The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | Wukong is AVAILABLE NOW.

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is quite fascinating and it's interesting to see how devs find new solutions.
It's a shame that we'll need a 120hz TV to get the full benefits of it tho, which I do not have.😕

Me neither.
I still want an Sony A90J whenever I can afford one but no rush.
If they start implementing 40fps in more titles then I might have to get one sooner than later.

Some quick first impressions:

Picked it up last night from BB. It was easy to setup, the process was fast and painless. I threw in COD: Vanguard (PS4) and it started downloading/installing in the background. It then asked if I want the PS5 upgrade and accepted it and it downloaded that in the background, while updating the system and controller, dope. I love how seamless it was, no loading screens, no extra menus it all happened right there. The system UI/UX is a bit of strange one. Trying to navigate from top menus to bottom icons menus is ehhhh. Guess Im just use to PS4 menus/screens for everything, PS5 just happens right infant of you. I opened the PlayStation Store thinking it would be a new screen, and nope, just pans down, fast.

Ive seen the console in person, but actually holding it and seeing it, its not all that big to me. The design is much nicer in person. The controller feels great! It felt broken in already which I love, the design is an improvement if not an evolution of DS4.

Controller, bruh, this thing is wild! Astro is ANOTHER level. This is gaming. This **** is mind blowing. I played Matrix, I was hyped, I saw all the YouTube videos, couldn't wait to play it, it was ehhhhhh. Astro > Matrix demo. Son, I felt the individual rain drops in the controller, INDIVIDUAL. HOW DO YOU DO THAT SONY. It was RAIN IN MY PALMS BRUH!!! I blew in the controller (pause)... the pinwheel spun, SON! IT SPUN. I blew lightly, it slight moved, WTF?! How does it know (I know, but just saying). That's revolutionary. No wonder why M$ is making there own dual sense controller for 270 X Series Xbox, or whatever its called now.

That's it for now, will be back with more later.

Astro + Dualsense vs Matrix is an unfair comparison :lol:
The Ice level was amazing. Still one of the best experiences this gen so far.

Great month if true.

Most of the TVs I've looked at specs say 120 tru motion or something along the lines

Must be just a few models with a legit 120 refresh rate

Yea, you need to look for the ones that say the panel is 120Hz.
There are definitely more now though in the medium to high end ranges.

mtrx8aokh5.jpg

FGRvtRZUcAEN2iH
FGPThm4VIAMxxHD

mtrx18ekup.jpg
mtrx3d0j5s.jpg
thematrixawakens_anunj9knu.png

I'm of the idea with everything we've seen adapted the past 2 decades, if it's the first film or a return after a long time you gotta go with meeting some of the fanboys expectations first vs a general audience. Just make it quality and they'll come, ie Invincible and Arcane. Rarely works the other way around.

Anyone watch Resident Evil: Welcome to Racoon City? 😅
I just finished it and it was rubbish... I didn't like the casting either. 😂
But I did enjoy the callbacks to the OG games. 🤷‍♂️ It was kinda fun seeing how they recreated a few of those scenes.

Anyone watch Resident Evil: Welcome to Racoon City? 😅
I just finished it and it was rubbish... I didn't like the casting either. 😂
But I did enjoy the callbacks to the OG games. 🤷‍♂️ It was kinda fun seeing how they recreated a few of those scenes.

The RE movies are comical.

Should've just gone the tv show route.

Maybe 7-8 episodes per season.

I'm of the idea with everything we've seen adapted the past 2 decades, if it's the first film or a return after a long time you gotta go with meeting some of the fanboys expectations first vs a general audience. Just make it quality and they'll come, ie Invincible and Arcane. Rarely works the other way around.
True,

Never played League of Legends but was hooked on Arcane

Back
Top Bottom