**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Best news from this is the bear should pop up more since they see its in such high demand........right? Right?! :-(

Anyone have any type of clue how the Bear sweater runs? I'm torn between a Medium or Large. I'm 5'8'' 170 and built/top heavy.

Dillard's went even lower this weekend. 65% off original additional 50% off lowest ticketed price for casual shirts to wear around. Striped logo tees were ten, cargos pants somewhere around twenty, and the conoe/kayak/coastal patrol polos around 20-25 for anyone interested

No new friends :frown:

Brand new? Cause I been striking out on Mediums for the longest.

W
where are you finding these sweaters then? I as well can't find any mediums out there.

You can certainly get any of the knits CL posted for less than 300. You just have to be patient and wait for the right size and price. If the new bear is going to be 295 plus tax, so like 325 or whatever, that can get you most of the late 90s and on Bears. I've gotten #2 bears for less than that recently, but not really on ebay and stuff - more peer to peer type stuff. I'm not trying to sound uppity or anything, but the truth is that if you're only relying on ebay and polostore on IG, your options are limited and you're a bit detached to get all the deals that can be had. ...You can still find good stuff, but if you are shaking hands and kissing the babies, things open up even further.

You can certainly get any of the knits CL posted for less than 300. You just have to be patient and wait for the right size and price. If the new bear is going to be 295 plus tax, so like 325 or whatever, that can get you most of the late 90s and on Bears. I've gotten #2 bears for less than that recently, but not really on ebay and stuff - more peer to peer type stuff. I'm not trying to sound uppity or anything, but the truth is that if you're only relying on ebay and polostore on IG, your options are limited and you're a bit detached to get all the deals that can be had. ...You can still find good stuff, but if you are shaking hands and kissing the babies, things open up even further.

Don't get it twisted BIP Rob, some sellers try to rob you blind for a knit. I've just gotten lucky on my purchases. Highest I have paid was 325 and that was for the 911 sweater which never goes down in price at all. One of my connects wants 350 for her preppy bear shirt OG in green. Bear sweaters aren't everything tho I'm good with what I got and can move on to be honest.

Last edited:
Don't get it twisted BIP Rob, some sellers try to rob you blind for a knit. I've just gotten lucky on my purchases. Highest I have paid was 325 and that was for the 911 sweater which never goes down in price at all. One of my connects wants 350 for her preppy bear shirt OG in green. Bear sweaters aren't everything tho I'm good with what I got and can move on to be honest.

I'm not implying anything about you, but a lot of people don't want to do anything for you if they don't think/know you can do anything for them. You're right though, some collectors will try to hit you in the head more than anybody, but they know what the real market is so its on you to either eat it, walk away, or prove that you know your stuff and recalibrate the discussion. Also, some collectors basically only want to sell to squares because at the real market value they would rather just keep their pieces. I understand that.

Btw polo store just put up grandpa bears in a large for 450. That's not the greatest deal necessarily but it's a better buy than the new joint for 325 IMO.

Last edited:
Brand new? Cause I been striking out on Mediums for the longest.

W
where are you finding these sweaters then? I as well can't find any mediums out there.

Preciate that

This piece totally was under the radar for me. Anyone that can help me locate it? The help would be be appreciated.

^^^that hoody wasn't cheap, $600 if i remember correctly. I think it was last fall season so it shouldn't be too hard to find. Good luck!

^^^that hoody wasn't cheap, $600 if i remember correctly. I think it was last fall season so it shouldn't be too hard to find. Good luck!
$795 actually, but during sales some people got it for as low as $300 something. They also brought back that sweater in women's this fall.

I'm not implying anything about you, but a lot of people don't want to do anything for you if they don't think/know you can do anything for them. You're right though, some collectors will try to hit you in the head more than anybody, but they know what the real market is so its on you to either eat it, walk away, or prove that you know your stuff and recalibrate the discussion. Also, some collectors basically only want to sell to squares because at the real market value they would rather just keep their pieces. I understand that.

Btw polo store just put up grandpa bears in a large for 450. That's not the greatest deal necessarily but it's a better buy than the new joint for 325 IMO.
It's weird because this week on the bay I've seen super steals with bear sweaters. I agree with you on opting for Og knits and just paying a lil more cash or breaking even. I'm soo glad that the sit down bear was not voted back ,so that peeps that got them ,can live lol

Last edited:
There are so many sweaters that pop up on the bay and at decent prices, communication and haggling is key, settling at the price listed just isn't good enough. The majority of the time if you send a message offering a lesser price through Paypal only and avoiding eBay fees, they will work with you. eBay fees are at 10%, worth avoiding for every seller. This method never fails me on any item on the bay period. I love the executive bear but not at that price, there are too many other knits I would rather have, just grabbed a aztec american flag for $200, and a green american flag for $100, can't wait until it arrives

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom