The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | Wukong is AVAILABLE NOW.

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

1661437777994.png

Lesson learnt. Always pre-order before launch.
I missed out on a lot of the nonesense by pre-ordering and not having to deal with shortages and now price hikes.

US will be fine though cuz the Pound Euro and Yen are getting brutalised compared to the Dollar.

1661437777994.png

Lesson learnt. Always pre-order before launch.
I missed out on a lot of the nonesense by pre-ordering and not having to deal with shortages and now price hikes.

US will be fine though cuz the Pound Euro and Yen are getting brutalised compared to the Dollar.

The US is fine because it’s way more competitive than any other region. They believe they can survive it in Europe but the switch and mainly series S sell too well in the US to try that. Series S gonna drop to $250 this holiday.

The US is fine because it’s way more competitive than any other region. They believe they can survive it in Europe but the switch and mainly series S sell too well in the US to try that. Series S gonna drop to $250 this holiday.

I don't think that's the issue. With component shortages, I don't think it will be a big deal in the US when there's going to be stock issues for a long time. I haven't checked in a while but I don't think Scalpers are selling at retail. UK is also a competitive country between Microsoft and Sony and they weren't spared either.

There's no need to do it in the US since the dollar is strong. It's the other currencies that are losing value relative to the dollar very fast.
Then there's VAT or tax which is included in the price at 20% in Europe. Without the tax this will be the costs in dollars after the price hike:

Europe: $459
Britain: $471
USA: $499
Canada: $503
Australia: $508
China: $627
Mexico: $754

1661445659719.png

1661445754748.png

Game is looking more polished.

Watching this put it back into the hype for it when it was first shown.
I'm very intrigued by the spells/skills too.
Traversal looks to be on par fun wise as SM.

Not of fan of the bracelet talking so far
but I understand she needs some sort of guide to navigate the realm as well as explain to us how to play the game.

I don't think that's the issue. With component shortages, I don't think it will be a big deal in the US when there's going to be stock issues for a long time. I haven't checked in a while but I don't think Scalpers are selling at retail. UK is also a competitive country between Microsoft and Sony and they weren't spared either.

There's no need to do it in the US since the dollar is strong. It's the other currencies that are losing value relative to the dollar very fast.
Then there's VAT or tax which is included in the price at 20% in Europe. Without the tax this will be the costs in dollars after the price hike:

Europe: $459
Britain: $471
USA: $499
Canada: $503
Australia: $508
China: $627
Mexico: $754

1661445659719.png

1661445754748.png
Considering the restrictions on goods have already been lifted, there is really no shortages anymore. Companies are using this narrative to maximize profit. They just don't want the prices to go back to that level of affordability.

Considering the restrictions on goods have already been lifted, there is really no shortages anymore. Companies are using this narrative to maximize profit. They just don't want the prices to go back to that level of affordability.

Pretty much every other product goes up in price when demand can't be met, but gamers have this mindset that video games are excluded from market realities

No shortages? Do you think the automobile industry is not experiencing shortages? They're fighting for components just like everyone else

Basically someone reasonable at Sony said - why should we eat these decreased margins when we can't even meet demand

The shortage definitely isn't over.

This might be the beginning of a golden age for games to tv/movie adaptations. TLOU, Uncharted, HZD. And on Microsoft’s end, Garfield has been a long running television series already.
Gonna milk it like comic books where every major release or blockbuster is based on it. I like it but it gets tiring quick for me especially when online and folks are arguing about it not following the comic/game storyline close enough

As long as they aren't tied together in a "cinematic universe" they have a shot at being good.

From the post I had with the charts I think it's pretty simple. Pound and Euro had devalued nearly twenty percent against the dollar and Sony don't want to eat the costs. With the price hikes it's still cheaper in Europe than the US once you remove taxes.

Sony did this with the PS4 in Canada in 2014 when the CAD was going down against the USD.

As for shortages , until you can walk in and out of a retailer anywhere in the world with a console like the good old days then there is a shortage. I don't think any of the big electronic companies are back at full capacity yet

Pretty much every other product goes up in price when demand can't be met, but gamers have this mindset that video games are excluded from market realities

No shortages? Do you think the automobile industry is not experiencing shortages? They're fighting for components just like everyone else

Basically someone reasonable at Sony said - why should we eat these decreased margins when we can't even meet demand
I would have believed the typical supply/demand chart on a typical economy if that was it's all about. one of the issues, for example is the reallocation of resources to certain market economies and not your typical retail consumers. when the bitmining market boom happened a few years ago, we were limited to supply and outrageous price hikes of the gpus. now that the value of cryptocurrency has crashed, we suddenly got a massive influx or oversupply of gpus. so is it a simple case of supply and demand or is it because the market that the companies are prioritizing on allocating their supply have suddenly become unprofitable? I doubt that all of a sudden that these companies boost production while coincidentally at the time when the cryptomining market has stalled or crashed. the truth is, the typical consumer is not these companies real customers but the bigtime cryptominers. the products are mostly reserved for corporations or companies with big or better profit margins. so in a way, it's practically hoarding. even with the abundance of gpu stocks right now, the price is still on the profitable msrp side of the spectrum inspite of the product is already a 2 year oldstock.

Back
Top Bottom