The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | Wukong is AVAILABLE NOW.

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That or sekiro 2.

Need splinter cell remake soon as well.

SC the only ubisoft title i like all their games boring to me never could get into none of the creed games

Just give me a chaos theory remake with spies vs mercs online

Shoot remake the whole damn series at this point

Absolute scenes.

Will wait for full confirmation but this is wild.

I and others have been theorising about the Gamepass model for years. Never thought it was sustainable but always heard otherwise but now we got our answer.
All the fighting for the acquisition of ABK only for this to happen so soon is surprising though but I guess the $69 Billion hole on the balance sheet made them act faster.

MS wants a ROI on that $69 Billion and they probably couldn't see a way forwards on the same trajectory.
What was looking like a an acquisition to get a bunch of exclusives to juice up the Xbox ecosystem could be the catalyst to going third party.

Starfield could have an exclusivitiy window shorter than FF7: Remake. Wild
Miight go back to the days of the only exclusives being Gears/Forza/Halo after all the promise from the acquisitions.

Their hardware has been struggling compared to previous gens and they are meant to be the trojan horse for GP.
Honestly, worst case I can see them ditching the hardware and going for the the Tencent model.

Really interested in seeing their strategy now. There's rumors about COD not coming day 1 to GP and also a tier with ads for GP.

gow.png

Source:

You would expect a head to roll here soon . MS would not invest that kind of money if they didn’t feel it would push them over the top as the competition killing subscription service. The GP money always seemed fishy. Every game can’t be profitable on there. If they credit Starfield for the month subscriptions then you can’t double dip and say other games were profitable. Meaning no other game was profitable during an AAA release month. Feels like someone has been misleading the executive team on what GP is financially capable of. Some kind of pyramid scheme. Who knows, these are supposed to be top corporate minds; but it doesn’t seem sustainable without jacking the price up.

Microsoft looking right now like what happened to SEGA after they exited the game console business after the Dreamcast.

I seems like MS is really trying to focus on getting game streaming down so they wont have to make consoles. Have a game thats exclusive to the "service" that can be played on any TV, PC or console.

You would expect a head to roll here soon . MS would not invest that kind of money if they didn’t feel it would push them over the top as the competition killing subscription service. The GP money always seemed fishy. Every game can’t be profitable on there. If they credit Starfield for the month subscriptions then you can’t double dip and say other games were profitable. Meaning no other game was profitable during an AAA release month. Feels like someone has been misleading the executive team on what GP is financially capable of. Some kind of pyramid scheme. Who knows, these are supposed to be top corporate minds; but it doesn’t seem sustainable without jacking the price up.
Dude they told investors GamePass was profitable

They told a federal judge it was profitable

It is probably profitable

MS cares about profit margins

It game development cost increasing, console sales slowing, and GamePass sub growth stagnating, that is enough for a company like Microsoft to want to change course. They even said as much during their FCC trial.

Even Sony with all their consoles they sell it came out in the leak how worried they all about margins. That is what motivated them greenlighting so many live service games and why they are gonna put more games on PC.

Dude they told investors GamePass was profitable

They told a federal judge it was profitable

It is probably profitable

MS cares about profit margins

It game development cost increasing, console sales slowing, and GamePass sub growth stagnating, that is enough for a company like Microsoft to want to change course. They even said as much during their FCC trial.

Even Sony with all their consoles they sell it came out in the leak how worried they all about margins. That is what motivated them greenlighting so many live service games and why they are gonna put more games on PC.

I agree. $70B ain’t chump change. You can prob count on one hand the number of companies that could flex like that. As far as profitability. We can only go off what they say. But it’s not like entities have ever not over valued themselves. At minimum it’s a bad look. If this is truly a $70B blunder, someone would usually be held accountable.

Or maybe it’s 4D chess to get GP on PS. Right now it’s all rumor though.

And I agree with the Sony decision too. I think they screwed up by trying to be something they aren’t. I personally think the GaaS is gonna hurt them in the long run.

I agree. $70B ain’t chump change. You can prob count on one hand the number of companies that could flex like that. As far as profitability. We can only go off what they say. But it’s not like entities have ever not over valued themselves. At minimum it’s a bad look. If this is truly a $70B blunder, someone would usually be held accountable.

Or maybe it’s 4D chess to get GP on PS. Right now it’s all rumor though.

And I agree with the Sony decision too. I think they screwed up by trying to be something they aren’t. I personally think the GaaS is gonna hurt them in the long run.
Dude Microsoft is a 3 trillion dollar company not because they say so, because the market does.

Same with the value of Activision

I think you are doing some unnecessary guesswork

And the current CEO and CFO approved the deal. Phil has to ask for permission to spend that sort of money. Nearly every big project Xbox does needs funding approval.

So it is probably them calling the shots on this.

All of a sudden every major IP from Xbox is reported to hit PS? I’m not buying it. It started with a few games like Hi-Fi Rush and SoT and now the entire catalog is supposedly coming? Somebody lying :lol:

All of a sudden every major IP from Xbox is reported to hit PS? I’m not buying it. It started with a few games like Hi-Fi Rush and SoT and now the entire catalog is supposedly coming? Somebody lying :lol:
The rumor is that MS execs are discussing the broader strategy, some many games are being considered, no firm decisions yet.

But gaming media gonna gaming media.

And Internet gonna Internet

So you got weirdos talking about console wars like they just came back from Nam.

Last edited:
Dude Microsoft is a 3 trillion dollar company not because they say so, because the market does.

Same with the value of Activision

I think you are doing some unnecessary guesswork

And the current CEO and CFO approved the deal. Phil has to ask for permission to spend that sort of money. Nearly every big project Xbox does needs funding approval.

So it is probably them calling the shots on this.

Billion and trillion dollar companies make mistakes. Publishers green light bad games. I’m not a CEO or CFO. Bad decisions get made. I’m an end user speculating on message boards like thousands of other posters.

Billion and trillion dollar companies make mistakes. Publishers green light bad games. I’m not a CEO or CFO. Bad decisions get made. I’m an end user speculating on message boards like thousands of other posters.
I don't have an issue with you guessing

I'm saying you don't have to ignore established things to make your guesses seem more viable

Last edited:
honestly crazy to see another sega go down like this

that said, MS would easily be the biggest third party company in the universe so I wonder how they pivot

I don't think its anything fishy

Something could've changed so that they're were not willing to eat the costs to see if the acquisitions would turn things around.
Probably Starfield performance + Holiday hardware sales.

No PS players. The Series console userbase is smaller than last gen and then a chunk of that userbase is able to get the game much cheaper due to GP.

Starfield probably made a lot less money than Fallout 4 whilst also not driving GP subs as much as they would've like.

I seems like MS is really trying to focus on getting game streaming down so they wont have to make consoles. Have a game thats exclusive to the "service" that can be played on any TV, PC or console.

The internal leaks showed that they actually scaled back on streaming. That's why Sony beat them to the punch with 4K streaming when in the past Xcloud was waay ahead of PS Now.

Sony bought studios for GaaS games. They didn't pivot their existing studios. Good thing they didn't too seeing how Naughty Dog saw the black hole it would take them into.
Sony was smart to keep their bread and butter whilst trying to get more profits from live studio games with mainly new studios.

Back
Top Bottom