**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Collection doesnt seem bad so far. Yeah kickflip bear might be a cop if i get the chance.

Screenshot_20181029-123020.png
Def not my lane..

in a year we've had stadium 92, snow beach, cp93, hi tech, ski 92, and respect wildlife. if you think that has nothing to do with lo heads you're wrong
I think its basically a bunch of anniversary capsules that were bound to rerelease..These were regular clothes to some back then....loheads just couldnt afford them so they put the clothes on a pedastal..and braggin about it..there were alot of people actually buying the clothes back in 92/93 and not stealing lol.

I think its basically a bunch of anniversary capsules that were bound to rerelease..These were regular clothes to some back then....loheads just couldnt afford them so they put the clothes on a pedastal..and braggin about it..there were alot of people actually buying the clothes back in 92/93 and not stealing lol.

ya but without hip hop and lo heads, these capsules would've been forgotten about years and years ago. like you said, they were regular clothes to some people, but to lo heads and hip hoppers it was more than that. you think the reason why we are still talking about snow beach in 2018 is because of old rich white dudes?

ya but without hip hop and lo heads, these capsules would've been forgotten about years and years ago. like you said, they were regular clothes to some people, but to lo heads and hip hoppers it was more than that. you think the reason why we are still talking about snow beach in 2018 is because of old rich white dudes?
The capsules would have re-released regardless because it was a special edition back then..they would have released again just like every other company does. Polo wasnt a “hip hop” brand. There were tons of dofferent people wearing this stuff back which is why poor kids wanted it so badly. Like loheads are a small percentage of people who were wearig this stuff yet they want credit for it. Its rediculous. Even ralph barely acknowledges them.

I would ddef give credit to lolifes if they totally influenced a brand like tommy hilfiger..urban kids started wearing tommy hilfiger their own way and then tommy hilfiger totally changed everything about the brand..that never happened to ralph..they mantained their same theme..lolifes just took the cloths and put their own spin on it ...just like how kids do today with gucci and lv and even those brands have dipped their feet in the street wear aspect where ralph had never been influenced by what others are doing

Attachments

• 3C8C3D56-3429-4EB6-87BA-2C814DB9D123.jpeg
    3C8C3D56-3429-4EB6-87BA-2C814DB9D123.jpeg
    268.9 KB · Views: 34
Thats exactly my point. Im talking just clothes. Im not talking about the “religion” the lo lifes lived by. If you want to share anything i would appreciate it..if polo ended up urban like tommy hilfiger in the late 90s..then i would say lo lifes influenced a brand.

Because loheads didnt make polo popular...plus those dudes stole from ralph. Hes not going to collab with them? Even if he would..how would lo lifes collab with ralph? They make pins and necklaces...-_-

There is a need tho..if you feel different, school me

The capsules would have re-released regardless because it was a special edition back then..they would have released again just like every other company does. Polo wasnt a “hip hop” brand. There were tons of dofferent people wearing this stuff back which is why poor kids wanted it so badly. Like loheads are a small percentage of people who were wearig this stuff yet they want credit for it. Its rediculous. Even ralph barely acknowledges them.

I would ddef give credit to lolifes if they totally influenced a brand like tommy hilfiger..urban kids started wearing tommy hilfiger their own way and then tommy hilfiger totally changed everything about the brand..that never happened to ralph..they mantained their same theme..lolifes just took the cloths and put their own spin on it ...just like how kids do today with gucci and lv and even those brands have dipped their feet in the street wear aspect where ralph had never been influenced by what others are doing
........I’m keep it moving. Again you proved that you don’t know what you are talking about.

I think the lolife/lohead debate is impossible because for some it's a big story of their polo love and how they found it... And for others, it had no impact. (vast majority of polo fans from 80s, 90s would have no clue what lo-life's were.)

Did they have an impact on new york Area? Maybe, I dunno. I'm not from there... But seems like it did. Did ralph pay attention? Yes - they are a group of vocal superfans, any company would pay attention to superfans... Especially in their own backyard of new york.

If there is any quantifiable impact of lo-life's, it would be on what ralph chose to retro... But the idea to retro, that would happen regardless.. As the trend is Widespread for 80s/90s, and polo has no choice but to chase new markets where alot of money is spent... Streetwear is one of those.

The most universal aspect of polo is that folks see it as aspirational. I was buying it because it seemed like "the good life" or American dream, when I was in a lower middle class family... And I'm sure tons of other folks of all different backgrounds were/are doing the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom