The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | Wukong is AVAILABLE NOW.

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Turning up the difficulty to Lethal + in Ghosts made the combat a little less repetitive for me. Forced me to do a lot more dodging/counters

I finished Ghost, crazy a game can look so gorgeous but be so repetitive. Trying to decide what to play next, any suggestions.
Immortals Fenyx Rising
Alan Wake
The Last of Us Remastered (PS4)
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Demon Souls
Far Cry 6
Greedfall
Tales of Arise
Assasins Creed Valhalla
Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4)
hands down - red dead redemption 2 & the last of us!
final fantasy 7 remake & demon souls are good too

Demon souls is tiring tho. Beautiful game but I don’t wanna put in all that effort just to beat it.

On that list, if you haven’t played the Last of Us then it’s definitely that

Forgot to post in here that i got my PS5 back from repairing my rest mode issue about 10 days ago. An inconvenience, but glad i got the issue (hopefully) fixed. Turnaround was about 3-4 weeks and it was nice to get it back before the holidays

Actually saved me because i had the 2042 $100 package preordered but got a refund when i sent my system in and wasnt gonna be able to play on launch. Still would like to get the game at some point but not paying full price lol

^ What was ultimately the problem?
When going into rest mode, about 50% of the time I would get a green screen and system would shut down completely. To turn back on I had to push the physical console power button and the database would rebuild each time (same thing that happens if you were to pull the power cord out)

If youre asking about root cause…im not sure. Sony gives absolutely no info about what repair was performed or anything. But from what ive read it seems they might replace the motherboard for this issue. Seems to have been an issue on some day 1 consoles

Some deeper info below and what led to me sending mine in before warranty ran out

When going into rest mode, about 50% of the time I would get a green screen and system would shut down completely. To turn back on I had to push the physical console power button and the database would rebuild each time (same thing that happens if you were to pull the power cord out)

If youre asking about root cause…im not sure. Sony gives absolutely no info about what repair was performed or anything. But from what ive read it seems they might replace the motherboard for this issue. Seems to have been an issue on some day 1 consoles

Some deeper info below and what led to me sending mine in before warranty ran out

🤔🤔🤔 I had rest-mode problems on my PS4... which was why I never used it. I wonder if it's related.

🤔🤔🤔 I had rest-mode problems on my PS4... which was why I never used it. I wonder if it's related.
I actually had the same thing on my PS4, database would rebuild. I attributed it to my Monster “green” surge protector trying to be efficient and messing with my ****. When it was happening with my PS5, i knew something was up. I dealt with it for a year and obviously you can just power down to eliminate the issue, but i enjoy the quick startup of rest mode and auto downloads etc. so glad i got it fixed. Havent really played since i got it back but im actually just assuming its fixed lol

Some quick first impressions:

Picked it up last night from BB. It was easy to setup, the process was fast and painless. I threw in COD: Vanguard (PS4) and it started downloading/installing in the background. It then asked if I want the PS5 upgrade and accepted it and it downloaded that in the background, while updating the system and controller, dope. I love how seamless it was, no loading screens, no extra menus it all happened right there. The system UI/UX is a bit of strange one. Trying to navigate from top menus to bottom icons menus is ehhhh. Guess Im just use to PS4 menus/screens for everything, PS5 just happens right infant of you. I opened the PlayStation Store thinking it would be a new screen, and nope, just pans down, fast.

Ive seen the console in person, but actually holding it and seeing it, its not all that big to me. The design is much nicer in person. The controller feels great! It felt broken in already which I love, the design is an improvement if not an evolution of DS4.

Controller, bruh, this thing is wild! Astro is ANOTHER level. This is gaming. This **** is mind blowing. I played Matrix, I was hyped, I saw all the YouTube videos, couldn't wait to play it, it was ehhhhhh. Astro > Matrix demo. Son, I felt the individual rain drops in the controller, INDIVIDUAL. HOW DO YOU DO THAT SONY. It was RAIN IN MY PALMS BRUH!!! I blew in the controller (pause)... the pinwheel spun, SON! IT SPUN. I blew lightly, it slight moved, WTF?! How does it know (I know, but just saying). That's revolutionary. No wonder why M$ is making there own dual sense controller for 270 X Series Xbox, or whatever its called now.

That's it for now, will be back with more later.

Debating if I really want to get Elden Ring knowing full well that I'll never actually finish it...

I actually had the same thing on my PS4, database would rebuild. I attributed it to my Monster “green” surge protector trying to be efficient and messing with my ****. When it was happening with my PS5, i knew something was up. I dealt with it for a year and obviously you can just power down to eliminate the issue, but i enjoy the quick startup of rest mode and auto downloads etc. so glad i got it fixed. Havent really played since i got it back but im actually just assuming its fixed lol

surprised you held on to that faulty system that long.

I had a launch console with what seemed to be a faulty gpu sent it back soon as I got it

For our 12-page cover story, we spoke to Guerrilla Games about what Aloy's adventure westward will entail, and we were treated to two hands-off demos. One demo showcased an area early in the game, providing a glimpse at the more detailed towns and character models alongside the new skill trees and workbench system. Our second demo took us much later in the game to see a boss battle in action against a new fierce foe: the Slitherfang. However, the new machines are only part of Aloy's struggles this time around. Find out more about the additional pressures and conundrums coming her way, and how Guerrilla Games is taking Aloy and the gameplay in Horizon Forbidden West to a new level.

Demon souls is tiring tho. Beautiful game but I don’t wanna put in all that effort just to beat it.

On that list, if you haven’t played the Last of Us then it’s definitely that

Just use magic, fire spells are OP in Demon's Souls.

Stole from Twitter:

1640038600629.png

Think my PS5 will remain unplugged until Feb for HZD2. It's unplugged because it keeps turning itself on for no good reason, and yes, I disabled HDMI-CEC.

Back
Top Bottom