The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | Wukong is AVAILABLE NOW.

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don’t know if y’all know this but in engineering management sucks yes. But if you leave it to us engineers game would never come out we would always find a problem.

even in my field our bosses force to send out out work. Test test test and even after results come in we have compromise. We may get failure earlier than wanted or can’t promise X flight cycles on a part or blade. But we want perfection our management wants us to complete something.

I work in aeronautical field. So I get patches I get recalls. It’s impossible to account for everything. Even with playtesting with all these advance programs online issues are bound to happen.

I’m ok with a patch and delay why cause it’s a game nothing more nothing less a luxury. I care more that Boeing has planes crashing cause they didn’t patch and pushed a product to avoid delay. Yes that happen.
Yeah I used to be an engineer too. I 've sat in on meetings and told people, we won't meet deadlines if we don't stop trying to add more stuff and had manages ignore me then months later have us working 100 hours to get it done because they couldn't say no. I'm fine with a delay too. I'm just speaking from personal experience on why things like this can happen. Usually starts with Management not saying no. And not saying this is the only cause. Its a complex issue.

GTA Online in 2013 would like a word with you
I'm talking about GTA proper. Online always have massive bugs. GTA has money and the workforce and the crunch mentality to ensure that the regular game was relatively bug free.

Yeah I used to be an engineer too. I 've sat in on meetings and told people, we won't meet deadlines if we don't stop trying to add more stuff and had manages ignore me then months later have us working 100 hours to get it done because they couldn't say no. I'm fine with a delay too. I'm just speaking from personal experience on why things like this can happen. Usually starts with Management not saying no. And not saying this is the only cause. Its a complex issue.

I'm talking about GTA proper. Online always have massive bugs. GTA has money and the workforce and the crunch mentality to ensure that the regular game was relatively bug free.

im Thinking of leaving the engineering life as well. Management be on some dumb stuff. As well you spend your time honestly looking for a better management team. I’m convinced none exist.

Bruh, ya’ll gotta stop playing this game. I’ve read too many horror stories about this game bricking/crashing consoles.
CoD like a drug at this point. They need that rock lol.

for real though play some GoT or even a lil ratchet and clink to pass the time.

im Thinking of leaving the engineering life as well. Management be on some dumb stuff. As well you spend your time honestly looking for a better management team. I’m convinced none exist.
Not a one. I'm thinking about going back. There's one company I liked and the money was good.

thats what patches are these games are massive. It’s not like they are missing content and charging you for it.

open world sandboxes are really really hard to program. Then on top of that they are making a game during a console generation switch so more play testing.

again yes the patch isn’t a problem why cause you shouldn’t have it yet. It went gold and got delayed so they can patch problems.

yet people wanna be thirsty for a video game to play and ish on it.

so the process is game went gold.

had problems so they delayed. They can only issue a patch cause it’s gold.

patch isn’t out yet oh man this game trash. Well yea CDPR thought so to hence they patched and delayed it.

they could have released that buggy mess with no patch and say we will do it later.

I can see your point of view and even agree with a few points.

However, this game was delayed twice before going gold, with a third delay hitting after the fact.

Like KingParappa KingParappa mentioned, poor management from a studio that has a refined pedigree and multiple experiences with games in the genre.

That said, only way I'll be playing on release date is if the friend I gameshare with pulls the trigger.

If not, I am content to wait.

Not a one. I'm thinking about going back. There's one company I liked and the money was good.

im waiting on one company it’s an hour drive away. They keep pushing back hires due to the pandemic. They built a new lab and need some leads there. Money way to good and my coworkers who I trained all left my company to go there and say it’s light years better.

I'm waiting for the story where a mob just raids a Wal-Mart for lying :lol:
Most of the time they arent lying
They literally have no clue whats actually on the trucks until they are unloaded

The invoice can say there's 10 of this and 12 of that, but they have to actually check everything in to make sure the invoices are right
Also there's certain people that have the authority to open a truck and remove merchandise
If those people arent there then the other managers cant really touch that truck unless its been discussed prior with that departments manager

Imagine if your the manager over electronics and you come to work the next day and the grocery manager and the automotive manager took all the PS5 off the truck without you knowing
Any of those systems come up missing the manager over electronics is responsible for them

At this point it’s going to be random who gets one. The fact that major publications in the Main Street media is telling people to just go to Walmart’s and try it’s going to be ugly.

anyone else's PS5 crash yet? Mine did twice yesterday playing Cold War :smh::smh:

I experienced my first "crash" about two hours ago. I was playing Miles Morales. :frown:

One happened during a cutscene in a side mission.
The game just froze & I couldn't use the home button to back out. :ohwell:
So i had to physically press the power button to restart the unit. Then the system gave that message it does when you "incorrectly" turn off the system (usually seen upon booting up a system after a power outage) & right after allowed me to submit a report.

The second happened about an hour after that during a "task" & it just exited the application by itself mid fight & allowed me to submit a report with video of that included.

Mind you, there was a software update released today for MM & this happened AFTER that. :smh::smh:

But like spicaly spicaly mentioned, at this point who do you blame, the console developer or the software developer? :angry:

PO

I experienced my first "crash" about two hours ago. I was playing Miles Morales. :frown:

One happened during a cutscene in a side mission.
The game just froze & I couldn't use the home button to back out. :ohwell:
So i had to physically press the power button to restart the unit. Then the system gave that message it does when you "incorrectly" turn off the system (usually seen upon booting up a system after a power outage) & right after allowed me to submit a report.

The second happened about an hour after that during a "task" & it just exited the application by itself mid fight & allowed me to submit a report with video of that included.

Mind you, there was a software update released today for MM & this happened AFTER that. :smh::smh:

But like spicaly spicaly mentioned, at this point who do you blame, the console developer or the software developer? :angry:

PO

man that sucks my first ps5 mm would crash on me it was unplayable i could not even get past the home screen sometimes without it crashing.

I was going to ask if you had the new update aswell smh

Following on from you guys discussions. This happened :lol:

I think it's fair. It's been happening a lot with the Bethesda games on that old engine.
Big games should not get a pass on buggyness. It should be reflected in the scores. Especially game breaking bugs.

When I hear of games wiping out your save files, I just think are we back to the PS1/2 days with corrupted memory cards.
That's not acceptable at all.

What resolution does the OG Spiderman play at on Ps5? I only have that version.

PS5 should default to the PS4 pro mode which had dynamic resolution that was upscaled to 4K. It should still look really good.

I sold my copy though and will get the remastered version for native 4K/60fps .

Back
Top Bottom