The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | Wukong is AVAILABLE NOW.

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know I’m in the minority but I like the acquisitions. It reminds me of the days where there were good exclusives on all platforms. Back then I couldn’t afford to just buy every system but I’m ready now :smokin :lol:
for me, it depends on who is the party involved.

I know I’m in the minority but I like the acquisitions. It reminds me of the days where there were good exclusives on all platforms. Back then I couldn’t afford to just buy every system but I’m ready now :smokin :lol:
Facts. Only people complaining are the ones that can’t or don’t want both systems. PS5 is still gonna be my go to console this gen but you can’t deny Microsoft and game pass are hitting it out the park early this gen.

I don't play enough to have two systems. I'll rather one box play all the games I want and so far so good since I don't play any of the Bethesda Titles or Activision games. I can live without Crash and Spyro.

All hell will break lose when MS turn their eyes to Capcom or Square Enix though :lol:

Pressure will be bigger than ever on Sony's exclusives to perform.

while this is exciting, I'm quite tentative to indulge in this considering, it's an unknown brand and company. I don't know if it's a legit product or one of those fake rams. have to do some further research.

I have a 2TB gen 3 in my PC from them and it works fine

Welp, that's the end of exclusive content and or continued projects on PS5 or other Sony consoles in the future.

Even if you own every console, you can still lose out on this deal.

If you like Sony exclusives, well, revenue from 3rd party sales plays no small part in the level of quality they achieve.

3rd party revenue allows Sony to push games back. It allows them to increase the scope and budget.

Take out the #1 selling PS game annually, along with all the other huge franchises, and that's a ton of revenue to make up.

How do you do that?
Push games out before you reach the usual level of polish
Decrease scope/budget
Aggressively monetize multiplayer offerings
Scrap tentpole single player offerings for GAAS

I don't think y'all are looking at this from all angles. This could all be on the table now. It can't be business as usual for Sony any more.

Maybe it will result in something good, but that's tough to see right now.

Even future Playstation hardware can be affected by this.

Last edited:

If you like Sony exclusives, well, revenue from 3rd party sales plays no small part in the level of quality they achieve.

3rd party revenue allows Sony to push games back. It allows them to increase the scope and budget.

Take out the #1 selling PS game annually, along with all the other huge franchises, and that's a ton of revenue to make up.

How do you do that?
Decrease scope/budget

I don't think y'all are looking at this from all angles. This could all be on the table now.
Yea I have gamepass and got a Series X over the holidays and I don't like the potential ramifications and implications of this deal on the industry at large at all...

How do you do that?
Decrease scope/budget

I don't think y'all are looking at this from all angles. This could all be on the table now. It can't be business as usual for Sony any more.

if-they-die-they-die.jpg

Bigger news game pass on ps?
I think that’s MS end game here - you can play it on any system that has game pass. Let Sony sell systems at a loss and sit back and make all the profits off software. The intent is to dominate the market and suffocate competition with a subscription base service. You know they are still miffed about the blowback from the xbone announcement and their desires for digital rights management. Gamers back in the day wanted ownership of the games they purchased and made a definite no statement. Now a days gamers don’t care or maybe don’t think about the implications. MS is flexing their pockets to just outspend the competition and become a Netflix/Amazon. And when they marginalize any competition, they control the market. My personal opinion is that I don’t like it and I hope Sony doesn’t allow game pass on the PS. Buying up established publishers/developers is bad taste imo. I’m a little annoyed about the Bethesda games but no loss, I can do without; my backlog is huge of games I picked up on discount and never played. Just not enough time with a professional life. Definitely won’t be paying for a subscription service that gets minimal use.

How do you do that?
Decrease scope/budget

I agree with abs see what you’re saying but **** all that :lol:

I prefer for Sony to feel that pressure, step outside their comfort zone and let’s see what we get. Worse case scenario, **** don’t work and I just start on my PS1 backlog 🤷🏽‍♂️

Sony is for sure going to do their own version of Gamepass.

Curious how hard they come out the gate with it especially now since the pressure is on them.

Sony is for sure going to do their own version of Gamepass.

Curious how hard they come out the gate with it especially now since the pressure is on them.
It needs to have a solid ps1, ps2 and ps3 collection to download or stream, some 3rd party games available day 1 and they got my money. I can’t see them releasing their own games day 1

I agree with abs see what you’re saying but **** all that :lol:

I prefer for Sony to feel that pressure, step outside their comfort zone and let’s see what we get. Worse case scenario, **** don’t work and I just start on my PS1 backlog 🤷🏽‍♂️

Yeah, ok.

How do you do that?
Decrease scope/budget

There will be knock on effects but I don't think Sony will let it affect their bread and butter. First party games is now even more important so mismanaging that is a death sentence.

1642576779051.png

Sony still makes most of their money from DLC and MTX from games like Fortnite.
The biggest blow is COD. MS will eat the cost of it not going multiplatform to improve the utility of Gamepass. Activision's other games won't move the needle.

I'm actually interested to see what Sony's revenue will look like without COD.
I want to see if there's a sentiment change and if or when fortnite casual crowd all move away from PS. That's when their pockets will be really hit. Every part of that pie will be affected.

PS3 days were much darker than this and that made them stronger for the PS4.

I can see Sony cosying up to Marvel even more. Insomniac going to become a Marvel studio for life :lol:

To get Rockstar you'd have to aquire Take Two. That'll never happen.

Anything is on the table at this rate :lol:
They can certainly afford it.

Back
Top Bottom