**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

After finally getting both USA fleeces I've never noticed that each used different materials such as the navy 92 fleece being of sweatshirt material and the other being of a carpet like material. I like the details to the red one better being that logos and patches are stitched rather than laminated. Fun fact enjoy

What's up with that 1988 hat? Did that come out in '88? Don't think I've ever seen that before...

Polo Sport- No padding at all, and I agree with what you said about the straps digging into your shoulder so I try not to overpack it, its really big and spacious though, good quality.

After finally getting both USA fleeces I've never noticed that each used different materials such as the navy 92 fleece being of sweatshirt material and the other being of a carpet like material. I like the details to the red one better being that logos and patches are stitched rather than laminated. Fun fact enjoy

you didn't finally get "both" USA fleeces.

you didn't finally get "both" USA fleeces.
Yeah, jay got to it first. Cldriver, there is a fleece version to the blue one just like the red one. But there is no sweatshirt version of the red one (well hooded at least, they did make a half zip sweatshirt version).

I personally like the blue "superman" sweatshirt version better. Bout to move couple fleeces as we speak 

Yeah, jay got to it first. Cldriver, there is a fleece version to the blue one just like the red one. But there is no sweatshirt version of the red one (well hooded at least, they did make a half zip sweatshirt version).

I personally like the blue "superman" sweatshirt version better. Bout to move couple fleeces as we speak 

Agreed. There are like 400 variations of the USA sweatshirts. The sweatshirt material one, I wouldn't even call a fleece. That's not to take anything away from it - it's nice, just not a fleece. .

..Oh, and let's not forget the Snow Beach version of the red joint.

Sin - hit me up if you have an official blue fleece joint in bigger sizes that you want to move. I'm looking for one. Might even be able to pull an L in those; they run nice and big.

no, it's not polo ralph lauren. just a hat company that has been making "tribute polo" themed 5-panel hats.

These places need to stop with that mess, IMO.

If you want to five-panels, that's fine. Even if you want to borrow from the sort of colors and general aesthetics - I can let that go. But, when you are essentially going back and jacking to the point that you trying to make hats that are basically just an attempt to fool people into thinking they are vintage Lo hats - like RL could have/would have rocked this design back then - you are essentially bootlegging, IMO.

There are few exceptions here. Obviously, Brooklyn Basements is exempt from this criticism. Even Supreme is exempt because their brand was so well established, that they were doing homage and not actually trying to fool people. ...And, trust me, I'm not in habit of defending Supreme.

Thanks fellas, it was in the RRL section during the recent sale, I never saw it in store, I googled and a few pics came up, and then finally checked eBay which is ridiculous reseller prices.

Other recent pickups, denim and accessories

yep i can dig it and ebay prices for rrl are 10%cheaper than retail dudes know the supply and demand for the brand and now people will buy once they miss out on the sale price , but nice denim and belt 
i have this belt, love the camo and the construction of it.

i am diggin that camo backpack as well, but from the looks of it there isnt any padding on the shoulder straps. makes sense since padding would ruin the aesthetic, but i also dont like it when straps like that dig into your shoulder when you have a ton of stuff in the bag.

does this look familiar to anyone lol
that book bag  suck i bout that and the canvas rucksack and when they came in the mail i gave them away because of the shoddy quality im going to be real selective in my next couple of rrl purchases . i may have the jacket looked up in the bowels of my storage 

it's a kid's jacket currently on sale at RL.com, reminiscent of that Rugby varsity. here's a pic of everyone's favorite Rugby ambassador wearing it.

it's a kid's jacket currently on sale at RL.com, reminiscent of that Rugby varsity. here's a pic of everyone's favorite Rugby ambassador wearing it.
so i have the rugby joint,  
mean.gif
  ralph the king of recycling . i knew i had that or something similar love varsity jackets and letterman's 

What's up with that 1988 hat? Did that come out in '88? Don't think I've ever seen that before...
http://suncyclenyc.com/

i like some of their caps. the RL purists think its a straight Polo jack, but then again Ralphy was the king of jacks. there are designs that he straight up copied with no revisions whatsoever, and caked off them. so i can see both sides of the argument. 

the kid's section also has a bulldog sweater, might have to cop that and throw it in the vault.

nah lol, i meant to save it for my kids.

Ha. No lie. I emailed my wife that link today and was like, I need to buy this for somebody. If not, then I'm going to have to buy it and wait until we have kids.

i like some of their caps. the RL purists think its a straight Polo jack, but then again Ralphy was the king of jacks. there are designs that he straight up copied with no revisions whatsoever, and caked off them. so i can see both sides of the argument. 

I feel what you're saying. The way I see it though is that these original pieces have spawned such a subculture of their own and are so significant in that way that you should just let it go. Even if your attempt is just to pay homage - I think that ship already sailed as well, with Bklyn Basements.

I also think rocking them with a vintage piece kind of cheapens the OG piece in an ensemble.

If somebody wants to support their brand, that's cool, I guess. My main point is that these should not be approached as if they are substitutes for Lo joints one can't find or afford. Support the brand on its own merits.

Again, this is all just my personal opinion.

Ha. No lie. I emailed my wife that link today and was like, I need to buy this for somebody. If not, then I'm going to have to buy it and wait until we have kids.
I feel what you're saying. The way I see it though is that these original pieces have spawned such a subculture of their own and are so significant in that way that you should just let it go. Even if your attempt is just to pay homage - I think that ship already sailed as well, with Bklyn Basements.

I also think rocking them with a vintage piece kind of cheapens the OG piece in an ensemble.

If somebody wants to support their brand, that's cool, I guess. My main point is that these should not be approached as if they are substitutes for Lo joints one can't find or afford. Support the brand on its own merits.

Again, this is all just my personal opinion.

I'm with you on that. Some of those hats are cool and a couple of them are straight biting off Polo but I couldn't mess with any of them anyway. I'm too brand loyal.

Yea the navy usa hooded sweater is just pretty much A Sweater lol. No worries I still like it just like the red fleece better. I was offered the navy fleece polo sport version with no hood for even cheaper than what I paid for my other two, but not really feeling it. This winter is about to heat up

no idea is original, nothing new under the sun.

suncycle is ok to me, but the hats don't move me enough to say to myself, "i can buy that and match it with this" knowing that i have the pieces that they are in "tribute" to. i'd rather have the original RL designed hat anyway.

just curious but which designs that RL jacked and straight up copied are you talking about? offhand, i already know a few but i'm curious to see if we come up with the same ones.

Back
Top Bottom