The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | Wukong is AVAILABLE NOW.

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Be careful. Apparently Sony is banning accounts for this. I guess the PS+ Collection was meant for PS5 users only. I did it too for my bro but I log in on his profile and play a COD match here and there so it appears he’s a PS5 user.

They are, but from the article I read, it was mainly for people reselling the games, not like the example stated.
Nonetheless, be cautious indeed.

PO

Just pre ordered cyberpunk 2077 on Amazon. It being in first person was holding me back, but gonna give it a try.

Be careful. Apparently Sony is banning accounts for this. I guess the PS+ Collection was meant for PS5 users only. I did it too for my bro but I log in on his profile and play a COD match here and there so it appears he’s a PS5 user.
That’s why you make throwaway accounts.

When Sony was giving away free games after that PSN outage debacle, I created multiple PSN accounts and downloaded every game that was offered.

Was playing Cold War, and it crashed my PS5 twice. Just completely shut off...I had to turn it back on from the power button and a black screen came on saying restoring (I think) but it was only on that screen for like 3 seconds then it worked fine

Hope this **** ain't ****** up

That’s why you make throwaway accounts.

When Sony was giving away free games after that PSN outage debacle, I created multiple PSN accounts and downloaded every game that was offered.
But the games could only be played on that account then tho, can’t transfer the license to your main account

Was playing Cold War, and it crashed my PS5 twice. Just completely shut off...I had to turn it back on from the power button and a black screen came on saying restoring (I think) but it was only on that screen for like 3 seconds then it worked fine

Hope this **** ain't ****ed up

Bad Religion Bad Religion mentioned this a few pages back.
Try not to play it anymore until a patch is put out. Thats what I'm doing.

PO

Treyarch dropped the ball on this one. I know they had to speed up the development but this is a widespread issue that is affecting every console. Its a shame since i loved BO4 and I found Cold War fun.

Treyarch dropped the ball on this one. I know they had to speed up the development but this is a widespread issue that is affecting every console. Its a shame since i loved BO4 and I found Cold War fun.
I think this being a multi-gen situation complicated their development process. Not excusing them(especially Activision), but given Treyarch's good track-record, that has to be the reason.

Local Targets seem to be massing an inventory of PS5s. According to Popfindr 220 disc consoles are spread out over 11 stores. 80 digital consoles are also there as well. Only 1 store shows 0 stock. Nothing is available to order in app however. Brickseek shows zero inventory at these locations.

PS4 Pro dropped 2-3 years after the PS4. I expect the cycle will be the same for PS5... if we do get a PS5 Pro.

You still have to dowload the games to use the disc.

Whats going to happen 15 years from now when you want to play those old ps4 games? Will you still be able to download it?

I would only worry about games with licensed materials. Those are the only ones that have a chance of getting pulled off the PS store once the licenses run out.

Things like Marvel games or games with real life cars. Games with licensed music as well like Sackboy for example.

Everything else should be fine to download years from now since it's money that could be had if they're on the PS store.

Probably one of the craziest things to me about the PS5 launch (and something I don’t really hear people talk about), is that for all of the fears people had about “repeating history”, Sony could’ve easily sold it for $600. People are out here willing to spend $1500 on one when they could easily wait a couple months until stock replenished. I remember seeing the PS3 sit on eBay back when the PS3 released

$499 is just about optics to be honest. Everything sells out at launch.
Launching at $599 then dropping the price few months down the line looks bad whereas $499 for a year or 2 makes demand look high if you're still shifting units.

$599 would've given MS ample marketing material as well. They took no time in saying the X was the world's most powerful console when the PS5 specs were confirmed even though it's not panning out that way at the moment.

That's foul if they're banning, that's their lack of proper controls.

Only because of Abuse.
If your account is being logged into in 5 different continents at the same time then yea you deserve a ban.
No issues if you help a friend or family.

PS4 Pro dropped 2-3 years after the PS4. I expect the cycle will be the same for PS5... if we do get a PS5 Pro.

I don't see a pro version happening this gen.

PS4 pro and XBoneX had to happen due to the base consoles not being that powerful in comparison to PC's so the gap became large by the end of last gen.

PS5/SX on the other hand are pretty powerful and can do the distance IMO.
We're getting 120fps games out of the gate and devs have not even tapped into the full potential of these new consoles.

Also these new chips are not cheap at all.
XBone, XBoneX and Series X have roughly the same die size but Series X is a lot more expensive because it's harder to manufacture.
This would be the same for Sony too.

1606918242199.png

We'll definitely get a slim but a Pro is up in the air.

Only because of Abuse.
If your account is being logged into in 5 different continents at the same time then yea you deserve a ban.
That'd great if people weren't saying "be careful" for people who simply logged in and was a happy accident.

Only because of Abuse.

I don't see a pro version happening this gen.

PS4 pro and XBoneX had to happen due to the base consoles not being that powerful in comparison to PC's so the gap became large by the end of last gen.

PS5/SX on the other hand are pretty powerful and can do the distance IMO.
We're getting 120fps games out of the gate and devs have not even tapped into the full potential of these new consoles.

Also these new chips are not cheap at all.
XBone, XBoneX and Series X have roughly the same die size but Series X is a lot more expensive because it's harder to manufacture.
This would be the same for Sony too.

1606918242199.png

We'll definitely get a slim but a Pro is up in the air.

I could see the slim being digital only and a pro that offers 4k ray tracing at 120fps

The fact that this rumor reports 2 gpus should tell you its nonsense, a pro would just have a larger gpu, 2 separate gpus has no benefit over one, only drawbacks
...the heat alone.
But streaming may have more to do with it.
Personally, I know the cooling sys alone is back on the drawing board.

Back
Top Bottom