The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | Wukong is AVAILABLE NOW.

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Foveated rendering and haptics going to blow minds

I'm intrigued. 🤔

Unbox Therapy the game?

OCD will kick in for me and the game will become stressful :lol:

First party titles are the ones that really utilised the hardware so they will be the hardest ones to emulate. Look at videos of Uncharted 3 or TLOU being emulated on RPCS3.
They run terribly and crash a lot.

Probably better off getting remasters of popular games on PS3 or just keeping your PS3.
Never selling mine.

Damn Nintendo never gets no smoke and they just dole out ***.

Nintendo gets away with so much stuff that being anti-consumer is a feature.

Cuz Nintendo is actually an excuse for the stuff they do

277460121_10158680718367224_1114837874212635884_n.jpg

:lol:

Anyone play MW on Ps4 then 5? Graphics that much better? Seen someone play on the new Xbox and man it looks so much better. Im on ps4 and its fine but I woudnt mind an upgrade.

Foveated rendering and haptics going to blow minds

Unbox Therapy the game?

OCD will kick in for me and the game will become stressful :lol:

First party titles are the ones that really utilised the hardware so they will be the hardest ones to emulate. Look at videos of Uncharted 3 or TLOU being emulated on RPCS3.
They run terribly and crash a lot.

Probably better off getting remasters of popular games on PS3 or just keeping your PS3.
Never selling mine.

Backwards compatibility is the reason hardware wise sx>> ps5 so far this gen for me. There are some games from that gen that are just to good to stay stuck on old hardware. Looking at portal 2 and fight night

Tl;dr: If you’re someone who’s been on the fence and thinking Elden Ring probably isn’t for you, then I’d say you’re probably right. Just beat it and the world gets an A rating from me, but bosses are a D+ imo. I play mostly for bosses and feel that this game wasn’t for me, but that said don’t exactly regret playing despite the frustration and shortcomings.

Rest of it (spoiler free):

Unless you’re a godlike gamer and/or willing to put an unreasonable amount of time into understanding boss movesets particularly in the late game, and copying strong “meta” builds, you likely will not find these boss fights to be fair and fun. It’s a fairly common opinion that these fights were dark souls 2 tier (which is generally regarded as bottom for soulsborne games.)

Imo a big part of what went wrong here was the npc spirit summon mechanic. Bosses have these ridiculous AOEs, massive health pools, cutscene length combos, minimal openings, and input read to attack when you heal because they’re scaled with the assumption that you’ll use spirit ashes in mind. But if you’re someone that wants the satisfaction of fighting bosses that are scaled and have movesets to go mano-y-mano with you, and aren’t an elite tier gamer or are not interested in dumping lots of time into studying their movesets then I have a hard time recommending the game.

I’d say for those who have not copped yet but are really curious about experiencing this beautifully designed world, then do it under this condition. Feel free to farm, level up, summon, look up strong stuff and use whatever you can at your disposal to spend as little time as possible retrying these poorly designed bosses. This is coming from someone who’s done NG+ on Bloodborne and Sekiro and does not plan on doing the same for ER.

Nintendo fan boys are something else. it’s a modern day game boy. It’s good for what it is but I don’t even put it the same category as the PS4/5 and xone/s/sx
Even with all that I probably have put more hours into my switch than I have my PS5 over the last year. Graphics be damned sometimes I just need a good game with a good story.

I haven't even gotten as far as I hoped on Horizon due to the constant chaos that is my life. The portability of the switch makes it all too convenient.

Even with all that I probably have put more hours into my switch than I have my PS5 over the last year. Graphics be damned sometimes I just need a good game with a good story.

I haven't even gotten as far as I hoped on Horizon due to the constant chaos that is my life. The portability of the switch makes it all too convenient.
Doesn’t leave my edc bag either. Which is one of the reasons I call it a modern glorified game boy. It’s good for what it is

Doesn’t leave my edc bag either. Which is one of the reasons I call it a modern glorified game boy. It’s good for what it is
I've been working remote for the last two years or I could probably say the some thing. I did get my 4 year old a switch because I got tired of sharing my own.

Switch > most systems experience wise.

Smash ultimate is easily my most played and possibly favorite game of the last 4-5 years.

I get why many would disagree but I'm a JRPG guy and switch gives me my current fill.
This is probably why I don’t see the big deal with it other than the portability aspect. I’m just not into Japanese culture. Every weirdo I know like DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican is into anime and turned me off from a lot of Japanese stuff early on. If I was into rpgs and Pokémon my opinion would probably be different

Backwards compatibility is the reason hardware wise sx>> ps5 so far this gen for me. There are some games from that gen that are just to good to stay stuck on old hardware. Looking at portal 2 and fight night

We have to thank Ken Kutaragi for that one. PS3 architecture is the problem.
I'm not expert so don't take my word for it but unless a console has physical PS3 hardware in it, backwards compatibility won't work and having PS3 hardware on current or future consoles is a non starter.

Pray for a remaster or keep the console is the only solution IMO if you love those old games.

This is probably why I don’t see the big deal with it other than the portability aspect. I’m just not into Japanese culture. Every weirdo I know like DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican is into anime and turned me off from a lot of Japanese stuff early on. If I was into rpgs and Pokémon my opinion would probably be different

I'm into JRPG's and was into Pokemon. It's actually the lack of innovation with Pokemon that really turned me off :lol:
Like how does one of the biggest franchises on earth which sells millions of copies every release still look and run like trash.

Took 25 years to get an open world. It'll probably take another 25 years to get voice acting.

Back
Top Bottom