The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | Wukong is AVAILABLE NOW.

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Stuck on the very next one as we speak…

32C50A88-4995-40F5-9EF7-FE689464DE61.jpeg
Not gonna lie, that license test defeated me. I rock no assists at all on controller and hardest settings on the game. Basically as raw of an experience as I can get and I had to turn on all the assists to get gold. I kept falling like .090 seconds too slow to score gold. They REALLY want you to master that accelerator control. Really glad I bought another controller cuz I can totally see myself chucking one.

Anybody down to run Destiny Raid? I haven’t ran one in awhile, but I just started playing again, went from 1350 to 1518, copped Witcher Queen expansion and ready to roll.

Not gonna lie, that license test defeated me. I rock no assists at all on controller and hardest settings on the game. Basically as raw of an experience as I can get and I had to turn on all the assists to get gold. I kept falling like .090 seconds too slow to score gold. They REALLY want you to master that accelerator control. Really glad I bought another controller cuz I can totally see myself chucking one.
At least this one gave a decent cornering car. I’ve been stuck on the very next one with the Supra for days now. It doesn’t help that the car turns like a boat. Currently have 049.

I’m not as obsessive as I was when I was younger. After about a couple of hours of frustration and no assists at all, I just give up and turn on abs. It allows you to break a lot harder without losing too much traction and maintains more entry speed around tight corners. Also helps keep the car more stable. Its really is a fine line on the controller triggers between good braking and complete lock up.

I think ABS is a must simply cuz there really isn't much feel on the brake pedal... especially on the more mid-tier wheels. Even with the Fanatec (or above) brakes with the load cell attachments, the feel is quite limited. I used to turn off all assists ('cept for ABS), but with with how easy it is to break traction on the rears in GT7, I decided to use 1 click of TCS. Makes life a lot less frustrating. 😅

I’m not as obsessive as I was when I was younger. After about a couple of hours of frustration and no assists at all, I just give up and turn on abs. It allows you to break a lot harder without losing too much traction and maintains more entry speed around tight corners. Also helps keep the car more stable. Its really is a fine line on the controller triggers between good braking and complete lock up.
This was the setting I used:

Steering sensitivity 7
Traction control 1
ABS brakes on
Stability on
Countersteering off

I cleared the NSX trial in a few tries using this after trying for hours.

Had a few folks asking me about The Show on PSN. After some play time I can confirm my original diagnosis: same as last year

Definitely some small improvements like usual. Most noticeable in-game improvement is the presentation and crowd.

I basically play sports game 90% of the time so it’s worth it for me. But if the money means a lot to you, it may not be worth it

Personally, I hate the direction of sports gaming. Ive always been big on franchise and these games are just blatantly neglecting the mode in favor of the ultimate team model. While i have grown to enjoy this mode on Fifa and The Show, it is a cash grab that plays right into my weaknesses (impulsive buying, instant gratification, etc).

Looking forward to OOTP’s release this month

I think ABS is a must simply cuz there really isn't much feel on the brake pedal... especially on the more mid-tier wheels. Even with the Fanatec (or above) brakes with the load cell attachments, the feel is quite limited. I used to turn off all assists ('cept for ABS), but with with how easy it is to break traction on the rears in GT7, I decided to use 1 click of TCS. Makes life a lot less frustrating. 😅
I guess I just like the added challenge of saying “I did it with no assists.” Lmao. There are a few instances where being able to lock all the tires up and slide the car into the correct line does help, but some of these license tests demand near perfection. Depending on your driving style braking late into a turn and carrying the maximum amount of speed will make up for not being able to control the car under acceleration on the exit. I found that helped a lot with the 97 Supra test. Instead of trying to dump the accelerator at the earliest moment I enter the corner as fast as I can without understeering and let the car do it thing until you can really get on the gas.

This was the setting I used:

Steering sensitivity 7
Traction control 1
ABS brakes on
Stability on
Countersteering off

I cleared the NSX trial in a few tries using this after trying for hours.
I forget what my steering sensitivity is at but the only thing I turn on is abs. That helps a ton and shaves a lot of time off.

The Gt7 reviews make me want to drive dirty even more. I'm glad they did what they did

I forget what my steering sensitivity is at but the only thing I turn on is abs. That helps a ton and shaves a lot of time off.
Turn your steering sensitivity to 7. It’ll reduce the under steer and allow you to take the inside corner a lot better.

I guess I just like the added challenge of saying “I did it with no assists.” Lmao. There are a few instances where being able to lock all the tires up and slide the car into the correct line does help, but some of these license tests demand near perfection. Depending on your driving style braking late into a turn and carrying the maximum amount of speed will make up for not being able to control the car under acceleration on the exit. I found that helped a lot with the 97 Supra test. Instead of trying to dump the accelerator at the earliest moment I enter the corner as fast as I can without understeering and let the car do it thing until you can really get on the gas.
No, I know exactly what you mean... I was the same with wanting the 'did it with no assists'... but I just can't get any feel for lockups and I'd like to think that 'Default ABS' is generally the accepted by most players. 😅 The snappy nature of GT7 got me so annoyed that I was like 'screw this, I'm clicking 1 TCS!' 😂🤷‍♂️

Interestingly, I felt that GT7's understeer has a more pronounced feedback on the wheel. I can really feel the fronts scrubbing, which makes me more conscious of my entry speed.

Turn your steering sensitivity to 7. It’ll reduce the under steer and allow you to take the inside corner a lot better.
I’ll try it out.

No, I know exactly what you mean... I was the same with wanting the 'did it with no assists'... but I just can't get any feel for lockups and I'd like to think that 'Default ABS' is generally the accepted by most players. 😅 The snappy nature of GT7 got me so annoyed that I was like 'screw this, I'm clicking 1 TCS!' 😂🤷‍♂️

Interestingly, I felt that GT7's understeer has a more pronounced feedback on the wheel. I can really feel the fronts scrubbing, which makes me more conscious of my entry speed.
Yeah it is a struggle. Satisfying as hell when I nail the triggers and get that perfect lap.

I can’t justify buying a wheel and pedal set up. I just don’t play that often. One day though. One day lol.

Back
Top Bottom