The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | SOP Today 3PM PST / NEW Firmware Update is LIVE / PS5 Pro launches 11/7 for $699

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They've been doing State of Play for how long? This is more or less what they've been.

Yeah I kept expectations low. I don’t get hyped anymore for Sony events. Even the last games showcase, which was supposed to be the big blowout, was underwhelming, imo. Theres usually one, maybe two to three games that interest me. This time it was Lunar Remastered, TMNT DLC and Ghost of Yotei.
Right, they have multiple events a year rather than 1 or 2 big presentations.

P5R took me like 140 hours. Loved that damn game. Make sure to get Ryuji's confidant level up to the point where you're able to just run through low level bad guys. Saves so much time
I already maxed out his confidant level.

140 hours just made me sad :lol:

I agree but I believe Jin’s story should have closure. I’m almost sure it ended on a cliffhanger. I’ll report back after I finish my replay in the next few days/weeks.
I think I'll start a replay too.

If I remember correctly, the DLC focused on another group of Mongolians that invaded Iki Island and then focuses on his memories on his father harsh training on Jin to become a samurai.

IMO, I think they could've done a new story with him.

May have to do a replay for the heck of it.

I'm happy that Ghost is going to be an Anthology series.

A new story, with a new character, and a different location & era is much more appealing

Was expecting more with Jin but his story was essentially completed in the base game.

EYE haven't finished the Iki Island DLC but don't think that will have a dramatic effect on Jin's overall arc.

I think I'll start a replay too.

If I remember correctly, the DLC focused on another group of Mongolians that invaded Iki Island and then focuses on his memories on his father harsh training on Jin to become a samurai.

IMO, I think they could've done a new story with him.

May have to do a replay for the heck of it.

That's basically what the DLC is.

Started playing the Iki Island DLC a few months byke but got sidetracked by some other games.

Gonna finish that and do a NG+ playthrough of the base game again.

PSVR2 is alive. Biggest suprise for me from the SOP.

New Ghosts looking good and I also like the direction of an anthology for the game

I think Sony is not showing their hand too early these days.
Astro Bot was announced in May and released in September. Ghost will be a bigger game but could be sooner than we think.

Need PlayStation money for the Nintendo lawsuit :lol:

Last edited:
I read somewhere this is a direct sequel to GoT. This story will tie into the movie and some other projects they have planned. Jin’s story is likely over.

I ain't mad at that and I wasn't even aware there was more to it than this sequel. Would still be nice to see Jin helping the new chick just because though. Like how Ezio was getting those Altair flashbacks.

Switching gears though, I was hoping to see something from the Wolverine game by now. When's that scheduled to drop anyway?

I liked the fact they moved on with the new Ghost game.

I didn't finish it personally as it became so repetitive. Hopefully they fix that aspect with the new instalment.

Those dudes are grifters by quickly dropping negative reaction videos. Easy way to make their engagement money lol.

Still surprised Sony hasn't announced the prices for anniversary items. Probably going to be ridiculous.

So those new console covers are cool... but are they only for the slim/pro?

Yeah. I guess they figure that the majority of PS5s sold by the end of the generation will be "Slims" and Pros so they're fine dropping replacement shell releases for the original model.

Switching gears though, I was hoping to see something from the Wolverine game by now. When's that scheduled to drop anyway?

The Insomniac hack last year showed that they're aiming for 2026 with Wolverine.

Still surprised Sony hasn't announced the prices for anniversary items. Probably going to be ridiculous.

Some of the pricing leaked a couple days ago:

The "Slim" is $500, the DualSense is $80. The prices for the Pro bundle, Edge, and Portal haven't, but based on those two prices; the Pro Bundle will probably be the only wild number.

Yeah. I guess they figure that the majority of PS5s sold by the end of the generation will be "Slims" and Pros so they're fine dropping replacement shell releases for the original model.

The Insomniac hack last year showed that they're aiming for 2026 with Wolverine.

Some of the pricing leaked a couple days ago:

The "Slim" is $500, the DualSense is $80. The prices for the Pro bundle, Edge, and Portal haven't, but based on those two prices; the Pro Bundle will probably be the only wild number.
Yeah, I saw that. but I would've thought they'd have the price for the bundle AND the release time.

Trailer touched me in all the right places, can’t wait for Yotei. :nthat:

Sony going out of their way to make it up to me after leaving me out in the cold for 2024, I appreciate it. :blush:

Back
Top Bottom