The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | Wukong is AVAILABLE NOW.

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Microsoft owns halo. Bungie hasn’t made a halo game since reach.

but I would think Bungie owns some type of copyright since they made it??

or they made it and sold the rights to M$?

But M$ should of bought them out im sure Bungie made them a lot of money

I haven't touched Destiny in awhile, but the OG Destiny MP was LEGIT, even rivaled COD in some cases. I remember the day I got Gjallarhorn, it was a moment of clarity, the grind was wild. Def in my top 3 video game moments.

I think ill run some Destiny 2 tonight lol.

Also an interesting wrinkle in this deal: https://www.pcgamer.com/sony-is-buying-bungie-for-dollar36b/

One potentially interesting point in all this the $100 million investment that Chinese online gaming company NetEase made in Bungie in 2018. That investment was meant to help fund the creation of new, self-published games and transform Bungie "from a single franchise development team into a global, multi-franchise entertainment studio." It's not yet known how that investment will be impacted by the Sony acquisition.

Bungie sold the IP rights to Halo to MS so they could become independent and develop Destiny. They didn’t want to keep making only Halo like MS wanted them to do.

At least that’s how I understand it

That bloodborne demake on the PC is incredible. It plays exactly like a ps1 game, right down to the frame jitters and horrible tank controls. :lol:

That bloodborne demake on the PC is incredible. It plays exactly like a ps1 game, right down to the frame jitters and horrible tank controls. :lol:

I honestly had never heard of a demake til this. Didn’t know people were this passionate/nostalgic about early 3D. It looked really dope in the trailer though.

I honestly had never heard of a demake til this. Didn’t know people were this passionate/nostalgic about early 3D. It looked really dope in the trailer though.
Its cool. Kinda reminds me of the MegaMan x Street Fighter game that came out a while ago.

I forgot to mention in my last post that this demake has the ps1 startup sound when you boot it. The amount of nostalgia that hit me when I heard that almost made me shed a year. :lol:

Looks like another game going after the Genshin Impact model.

Anyone here still playing Genshin. I never bothered since it was a gaacha game but if you can play it without grinding then I might play it.

Bungie sold the IP rights to Halo to MS so they could become independent and develop Destiny. They didn’t want to keep making only Halo like MS wanted them to do.

At least that’s how I understand it

I guess COD can do that for M$

Square Enix, Capcom and Konami rn

giphy.webp

Not a big fan though of the industry heading this route...

Are you guys getting Dying light 2? Was the first one any good?

Thinking of getting that over horizon , as the first one didn’t do anything for me

Why buy Bungie and not Take-Two, Ubisoft, EA? Even Bethesda Studios would've been better than Bungie.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom