**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

there are bear caps, hoodies, polos, and button ups coming soon. they already hit NJ.

Macy's online and my local Macy's got the bear caps. Gotta get the ski bear to match my ski bear crew.

Last edited:
Glad to see the bear outside of outlet tees. If some higher quality items made of wool release, I may jump on the bandwagon.

LMAO, i had those polo shirts with those exact same polo bears and nobody wanted to buy them from me in like 2007 for $30 each, and now everyone going to beast for them and pay $100-$125 for them now.

Macy's online and my local Macy's got the bear caps. Gotta get the ski bear to match my ski bear crew.
hows the quality on them?
LMAO, i had those polo shirts with those exact same polo bears and nobody wanted to buy them from me in like 2007 for $30 each, and now everyone going to beast for them and pay $100-$125 for them now.
throw em on the bay and catch the beasts!

hows the quality on them?

throw em on the bay and catch the beasts!

those crowns look weird on the hats and i can't even wear those type of bills anymore.

i ended up selling those polo shirts like a year later for about $30-$35, but i never thought it would've taken me so long to sell them. besides, i felt childish wearing a polo with a polo bear on it, in the office at work when i had them, and they basically just took up space in my closet.

honestly, i think the bear sweaters are almost borderline tacky to wear. i mean, it's a damn bear dressed up on your chest. don't get me wrong, because i have nearly all the bear sweaters in my collection, and i feel i will eventually get the new men's but it's not a priority especially at that price. i'll just wait for they hypebeasts to sell one when they realized they spent $300 and need money to buy the next hype thing.

I dont like the low unstructured profile and the curved brims of those style of caps.

This is my current collection of RL caps so far. Pretty humble but yeah (sorry for the crappy photo). The 93 sit down bear hat, the Polo Sportsman deer hat and the Polo Sport hat have the type of structure I like. They have a nice depth in the front and profile to them from the side. The brims are pretty flat like a New Era cap and the crowns are structured very well despite not having any of that backing material behind them. I suspect these new hats will be of similar shape to the green Ski Bear cap in my photo.

Last edited:
those crowns look weird on the hats and i can't even wear those type of bills anymore.

i ended up selling those polo shirts like a year later for about $30-$35, but i never thought it would've taken me so long to sell them. besides, i felt childish wearing a polo with a polo bear on it, in the office at work when i had them, and they basically just took up space in my closet.

honestly, i think the bear sweaters are almost borderline tacky to wear. i mean, it's a damn bear dressed up on your chest. don't get me wrong, because i have nearly all the bear sweaters in my collection, and i feel i will eventually get the new men's but it's not a priority especially at that price. i'll just wait for they hypebeasts to sell one when they realized they spent $300 and need money to buy the next hype thing.

The Bears are actually one of my favorite lines.

I mean, it;s all kind of tacky one way or another - what makes a sweater with bear on skis any more or less tacky than a 30" graphic of an Olympic hurdler, or a dude playing tennis or throwing a javelin, or collar to waistband eagle? ...Honestly, sometimes I even question whether the Indian head pieces are culturally insensitive.

It's all subjective, I guess.

You know as well as I do that, unlike most modern streetwear or most other designer brands, a lot of us who love the vintage Lo love it not just for its aethetics, but also what it represents. Hell, I have a lot of fond memories of loose high school girls responding quite well to Bear knits :tongue:. I don't consider most of the Bear line to be "hard" pieces, but I definitely love the line.

And, you talk about the little bear polos (and rugbys too, for that matter) - what about the hats? I see Bear hats tipping around $100 on the bay. I remember being able to get them for about original retail, give or take 5 or 10 bucks, for years. I'll have to see these new hats in person. The look kinda cheesy to me from the pics.

So apparently there are Hooded sweatshirts being thrown into the mix now. Also Martini bears (pic is off instagram).

Last edited:
I've always had a thing for the bears and am glad they brought them back out again. I would like to see a cap in wool or a long bill... That would be nice.

Ok , I kinda like the bear hoodie with the ski, what the retail???....I actually have the gray polo with ski bear from years ago..but all together I have the ski bear knit sweater, 3 t- shirts one gray two red, a white ski bear tee and long sleeve ski bear , but I gave to my brother...if they made a fleece five panel in red ski bear....then I'd go bonkers

Thoughts on this piece. I actually like it, does it come off as a sweater your grandparents would wear ?

i like this a lot but they sold out of XL pretty fast

side note: when buying one of those bear hats make sure that the bill is sown on straight. i noticed i had to go through alot of them at the store before i found ones that looked good to me. i found this to be a problem on a lot of RL hats

Last edited:
That sweater is player. I'm hoping to see if I can catch it on sale later. Or maybe it will come out again later as a crew in a different color of something...

That's the beauty of Polo - it can be something "your grandfather would wear" and be dope at the same time - pretty much all the fly stuff from the Sportsman line is like that. But, like everything, it's how you rock it. The first sign that you won't be able to pull something off is not being confident that you can pull it off. If I have reservations about rocking something, I just pass. If you feel uncomfortable, you are going to look uncomfortable. That's not to say people shouldn't try new things, but they should approach it in the right mindset.

Back
Top Bottom