The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | Wukong is AVAILABLE NOW.

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes, but there is a desire for a Horizon type game on Playstation from some folks out there.

I don't know...the dialogue, the graphics, the instant rewards for doing nothing, spinwheels that led me to winning new outfits and emotes for my character,etc. rubbed me the wrong way and reminded me of Fortnite :lol:

I 100% agree.

Maybe I am getting old and grumpy but I don't like any of this :lol:

Fortnite is so :wow: but it is so blatant in what they are doing it actually offends me. Eventually....

I get what you guys are saying, I really do but I play Forza Horizon to be able to race my favorite cars. I actually enjoyed the game just throwing money at me so that I can do that instead of grinding and working my way up. That’s just me.

Am I the only one who didn't enjoy the first horizon game?

i didnt really care for the first one either i tried picking it up recently to replay because the game was quite forgettable for me so i could play this new one coming up and i can barely keep playing the first one again. Dont think i will cop the 2nd until a sale or maybe not.

For me, GT has always been the progression-style of gameplay. While I 've never played any Forza game, Horizon (from the vids) looks very different from GT. GT has always been circuit/track-based driving/racing, so you def can't compare the two. With so many other sims out there, like iRacing or ACC, I find that GT has the best balance for me... a simcade, if you will... you can jump in quickly for an 'arcade race' or tune your car and try to shave tenths of a second off your laptime. Games like ACC dive deep into tuning and setup (like 10 different suspension settings, with tire pressure and temp adjustments)... and is just too intense for me. I don't have time to try dozens of different setups. Same goes for iRacing... I'm just not interested in online competition. And even Kaz says it himself... GT is a "driving simulator". He's more about the driving experience and car culture. Collecting cars, modifying, taking photos are all a part of it.

Anyway... more footage.

^ Me too! OG right here!

Full-rez

1643871761185.png

Y’all do realize that you cannot in any sense compare Forza Horizon and GT right? :lol:

Outside of the above those two should not be mentioned in the same sentence.

You want to talk about Forza Motorsport and GT
Not even remotely the same games or purpose. Wild for someone to get either thinking it would meet the itch for the other.

^ Me too! OG right here!

Full-rez

1643871761185.png

its great they finally have Porsche back in the game.

I only see 3 BMW's on there hope there are more.

I seen they added pick up trucks would be cool if they could of done SUVs as well like a G wagon or some wranglers.

Just finished watching the State of Play.
I felt underdressed in some parts :lol:

I will be spending a long time with this game. Looking forward to the haptic and resistive trigger implementation.

I see the demon car, the Red Bull X1 is back. I hope they don't tie that to any trophies.

I was thinking about maybe getting the 25th anniversary edition but I'm thinking to just start from the bottom with no extra credits or fast cars for the authentic experience. This is going to be a long gen with all the shortages so I might as well get the most out of it.

That was awesome, really dope State of Play by Poly.

Gran Turismo is just soo damn luxurious looking, it's like an art piece in Louvre. The presentation is classy and the in-game menus and locals look sophisticated.

The biggest takeaway for me was the adaptive controls for Dual Sense, if they can nail it as they describe, it would be heaven. Dirt 5 use of adaptive controllers was pretty cool and unique, and probably the only reason why I play the game, so really looking forward to what Poly did on GT7.

I'm not too happy about 400 cars at launch (300 after 2001) BUT, they did say more will be avail post launch and downloadable content. I told myself the first car I'm buying (if they have it) is 2002 Nissan Silva S15 Spec R AERO, and moments later, I see it in the game, dope!

The weather system, Jesus Christ, Kaz made the weather system look like a college course, lol. I sat there in aweee over ****ing clouds and rain, damn.

No mention of car damage, but I did see some cars roughed up in the videos, also still not sold on sound in this game. Poly weak spot for me has always been in the sound dept. and the engine sounds, road sound are either too generic or overused for different cars. This is PS5 Poly, cant cut corners. Also in several of the videos, I saw pop-in on gates and cars, and low res textures on surfaces, trees and characters pit models. I'm hoping that was the PS4 version, because that would be ****ed up to have on the PS5.

I think 400 is fine at launch. I've happy with the customisation we're getting.
I wouldn't worry about pop in. It's a tradition for early footage in GT games.

I wanted to hear more about the ray tracing implementation though. No idea if that mode will be 60fps or just lower res.

Evolution shoulda took Motorstorm down the Horizon path (though I loved their crafted tracks) instead of Driveclub.

They might still be alive today.

Evolution were unlucky.

Driveclub died because of the failed online at launch and before that Motorstorm Apocalypse got pulled off shelves because it launched around the same time as the Tsunami in Japan which affected sales.
Actual gameplay for Driveclub was sublime. Even the Bikes expansion was just as good.

I miss both games. Sony had a studio that could make Arcade and Simcade games and just let them go.

Imagine this on PS5

Last edited:
Been playing the GTA trilogy on my phone. Still hood up well besides the graphics. Man I loved when Rockstar was giving us gems year after year with different times and settings. Ahead of their times.
Wish they would do more stories like that :frown:

Been playing the GTA trilogy on my phone. Still hood up well besides the graphics. Man I loved when Rockstar was giving us gems year after year with different times and settings. Ahead of their times.
Wish they would do more stories like that :frown:

They’ll just keep doing online updates to GTA 5 for the next 16 years

Back
Top Bottom