The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | Wukong is AVAILABLE NOW.

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not sure which spider man version it is, but one of them is the exact gameplay from the batman games

Question: My kids have access to their uncles library. Will they be able to use his PS4 games and the PS5 upgrade them, or will I have to buy PS5 games because their uncle still has the PS4?
physical, just pop them in to the ps5 and if it has a ps5 upgrade download it. digital, your gonna need his account

I dont know anyone that buys bluray disc
Everyone streams now.

This is true but everyone still has blurays in their collection...at least I think lol
But biggest reason is that the digital version were known to be limited. Even if I actually wanted a digital I would still go after something more attainable.

This is true but everyone still has blurays in their collection...at least I think lol
But biggest reason is that the digital version were known to be limited. Even if I actually wanted a digital I would still go after something more attainable.
Yeah, I know I still have a couple of Blurays in my collection. For sure, still have the extended cut of Lord of The Rings. Although, that was a chore to watch with the added scenes lol.

Digital version is really not the wave tbh unless you are primarily an xbox gamer and really just got the PS% for the exclusives that you would just buy digitally...

Im coming from the xbox one X and I still chose a PS5, personally I like the look of it, the digital version feels off lol

im still a little confused about the ps4/ps5 game upgrade thing.

I have the OG PS4 spiderman game and when I put it in the 5, it was installing it as 4 game. I stopped/deleted it bc of that.

Is that game not eligible for the ps5 upgrade?

Where's your plat?

Still don't have a PS5.
1606855731169.png

They charging mortgage prices for one over here and I'm like:

tenor.gif

Figured unless I travel to States and bring one byke myself, I'm gonna have to spend ~$1,000 factoring in customs and VAT.

Given how crazy covid is in the US right now I'm not traveling anytime soon, and I sure as hell ain't paying those ridiculous prices from one of the stores here.

So I'll wait til things cool down and buy a Forbidden West or God of War 2 bundle next year.

Hopefully.

Disc version is ****ing hideous.

I probably by 7-10 games a whole console generation so the digital works for me
disk.. digital both ugly.

I have the OG PS4 spiderman game and when I put it in the 5, it was installing it as 4 game. I stopped/deleted it bc of that.

og spiderman is not a ps5 game nor has a upgrade for ps5. have to get miles morales ultimate edition for the remaster ps5 version

Nope, they released a new remastered version for the PS5. GOW and GOT let you pop the PS4 disc in though and get the upgrade.

guess it’s completely up to the developer

x900 updated today, now do I need to get a 2.1 cable to see/use the new visuals?

^ if you're talking for the PS5 it comes with a 2.1 cable.

With the PS5 upgrade for GOT do you have to select Visual options for Better Frame Rate or Higher Resolution?
I assumed it would automatically be 60 fps either way...?

I dont know anyone that buys bluray disc
Everyone streams now.

Yea the only argument I can think of would be a home theater enthusiast. like you grab a 4K UHD blu ray+player, 4k HDMI cable, 4kUHD tv.
some movies might hit different on that format (I'm guessing interstellar would knock).

having said that netlfix and amazon shoot their content in 4k and that is visible over the stream (Netflix you need to bump up to 4k plan, tho the fact that the content is shot in 4k means that it looks much better even in HD format).

(HBO does NOT shoot anything in 4k...yet).

i just grabbed a dolby atmos soundbar from LG for black friay and I think that will make for a more immersive exp than 4kUHD.

Interstellar at my local IMAX which is a laser 4k camera can't be recreated at home....its 4 story 4k screen, no1 can recreate that. but at least if the sound quality gets bumped up a bit, regular blue rays will hit better.

streaming is wave compared to buying home movies, but it CAN be annoying if you can't find the movie you want to watch on streaming. for certain movies, a random stream just isn't enough. but that is just me..

Yeah have digital , don’t regret it . Also I don’t have good internet and system still downloads in minutes .

I like the convenience of not changing games and I’m the guy thay buys the sports games as soon as they come , COD and a couple Big FPS (ex cyberpunk)

so I’m not too concerned with missing out on sales

You still have to dowload the games to use the disc.

Whats going to happen 15 years from now when you want to play those old ps4 games? Will you still be able to download it?

I pay for up to 25mbps, usually get closer to 13. Consequences of living in the suburbs. Downloading games takes damn near an entire day for me, otherwise I would definitely go digital

Back
Top Bottom