The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

DLC was great. I'd say a step down from the main story, but thats because you are playing 5 new people who's story's last 30-45 minutes and only so much can be fleshed out in that time.

I also really liked Telltale's Back to the Future game, but that's more due to me being a big fan of BTTF.

Just played The Walking Dead Game by Telltale Games. Best $20 I spent and what a great story and intensity throughout the game
smokin.gif
. One of the best games I played this gen and might even consider picking up the 400 days DLC. Any opinions on the DLC? Great length 2-3hrs per episode if you are playing for first time and don't know what to expect. Believable characters and a great insight what a post-apocalypse world would be like. Do you trust people and be friendly or do you do what you need to do to survive. The only negative I have to this game is the bugginess of the game but the quality of the story more than makes up for it. I really enjoyed making choices that really had consequences and the timer really added to the intensity. So many choices on who do you save, what do you say to others, who eats, who you trust or don't.

All I can say is can't wait for season 2.

Also might have to play Farenheit (Indigo Prophecy) and Heavy Rain in the mean time.
I haven't played the dlc, but I've watched someone's walkthrough...which is basically the same thing.

The dlc is just as good as s1. It's pretty short and their new story device is interesting.

If you like how each episode ends, then you'll like how the dlc ends.

IMO, you should just watch someone else's playthrough.

It's worth buying if you want to do multiple playthroughs.

You can't save in the same way like the other episodes.

So you have to complete a person's story, rather than being able to play a litte here and play a little there.

for trophy dudes like you Empire i suggest the MLB the show home run derby game that just became free. its only 4 trophys but 3 are gold. i got all 4 in less than a minute

can you buy stuff with  trophies?

I keep seeing you guys posting about trophies.

What's the deal with trophies?

Just played The Walking Dead Game by Telltale Games. Best $20 I spent and what a great story and intensity throughout the game :smokin. One of the best games I played this gen and might even consider picking up the 400 days DLC. Any opinions on the DLC? Great length 2-3hrs per episode if you are playing for first time and don't know what to expect. Believable characters and a great insight what a post-apocalypse world would be like. Do you trust people and be friendly or do you do what you need to do to survive. The only negative I have to this game is the bugginess of the game but the quality of the story more than makes up for it. I really enjoyed making choices that really had consequences and the timer really added to the intensity. So many choices on who do you save, what do you say to others, who eats, who you trust or don't.

All I can say is can't wait for season 2.

Also might have to play Farenheit (Indigo Prophecy) and Heavy Rain in the mean time.

man i thought i was the only one who felt this way. i was really hoping that it would tie into the actual storyline on TV. i cant wait for season 2 as well. i didnt even know there was DLC for it. also is the one for the PSVita the same exact game? i havent touched my vita in about 6 months. i need to get some new Vita games for the low low...

whats up, from what i read you can. something like an auction? (correct me if im wrong guys). but you need an insane amount of trophies to get something good.

Dragon Crown :smokin

Hows the game?
I'm staying strong not importing but all the other EU guys are weak.

The challenge it brings in getting a platinum and the extra playtime it adds to a game where you'll normally have be done with hours ago.

walking dead 400 days dlc is really short 5 chapters and an epilogue chapter, 5 diff chars, prolly about an hr long only but kinda worth only 5 bucks.

Hows the game?
I'm staying strong not importing but all the other EU guys are weak.
The challenge it brings in getting a platinum and the extra playtime it adds to a game where you'll normally have be done with hours ago.

So far its great. Its a mix of a RPG/beatemup game, with great art style. The game is a blast playing with a full party of people.

for trophy dudes like you Empire i suggest the MLB the show home run derby game that just became free. its only 4 trophys but 3 are gold. i got all 4 in less than a minute

:wow:

:rofl: :nerd:

*turns on PS3 to download HR Derby*

hey when alot of games only have like 2-3 golds and they are a ***** to get you gotta take these when you can

Trust you don't have to tell me that; I'm a trophy ***** myself. :lol:

Best believe I downloaded HR Derby last night and had all the trophies in under 10 minutes of playing it.

So I received an email from SE informing me that I will be getting a beta key. That was on the 26th and still no word. Obviously it hasn't started yet but doesn't the game come out on a couple of weeks?

Phase 4 will start in a few weeks. The content/QA freeze will not happen until around the 18th and then the phase 4 beta leading to release will kick off. You're only going to get a week or so head start to get to level 20 though before the full game actually releases.

If you'd like to start creating your characters the new benchmark is out with a character creator loaded in.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/news/article/130801_chara

Just to add to Hybrid's post, via IGN.

For people eager to jump into FFXIV: ARR, your wait is almost over. The game launches August 27th, but if this is not soon enough, you have some other options. People who have been in previous beta tests can begin playing on August 16th in the Open Beta. If you have not been in a beta yet, you must wait an additional day, until August 17th, before you jump in.

Early Access is for people who have already pre-ordered the game. Early Access starts on the 24th and will run all the way until launch as well. All characters created in the Open Beta and Early Access will carry over to launch. A level cap of 20 has been set during these periods, to ensure people don't reach max level before the games official launch, but other than that all other content should be available, barring any serious bugs or issues that may arise.

:wow:

:rofl: :nerd:

*turns on PS3 to download HR Derby*

hey when alot of games only have like 2-3 golds and they are a ***** to get you gotta take these when you can

Trust you don't have to tell me that; I'm a trophy ***** myself. :lol:

Best believe I downloaded HR Derby last night and had all the trophies in under 10 minutes of playing it.

Is it any good??

[COLOR=#red]PS Vita Set to be $200 at Target From August 18-24th[/COLOR]

Vita.jpg

Thinking about getting the PS Vita? Now may be your chance, as Target is set to cut the price of the Vita to $200 in the US for a limited time.

The regular Vita is usually $249, and the 3G Vita is usually $299, but they’re both being dropped to $200. Now here’s the one reason you might want to hold off – the in-store promotion runs from August 18th to August 24th, so you might as well wait until Sony’s August 20th gamescom press conference to see if the company officially cuts the price across the board.

targetvita.jpg

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/08/09/ps-vita-set-to-be-200-at-target-from-august-18-24th/

If there is indeed a price drop at Gamescon then there most likely will be a Killzone Mercenary Bundle so it'll probably be best to wait and see.

Speaking of Killzone, Gueriilla Cambridge have done a great job. It looks stunning and it performs well according to people playing the beta.

Here's the multiplayer beta and some screenshots.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom