**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

I got a crest custom Polo when they did the Holiday promotion @ Prince Street. They must have kept the design.

23DB4C30-695C-4170-8DA7-DC8FA656BB92.jpeg 062B826A-3014-4009-A4B5-97414595F11F.jpeg
Yeah I got a few of the bear customs during the holiday promotion. Was wondering if they kept the exact design or if they actually did extend the stripes like the stock image shows.... hard to tell. Would have to see a pic of someone’s custom that I know for sure was made within the past week. I’m curious if the one the guy posted was from the Christmas holidays or the SB release

Yeah I got a few of the bear customs during the holiday promotion. Was wondering if they kept the exact design or if they actually did extend the stripes like the stock image shows.... hard to tell. Would have to see a pic of someone’s custom that I know for sure was made within the past week. I’m curious if the one the guy posted was from the Christmas holidays or the SB release

tell you soon, ordered the crest on the white sweatshirt... They told me they still didn't have the sweatshirts in, but would shortly.

Pretty sure it is same as before, extends same distance... And maybe if you got a small it goes to the edge, but think the machine has a set limit on width of images it can do.

tell you soon, ordered the crest on the white sweatshirt... They told me they still didn't have the sweatshirts in, but would shortly.

Pretty sure it is same as before, extends same distance... And maybe if you got a small it goes to the edge, but think the machine has a set limit on width of images it can do.

Was that crest custom made after the launch of the SB customs or from the one a few months ago?

On the image on RL’s site, it looks like the crest stripes are suppose to extend to the end of the shirt now. Been wondering what’s the difference before I order one

* ok it’s not on the rl sight only Prince st has it and you have to go to the store or phone order. No difference its the same set design for all sizes (not seam to seam) They removed some designs and I was told that the crest was one of them that would be gone as it was for holiday 2017 and on the 25th of January was the last day and the new designs was sb and Olympics. Those images that everyone keep posting are not on the rl sight but the prince st store.might be the card like this one
286DF9C5-2CBA-4D04-9185-C7C3432A4335.jpeg
FCC11284-681D-4856-964B-C434CB392BC9.jpeg

As you can see I got mine on the 19th. I personally will be surprised if it hold up for a long period. It’s not the worse but for $100 it could have been a little more.Just my 2 cents having worn polo for over 30+ years.

Last edited:
It actually released at 9am EST..they changed the countdown while everyone slept..smh. Spoke to someone at Polo via chat and they told me as of yet there is not a specific time they are reading the collection.
Come on with the bull**** Ralph, going end up dropping the whole damn collection at 2:00 a.m. EST
Well Juelz Santana just gave the resellers hope.

Hope he got his teeth fixed first

* ok it’s not on the rl sight only Prince st has it and you have to go to the store or phone order. No difference its the same set design for all sizes (not seam to seam) They removed some designs and I was told that the crest was one of them that would be gone as it was for holiday 2017 and on the 25th of January was the last day and the new designs was sb and Olympics. Those images that everyone keep posting are not on the rl sight but the prince st store.might be the card like this one
286DF9C5-2CBA-4D04-9185-C7C3432A4335.jpeg
FCC11284-681D-4856-964B-C434CB392BC9.jpeg

As you can see I got mine on the 19th. I personally will be surprised if it hold up for a long period. It’s not the worse but for $100 it could have been a little more.Just my 2 cents having worn polo for over 30+ years.
Thanks that’s what I was wondering. So you got your crest shirt before the SB stuff started. The image I attached is what RL’s site said is now available at Prince St and the crest stripes appear wider. Just was curious if they actually come out that way now or if they come out like yours.

Me personally, I do like the quality. I bought 3 of the shirts (hockey bear, crest bear and martini bear). I just was confused on the crest option because that’s the only previous option that’s still there and it looks like it’s slightly updated to have wider stripes but maybe the image I have is wrong.

They have a Cold Wave shirt option that says 1992 on the image I have but I can confirm that it’s now been corrected to say 1993 on the actual prints. I guess the lo heads were complaining lol

Attachments

• 1D65121E-2DDF-4A94-BFF6-0F6F3C1D22D7.png
    1D65121E-2DDF-4A94-BFF6-0F6F3C1D22D7.png
    853.8 KB · Views: 12
Thanks that’s what I was wondering. So you got your crest shirt before the SB stuff started. The image I attached is what RL’s site said is now available at Prince St and the crest stripes appear wider. Just was curious if they actually come out that way now or if they come out like yours.

Me personally, I do like the quality. I bought 3 of the shirts (hockey bear, crest bear and martini bear). I just was confused on the crest option because that’s the only previous option that’s still there and it looks like it’s slightly updated to have wider stripes but maybe the image I have is wrong.

They have a Cold Wave shirt option that says 1992 on the image I have but I can confirm that it’s now been corrected to say 1993 on the actual prints. I guess the lo heads were complaining lol

Never seen them on the sight and still don’t the images are mok ups not actual garments same as flow charts they use in meetings for said garments. Most people did not know all that you can do to the designs I.e. the crest you can change the Roman numerals and polo to whatever you want. Same as the bears,sport jacket shirt pants shoes could be changed.the employees don’t know **** they are just ther. I have been doing this for a long time seen the best and worst that RL has to offer...these are ok but not what it could be especially coming from ralph.

Last edited:
Most people did not know all that you can do to the design I.e. the crest you can change the Roman numerals and polo to whatever you want. Same as the bears,sport jacket shirt pants shoes could be changed. I have been doing this for a long time seen the best and worst that RL has to offer...these are ok but not what it could be especially come from ralph.
I only knew because I went to the Prince St store when I flew to New York for Christmas. I see you got the red suit martini bear. I got the all black suit 1. That crest bear was popular. You could change the color of the sweater on the bear and everything

I think it’s a neat idea... I’m sure they could’ve been executed better but I still get more compliments on those custom pieces than I do on the stuff I got from the site, outlet or Macy’s lol

Gotta remember the average person isn’t a Lo head and they ain’t lookin at it the same way we are which is why I completely dismissed ppl’s disdain for the custom SB bear shirts.... I think that custom SNOW BEACH option by itself is wack though

Lol. I am not nor have I ever been a “lo head” I despise that tearm. I don’t collect i rock it’s a big difference.

I do the same... I guess that term is dependent upon who’s interpreting it. I was referring to the amount of ppl I saw that didn’t like the custom SB offerings especially after not being able to get 1 of the standard offerings for retail

Im not at all surprised about RL shutting down the Wave2 instore SnowBeach Release. Ralph already got the press that he wanted during last week's release. RL even gave us what we wanted: direct acknowledgement to hiphip and finally a photoshoot featuring the correct brand ambassadors.

Fast forward to this week and you have people outside of the store for 16 hours. It's all love, but this potentially hurts the brick and mortar sales for that location because regular customers may choose not to visit the store due to the crowds.
Shortly following, you have a little pushing and shoving. The last thing Ralph wants is lawsuits from a Brand Jordan-style riot and the long lasting stigma that comes from having those types of mistakes on release dates.

It's sad news for people that waited, but I understand why RL chose to maintain the positive momentum of the brand over satifying a few hundred customers.

Last edited:
Im not at all surprised about RL shutting down the Wave2 instore SnowBeach Release. Ralph already got the press that he wanted during last week's release. RL even gave us what we wanted: direct acknowledgement to hiphip and finally a photoshoot featuring the correct brand ambassadors.

Fast forward to this week and you have people outside of the store for 16 hours. It's all love, but this potentially hurts the brick and mortar sales for that location because regular customers may choose not to visit the store due to the crowds.
Shortly following, you have a little pushing and shoving. The last thing Ralph wants is lawsuits from a Brand Jordan-style riot and the long lasting stigma that comes from having those types of mistakes on release dates.

It's sad news for people that waited, but I understand why RL chose to maintain the positive momentum of the brand over satifying a few hundred customers.

So it’s shut down for good? Or will it be FCFS some other time. They gonna just put that in store inventory online? However I did see on their IG it only says “at ralphlauren.com” and doesn’t mention any brick and mortars

I do the same... I guess that term is dependent upon who’s interpreting it. I was referring to the amount of ppl I saw that didn’t like the custom SB offerings especially after not being able to get 1 of the standard offerings for retail
I hear you this is my thing,back in 04 when rl debut the big pony for the us open was ingenious marketing. Just not regular pieces (I also have a few) that should have been a event exclusive only.same way I feel about the customs now
It’s the options that’s corny to me to many bears and that horrible fat bear (I really hate that raccoon Olympic trash) the sport and sb are corny cause there are designs that could complement already pieces.i get strike while the iron is hot and no butts.....butt!!!! Lol I seen the new stuff and the only thing that interest me are the crest sweatshirt again there needs to be embroidery somewhere on these garments. This why I have always done my own thing (custom work)

Received the winning END raffle item. I was fortunate to get the pullover via the raffle. Got to say it’s very much an oversized fit (and yes I get it’s intended for snowboarding) so I sort of wish I’d had the opportunity to try this on before copping. No complaints tho, this purchase has been 25 years in the making.

Note: anyone want to swap a NWT Pullover in a XS let me know.
CEF5C7FA-2F3B-4C98-92B1-35A0B96C2483.jpeg

Also got a few items I had ordered from Lo site, loving the RRL fatigues (note these are also oversized so order smallest waist size possible. I usually wear a 31 and 30 fits perfect - not tight at all).

EBC5A722-5EA4-4111-87DF-16E4DCC13478.jpeg

Also got a few items I had ordered from Lo site, loving the RRL fatigues (note these are also oversized so order smallest waist size possible. I usually wear a 31 and 30 fits perfect - not tight at all).

EBC5A722-5EA4-4111-87DF-16E4DCC13478.jpeg

:pimp: :pimp: still after that patchwork. Wasnt big on it at first but it's grown on me

So the snow beach pullover runs very big?
I was thinking I’d need an XXL (I’m 6’6 with broad shoulders and long arms)

Rugby I’m assuming XL will do my fine

So the snow beach pullover runs very big?
I was thinking I’d need an XXL (I’m 6’6 with broad shoulders and long arms)

Rugby I’m assuming XL will do my fine

Depends on how you want to rock. I’m 5’10 and usually rock a medium in custom slim and a medium in outerwear. But for me it’s a bit too big. I’ll keep it unless I can swap for an XS. Arm length is prob the biggest issue with those in between sizes.

I got a hooded rugby in a small and it fit fine which was true to size since it’s a classic fit.

I hear you this is my thing,back in 04 when rl debut the big pony for the us open was ingenious marketing. Just not regular pieces (I also have a few) that should have been a event exclusive only.same way I feel about the customs now
It’s the options that’s corny to me to many bears and that horrible fat bear (I really hate that raccoon Olympic trash) the sport and sb are corny cause there are designs that could complement already pieces.i get strike while the iron is hot and no butts.....butt!!!! Lol I seen the new stuff and the only thing that interest me are the crest sweatshirt again there needs to be embroidery somewhere on these garments. This why I have always done my own thing (custom work)
You got some pics of your custom stuff?

Depends on how you want to rock. I’m 5’10 and usually rock a medium in custom slim and a medium in outerwear. But for me it’s a bit too big. I’ll keep it unless I can swap for an XS. Arm length is prob the biggest issue with those in between sizes.

I got a hooded rugby in a small and it fit fine which was true to size since it’s a classic fit.
I have the fleece rugby in M. I wear a M in custom slim fit. It’s like it fits fine but at the same time it’s a tad roomy and maybe an inch longer than the stuff I normally wear. I can’t tell if I should’ve gotten a S or stuck with the M. This type of release is crazy cuz you can’t try it on and it’s risky to attempt a size swap. I had polostore’s IG repost my pic asking for a size swap and I have all dudes in my DM attempting to size swap that can’t produce a pic or answer questions about their S.... I ain’t bout to get finessed

Back
Top Bottom