The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | Wukong is AVAILABLE NOW.

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
sounds like DL2 needs more time in the oven

Weird . Game informer gave it a 9.5

Yikes . 6 from game spot

Last edited:
A mode I would like to see GT7 have but doubt it, is the open world driving in Forza 5. I've seen quite a few of these videos on YouTube and it looks dope.

Some leaked pics of GT7

Gran_Turismo_7_image_5-1536x864.jpg

Gran_Turismo_7_image_7-1536x864.jpg

Gran_Turismo_7_image_2-1536x864.jpg

PCIe 3.0 x4 with NVMe 1.3
Crystal Disk Mark:
Read/Write: up to 2,100/1,700 MB/s

IOPS
Read/Write: 220k/200k IOPS Max

Not suggested for PS5 brodi, nor is that price a steal considering the performance.

I went Firecuda 530.

If you want something more economical (with top-end performance) go Gammix S70 Blade @ $250.

Last edited:
A mode I would like to see GT7 have but doubt it, is the open world driving in Forza 5. I've seen quite a few of these videos on YouTube and it looks dope.

I bought Forza Horizon 5 to get my racing fix until GT7 comes out, and I stopped playing it after a week. It's too damn childish and unrealistic; it's very clear that it's catered towards the Fortnite crowd.

Open world would've been cool if it actually worked online (as of last month, a ton of users including myself couldn't play online with constant disconnecting errors). Playing against the game's stupid AI instead (imagine racing against an entire group of GT Sport rammers) is not fun at all.

Gran Turismo's presentation alone makes me feel like a high class car connoisseur (even though I actually just end up building 1000 HP R34s with no control)

Last edited:
Fortnite crowd? Damn man, that’s wild. The Horizon series been dope for a minute. It’s just a different take on racing. I think it’s great and fun. You don’t have to take it too serious. Xbox had a great balance with Horizon and Motorsport, imo.

Fortnite crowd? Damn man, that’s wild. The Horizon series been dope for a minute. It’s just a different take on racing. I think it’s great and fun. You don’t have to take it too serious. Xbox had a great balance with Horizon and Motorsport, imo.

I don't know...the dialogue, the graphics, the instant rewards for doing nothing, spinwheels that led me to winning new outfits and emotes for my character,etc. rubbed me the wrong way and reminded me of Fortnite :lol:

I don't know...the dialogue, the graphics, the instant rewards for doing nothing, spinwheels that led me to winning new outfits and emotes for my character,etc. rubbed me the wrong way and reminded me of Fortnite :lol:

I have to agree with your opinion of the overall feel. Gorgeous but too arcade-like.

I copped via gamepass ultimate. Literally played it twice.... thought it was awesome at first, then tried it with a wheel and it was a effing disaster.

Haven't touched it since. Will just wait for Motorsport.

That was awesome, really dope State of Play by Poly.

Gran Turismo is just soo damn luxurious looking, it's like an art piece in Louvre. The presentation is classy and the in-game menus and locals look sophisticated.

The biggest takeaway for me was the adaptive controls for Dual Sense, if they can nail it as they describe, it would be heaven. Dirt 5 use of adaptive controllers was pretty cool and unique, and probably the only reason why I play the game, so really looking forward to what Poly did on GT7.

I'm not too happy about 400 cars at launch (300 after 2001) BUT, they did say more will be avail post launch and downloadable content. I told myself the first car I'm buying (if they have it) is 2002 Nissan Silva S15 Spec R AERO, and moments later, I see it in the game, dope!

The weather system, Jesus Christ, Kaz made the weather system look like a college course, lol. I sat there in aweee over ******* clouds and rain, damn.

No mention of car damage, but I did see some cars roughed up in the videos, also still not sold on sound in this game. Poly weak spot for me has always been in the sound dept. and the engine sounds, road sound are either too generic or overused for different cars. This is PS5 Poly, cant cut corners. Also in several of the videos, I saw pop-in on gates and cars, and low res textures on surfaces, trees and characters pit models. I'm hoping that was the PS4 version, because that would be ****** up to have on the PS5.

I have Forza Horizon as well and I plan on getting GT but they’re two completely different racing games.

Forza Horizon is more for an arcade racing game if you just want to mess around with your car for giggles. GT is more of a serious sim racer if you want to beat your personal time on a track.

I’ve played GT since the PS1 days but also play racing games like Initial D and Wangan Midnight so I enjoy both types of games in their very own way.

Don’t get me wrong, the concept of Forza Horizon is fine to me. It’s just the some of the execution is lacking…

It’s hard to explain. In Gran Turismo, I have to start low, win races to move up in rank, earn licenses, etc. which makes playing the game feel rewarding when I do get something.

In Forza Horizon, I started off the game with multiple top of the line cars and randomly get hundreds of thousands of dollars for apparently destroying the Mexican countryside. It makes the game extremely short for me cause it’s like “ok it’s been a few hours and I already have/can have a massive expensive garage, what else do I do now”

I used to play both GT and Need for Speed as a kid/teen. Even NFS had you start off with weak cars and then work your way up to get the supercars near the end of the game. I know the dialogue was corny but that one game in the series, NFS Most Wanted, is the type of open world arcade racing game that I loved.

Evolution shoulda took Motorstorm down the Horizon path (though I loved their crafted tracks) instead of Driveclub.

They might still be alive today.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom