**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

C5789695-8B76-4780-A432-778966876511.jpeg
B1F1DF4B-8DD8-400D-9E0F-173D66115440.jpeg

My favorite RLX sweats (no branding except the aglets on the drawstrings) + Nike id’s !!!

Last edited:
Ads for the Palace polo stuff I think?
1E27CE61-DEBF-4BFF-B269-FF2184733A65.png
74C0E9B8-46DA-43A7-B93E-4427E4014F09.png

This a polo factory item? The tux with jeans seems to be their main holiday bear at the outlets right now..

F69E7EFB-1F3B-42AC-9E83-1BA6051D8FB5.jpeg

Just left the outlet here in L.A.:
50th anniversary bear tee sold out (the rugby bear)
Tuxedo bear tee nearly sold out
Burgundy ski bear tee: plenty left
Green bear hoodie selling fast
There is a new bear Christmas tree ornament this year
New bear Christmas stocking
The black long sleeve tuxedo bear button down shirt feels like pajamas
A dope beacon/Native American print shirt jacket
I will post pics later.

I think the lolife/lohead debate is impossible because for some it's a big story of their polo love and how they found it... And for others, it had no impact. (vast majority of polo fans from 80s, 90s would have no clue what lo-life's were.)

Did they have an impact on new york Area? Maybe, I dunno. I'm not from there... But seems like it did. Did ralph pay attention? Yes - they are a group of vocal superfans, any company would pay attention to superfans... Especially in their own backyard of new york.

If there is any quantifiable impact of lo-life's, it would be on what ralph chose to retro... But the idea to retro, that would happen regardless.. As the trend is Widespread for 80s/90s, and polo has no choice but to chase new markets where alot of money is spent... Streetwear is one of those.

The most universal aspect of polo is that folks see it as aspirational. I was buying it because it seemed like "the good life" or American dream, when I was in a lower middle class family... And I'm sure tons of other folks of all different backgrounds were/are doing the same thing.
well I also don't like how the lo lifes are salty about the palace write up...like they cant possibly entertain the idea that kids across the Atlantic were doing the same thing as them at the same time??? everyone stole clothes..people still do

Lolifes and hiphop definately influenced these retros. vintage polo was kept alive by that subculture. Niketock88 were you on vga. That was one of the only vintage polo forums out and was mainly lofifes and associates. Show me a vintage polo forum full of old white men. There is none.

Just left the outlet here in L.A.:
50th anniversary bear tee sold out (the rugby bear)
Tuxedo bear tee nearly sold out
Burgundy ski bear tee: plenty left
Green bear hoodie selling fast
There is a new bear Christmas tree ornament this year
New bear Christmas stocking
The black long sleeve tuxedo bear button down shirt feels like pajamas
A dope beacon/Native American print shirt jacket
I will post pics later.

A dope beacon/Native American print shirt jacket.......? pics?

It's unreal that this is one of the most active RL communities, and it's still full of so many individuals that are
PRL 50 Anni Cologne.
Reads to be "lighter/floral" compared to OG Green.

https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/ralph-lauren-50th-anniversary-fragrance/

tenor.gif

Nice. Going to have to grab this... Hopefully won't be too hard to get.

They still haven't released that Supreme Cashmere in the USA yet have they? That's a fantastic fall/winter scent, really don't get why it hasn't gone into wide release.

Lolifes and hiphop definately influenced these retros. vintage polo was kept alive by that subculture. Niketock88 were you on vga. That was one of the only vintage polo forums out and was mainly lofifes and associates. Show me a vintage polo forum full of old white men. There is none.
dang that was a pretty crazy thing to say..I mean after all isn't that who the brand was catered to? mostly white guys ? and what kind of forum is that? you used to ask each other what race you were in the forum? like how could you even tell?lol anyways..lo life stole clothes and wore them...COOL....I can see if they stole clothes from unpopular brands and in turn made those brands popular...more power to them...but its polo...brand was already successful..EVERyonE was wearing that 1992 gear white, black....these old dudes never did anything with they life and still living off old legends....burnt out wanna be rappers....now they selling pins and "polo inspired" necklaces on instagram..nice..along with polo that they mark up on resell..cool..then they get together once a year in the freezing cold to show off their jerk chicken and cum stained polo from 1980's

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom