Looking For Trouble (EU PC)
Reality Lost (EU PC)
Absolute Power (EU PS3)
Crossfire (EU PS3)
For All Seasons (EU PS3)
Justice For All (EU PS3)
Brave New World (US PC)
Cry For Blood (US PC)
Darkness Falls (US PC)
Death and Glory (US PC)
Last Laugh (US PC)
New Frontier (US PC)
Public Enemies (US PC)
Virtue and Vice (US PC)
Zero Hour (US PC)
Birthright (US PS3)
Blood Will Run (US PS3)
Countdown (US PS3)
Crisis (US PS3)
Justice (US PS3)
No Man's Land (US PS3)
Redemption (US PS3)
Relentless (US PS3)
The Killing Joke (US PS3)

Via YouTube

Two New Gameplay Videos For RE:Operation Raccoon City

The second video is on the YouTube page.

Via YouTube

Two New Gameplay Videos For RE:Operation Raccoon City

The second video is on the YouTube page.

PSN Tuesday 08-09-11

THIS WEEK: 
United States/Canada 

[color= rgb(0, 204, 204)]Games:[/color] 

PSN Tuesday 08-09-11

THIS WEEK: 
United States/Canada 

[color= rgb(0, 204, 204)]Games:[/color] 

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

/VTKL/PS3 Canada Summit was a success. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm pretty sure we would @%%! up any of y'all Amurrican's in a 2on2 hoops game.

I GUARANTEE this would not happen. 
pimp.gif

Some jealous +$! Americans. Beat you in ball AND drink you under the table. 
laugh.gif

Tapp knows I hoop. Legit too 
wink.gif

Wheres a Come At Me gif when I need one?

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

/VTKL/PS3 Canada Summit was a success. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm pretty sure we would @%%! up any of y'all Amurrican's in a 2on2 hoops game.

I GUARANTEE this would not happen. 
pimp.gif

Some jealous +$! Americans. Beat you in ball AND drink you under the table. 
laugh.gif

Tapp knows I hoop. Legit too 
wink.gif

Wheres a Come At Me gif when I need one?

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via YouTube

Ehhhhh. It's alright I guess.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via YouTube

Ehhhhh. It's alright I guess.

whoa city escape 
pimp.gif
looks okay though. Wish they would come out with another Sonic game with Chaos.
Also that Resident Evil: ORC is looking real dull to me, I'm disappointed so far.

whoa city escape 
pimp.gif
looks okay though. Wish they would come out with another Sonic game with Chaos.
Also that Resident Evil: ORC is looking real dull to me, I'm disappointed so far.

Back
Top Bottom