The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Man **** Gamestop, they hardly gave me anything for my Xbox 360. Which was pretty much in almost like new condition, it never got the RROD.

Anyways, just copped The Last of Us last Saturday. Started playing it but stopped since I told myself I was gonna finish Uncharted 2 & 3 and God of War 3 first :lol :{

They offered me 140 for mine :x

really what were you guys expecting when trading in an old system when brand new in the box is like $150-$200?

This week's update.

Tales of Xillia drops tomorrow. Getting some decent scores. I will be picking it up late this week or early next week for sure.

So I received an email from SE informing me that I will be getting a beta key. That was on the 26th and still no word. Obviously it hasn't started yet but doesn't the game come out on a couple of weeks?

So I received an email from SE informing me that I will be getting a beta key. That was on the 26th and still no word. Obviously it hasn't started yet but doesn't the game come out on a couple of weeks?

Phase 4 will start in a few weeks. The content/QA freeze will not happen until around the 18th and then the phase 4 beta leading to release will kick off. You're only going to get a week or so head start to get to level 20 though before the full game actually releases.

If you'd like to start creating your characters the new benchmark is out with a character creator loaded in.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/news/article/130801_chara

Last edited:
Hitman
eek.gif

is it any good? ive never played a hitman game before
Never played a Hitman game either.

I liked the gameplay videos I saw that dropped around it's release date but held off on copping it.

It's gotten mixed reviews.

Downloaded it anyway, but it's 17GBs.
laugh.gif
sick.gif

[QUOTE url="/t/307812/the-official-playstation-3-vita-thread-vol-plenty-of-life-left/10800#post_18474275"]
Hitman :eek

Never played a Hitman game either.

I liked the gameplay videos I saw that dropped around it's release date but held off on copping it.

It's gotten mixed reviews.

Downloaded it anyway, but it's 17GBs. :lol :x
[/quote]

yeah i went out and worked on my car when i saw the size of the game :rollin
gameplay looked interesting though. will definitely try it out

Hitman :eek

Hitman is a good series. If I had to rank each game I'd say:

Hitman: Blood Money> Hitman 2: Silent Assassin> Hitman Absolution> Hitman: Contracts

I like the stealth aspect of the game. It's satisfying getting the silent assassin rating and going in suit only. Plus there are various ways to take out your target.

Last edited:
Update to my long post on the last page about copping a PS3 Slim 160GB cheap off craigslist off a military Mom and then flipping it back into Gamestop.

So I originally bought the PS3 Slim 160GB off craigslist for $40.Fixed it up a little bit and then sold it to my local Gamestop for $105 this past Sunday.

Well today I was shopping at the same store and found out that Gamestop's new promo was 50% bonus for trading in a console so it turned out the PS3 Slim 160GB I sold to them last Sunday was now worth $130 as of today.I talked to the store manager and explained to him what had happened and he easily just credited me back another $25 towards my PS4 pre order to make up for the price difference on the PS3 160GB Slim I sold to them.

Also iyen was making claims that Amazon gave better trade in values.

Not true !

Here is the trade in values as of 1 hour ago on amazon.com for a PS3 Slim 160GB & PS3 Slim 120GB. This is if your PS3 Slim is in "Like New Condition". Remember that amazon even after you send in your trade ins can test, look at, and down grade your stuff and give you lesser money or send you your stuff back.Then after they approve your trade in and agree to pay you your still going to wait close to 2 weeks or longer for the money to show up in your amazon account.

Gamestop>>>Amazon.com

Easily IMHO.
This promo will last until 8/18, so then it goes back to Amazon>>>Gamestop.

Amazon doesn't do that on purpose.

If you select like new and your ps3 is in fact like new, you will get the amount listed for a like new product.

Obviously the testing is put in place to deter liars.

If you're lying about the condition of your ps3, then don't expect that like new amount.

How do you guys see what trophies are left to retrieve in games?

I remember it was simple but now I can't find them. Specifically Madden. I can't even see the trophies I've already acquired.

finally picked up a 1 year PS+ subscription from bestbuy for $40...time to download some **** :lol

How do you guys see what trophies are left to retrieve in games?

I remember it was simple but now I can't find them. Specifically Madden. I can't even see the trophies I've already acquired.

Just go to the Trophy Collection icon under the Playstation Network category on XMB.

There are several resources on the internet you can use as well.

Go to psnprofiles.com and input your PSN name. Any trophys synced will show up and you can browse through what is needed, and a mountain of other data.

A site like ps3trophies.org helps you with how to get each trophy them, but you need to tick off each trophy as you acquire it manually.

Will play Hitman.

DONT sleep on Xcom, graphic needed work but the concept is very good. Free for PS+
XCOM is legit man.  I was about to just skip it even though I like tactical games like that but yeah its one of the good games i've played this gen.

Just played The Walking Dead Game by Telltale Games. Best $20 I spent and what a great story and intensity throughout the game :smokin. One of the best games I played this gen and might even consider picking up the 400 days DLC. Any opinions on the DLC? Great length 2-3hrs per episode if you are playing for first time and don't know what to expect. Believable characters and a great insight what a post-apocalypse world would be like. Do you trust people and be friendly or do you do what you need to do to survive. The only negative I have to this game is the bugginess of the game but the quality of the story more than makes up for it. I really enjoyed making choices that really had consequences and the timer really added to the intensity. So many choices on who do you save, what do you say to others, who eats, who you trust or don't.

All I can say is can't wait for season 2.

Also might have to play Farenheit (Indigo Prophecy) and Heavy Rain in the mean time.

Back
Top Bottom