**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Yeah I heard of them they just like any skate shop (more on the posers side of things) that’s been around,I’m pass on this. Imo it cheapens the legacy of RL.I read a GQ article that even solidified my opinion on this
Even more.
It's the two headed monster; On the surface it's a strategic brand expansion, while the end result is a mass white-washing of the group of individuals that made the Polo brand desirable then, and still make the Polo brand desirable today.

Nov 9th

3D53D940-E6F0-421C-B1FB-A9AF04A67364.jpeg
4AAAD2D3-726A-4068-97A9-B1E734327AD0.jpeg

So much hate for this new younger brand. I get it tho, felt the same way when tweenies started rocking supreme beanies with their bangs hanging out.

To try to label them as a poser, blades, or Florida type shop is a lil of a stretch tho. They're not considered as a dept store bargain brand anywhere in the world.

It's the two headed monster; On the surface it's a strategic brand expansion, while the end result is a mass white-washing of the group of individuals that made the Polo brand desirable then, and still make the Polo brand desirable today.

But we are old,stupid and on high horses & don’t see what it is.It’s not a new tactic supermanblue79 supermanblue79 but as you know you can’t give game to everyone.

No GQ had some dumb *** writer state things like how place is as influential when it come to lo/polo culture or whatever same as lolifes or those that really put rl up on a next level to the world.the Hamptons and “upper crust” did not and could not do what billions of dollars of free advertisements do what the nyc streets did.
https://www.gq.com.au/style/news/wh...e/news-story/b3d32c81ac2e397152bdd8e02c5467c3

The way it’s worded just annoyed the **** outta me.And it also states that Tom Gould (who is a good friend and fantastic photographer he did pretty much all the retro ads that you see or will see coming) that the collaboration that thirsting howl the third aka vic -lo (the Brain child) and Tom (the lo loving photographer) made the book “bury me w/ the lo on” (great addition to any coffee table book addition I may add) takin from the title of one thirst many songs. All the footage that you see is from the library of one of the original double L’s HAZE LO. It deeper than lo,These thing don’t mean jack to most of the new generation that don’t mind the vultures that like to rewrite there history (insert this into any faction of life) hell they like to party and do drugs w/ the same ones that’s erasing your invention or contribution to society big or small.
http://burymewiththeloon.com/
Watch the min movie(footage from HAZE’s archives) that was shown throughout the book launch and signing a few years ago.
Okay I got you now, I thought the writer was pointing out how little sense they felt this made (excluding the business aspect) but shorty who wrote it was trying to justify it. 2 of her 3 main points fell apart when she was trying to explain them ( the logo similarities and the nostalgia angle), appreciate you for sharing the link. Glad it was a quick read

The palace polo stuff actually looks good. Thats one of the few good looking recent bear sweaters. I just hope thats not a yellow skate board under the bear. Cant tell too good by the pic

Everything you wrote let’s me know and prove you don’t have a clue what your taking about your going off what you think you know and half truths. It’s deeper than just polo clothes.
Thats exactly my point. Im talking just clothes. Im not talking about the “religion” the lo lifes lived by. If you want to share anything i would appreciate it..if polo ended up urban like tommy hilfiger in the late 90s..then i would say lo lifes influenced a brand.

The palace polo stuff actually looks good. Thats one of the few good looking recent bear sweaters. I just hope thats not a yellow skate board under the bear. Cant tell too good by the pic
It's not my lane, but the collab is certified fire. I just hate that RL keeps extending the olive branch to other demographics instead of extending it to those (LLs) who jumped on the back of the Horse without permission and rode him into the inner cities of NY.

It's not my lane, but the collab is certified fire. I just hate that RL keeps extending the olive branch to other demographics instead of extending it to those (LLs) who jumped on the back of the Horse without permission and rode him into the inner cities of NY.
Because loheads didnt make polo popular...plus those dudes stole from ralph. Hes not going to collab with them? Even if he would..how would lo lifes collab with ralph? They make pins and necklaces...-_-

I was being sarcastic, but damn lol.

Yea why would Palace or any street brand be mad at a collab with a well respected & established clothing line? Most of the backlash stems from RL OG's & purists, which I understand.

RL stated at their investors conference that a priority for the company is to attract a new generation of customers. When RL made a list of the hottest brands and researched the data, I would say this collab with Palace is intentional. Clearly, they watched closely the LV x Supreme collab. Although I am an "old head" ( I was a college student in the 90s when I began wearing Polo), I am by no means a snob: I dig those shoes! :D

Back
Top Bottom