**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Budget Eye-talian wear. 26% discount. About $86.42 USD sales price, $117.69 USD full retail.

tumblr_nok0wuELr31rvzbdgo1_400.gif

Budget Eye-talian wear. 26% discount. About $86.42 USD sales price, $117.69 USD full retail.

tumblr_nok0wuELr31rvzbdgo1_400.gif
Not even from the men's section...

Not even from the men's section...

Yall laughing but its sold out. Meanwhile the real crest is on ebay for 250 and sitting.
I got dudes in their feelings over a custom made in Italy. But dudes is on polo IG wearing ski 92 hat and tees thats says POLO and not made by Ralph and yall like that ****. lmao

The sweater I showed aint trying to be counterfeit, It aint have Polo or Ralph name anywhere on it.

See the jedi mind trick. Its ok if ya mans make it on his dresser who you met on IG, but a real professional custom made in Italy, is a problem. I think dudes kind of salty I found it. lol

I love that sweater now. The only hand knit crewneck crest made in Italy.
Oooooh weeeee. The first custom GRAIL , worth a few stacks in a few years.

crest_beck-removebg-preview.png

IMG_20201203_150220777_HDR-removebg-preview.png

Look how the Italy version has saturated color. They guidos are heavy on the colors.
Deep black and saturated bold crest. The original looks faded and its new.
Sorry this one will be worth more than the original. I have both.

Original crest looks 1080
Custom Italy crest looks 4k

Last edited:
Not a fan of items made specifically for sale at Polo Factory Stores. Only exception past few years is the City Series polos cause live in one of them. That patch style with the added text “Polo-RL” has shown up on large text logo spellouts for shirt sleeve and rugby too. Looks interesting with the design scheme at first but then you realize something a bit off.

giphy.gif
Agreed, but I'm such a fan of that patch, plus it's a kind of rare variation, I must hunt it. It needs to be in the collect.

I've seen one or two OG items with the patch that just said "POLO", and then a large blank space below it with nothing there.

Agreed, but I'm such a fan of that patch, plus it's a kind of rare variation, I must hunt it. It needs to be in the collect.

I've seen one or two OG items with the patch that just said "POLO", and then a large blank space below it with nothing there.
There seems to be a few versions of that fleece snap up hitting outlets. The one in the catalog doesn't even show a patch on the chest. I've seen ones with yellow nylon trim around the collar that have the regular 'POLO SPORT' patch & now there's that one with camo nylon trim at the collar & a 'POLO RL-67' patch. Such a crap shoot I wouldn't be surprised if there was even some blue label/printed label variance as well. I was in the outlet up here this weekend and only saw the spellout fleeces in the camo, black, grey & navy variations; resellers scooping those up quickly.

That RL-67 patch definitely piques my interest though:
1607367448915.png

Double knit rugby like this with the patch over the pony or centred on the black of the sleeve could be a hit.

Edit: there's probably a little Canadian bias at play in calling that a potential hit lol

That patch really seems out of place IMO. Should have kept it as either "Sport" or "Hi Tech"...especially if the sleeve has the same graphics as the others.

Seems like a "made for the outlet" patch.

IMG_20201207_155049.jpg
IMG_20201207_155023.jpg
IMG_20201207_155043.jpg

Following the athletic-inspired Stadium collection, which launched Polo Sport for Fall 1992, Ralph Lauren introduced three collections that reimagined modern activewear with a Polo sensibility: Snowboarding (which included the legendary Snow Beach jacket), Sportsman (inspired by rugged outdoor pursuits), and the sought-after winter sports collections RL2000 and Ski ’92, all of which featured the graphic sensibility and colorful motifs that would come to define the Polo Sport aesthetic. Certain pieces in these collections were emblazoned with a new logo, one reserved for items with true performance capabilities: “POLO HI TECH.” From 1992 through 1994, the Hi Tech patch appeared on countless pieces, from vests constructed for marathon fishing expeditions to anoraks designed to withstand the rigors of backcountry skiing.

Each piece was unique in what made it Hi Tech, but all boasted some kind of technical aspect: ripstop quilted linings, ballistic or micro-coated Supplex© nylon, high-function coated cotton, Cordura©, utility pockets, specialty insulation, reinforced joints, and more. Often adorned with words like “ALPINE” or “CLIMB,” Hi Tech pieces embodied a rugged sense of action and adventure built into their design, and while the logo was phased out after 1994, the concept of technical sportswear lived on in RLX and other collections in subsequent years.

Now, a quarter-century later, Polo Hi Tech is back for Fall 2018. Mr. Lauren has done more than revive the logo—he’s built an entirely new collection around the concept, combining design details from those original Polo Sport collections—including utility pockets, custom weather-resistant fabrics, bold graphics, and vibrant color-blocking—with entirely new styles and silhouettes. The results, we’re happy to report, pair equally well with denim, camouflage, or tweed, and look as sharp on a city sidewalk as they do hanging from a cliff in Yosemite—or a solo climb up Mount Everest.

Last edited:
RL2000 jacket from circa 1992...

IMG_20201207_161533.jpg

IMG_20201207_161448.jpg

IMG_20201207_161515.jpg

IMG_20201207_161428.jpg

Would have been dope for them to re-release this line for 2020.

The "speckles" are from 3M peeking from behind the deteriorating black and green fabric (invisible w/o the flash).

Back vent is silver mesh.

RL2000 line was really dope for its time.

"Repel all fakes like reflectors"...

Last edited:

I know I saw a shirt or jacket in navy or black on one of the sites that had that patch somewhere so I know it's not outlet exclusive.... feels like rl morphing the hi tech patch like you mentioned he did back in the day....also feels like this year because of the plandemic ; rl throwing outlet items to the dept. stores trying to sell those for more mark up, at the same time filling the outlets with higher end pieces trying to trap you coming and going until things get back to a more predictable cycle. patch is cool tho Im with you famous collect all patches you never know when you might need it.

There seems to be a few versions of that fleece snap up hitting outlets. The one in the catalog doesn't even show a patch on the chest. I've seen ones with yellow nylon trim around the collar that have the regular 'POLO SPORT' patch & now there's that one with camo nylon trim at the collar & a 'POLO RL-67' patch. Such a crap shoot I wouldn't be surprised if there was even some blue label/printed label variance as well. I was in the outlet up here this weekend and only saw the spellout fleeces in the camo, black, grey & navy variations; resellers scooping those up quickly.

That RL-67 patch definitely piques my interest though:
1607367448915.png

Double knit rugby like this with the patch over the pony or centred on the black of the sleeve could be a hit.

Edit: there's probably a little Canadian bias at play in calling that a potential hit lol
big chenile black and red p-wing over the black and white bars center chest leave the pony imo

That patch really seems out of place IMO. Should have kept it as either "Sport" or "Hi Tech"...especially if the sleeve has the same graphics as the others.

IMG_20201207_155049.jpg
IMG_20201207_155023.jpg
IMG_20201207_155043.jpg

Following the athletic-inspired Stadium collection, which launched Polo Sport for Fall 1992, Ralph Lauren introduced three collections that reimagined modern activewear with a Polo sensibility: Snowboarding (which included the legendary Snow Beach jacket), Sportsman (inspired by rugged outdoor pursuits), and the sought-after winter sports collections RL2000 and Ski ’92, all of which featured the graphic sensibility and colorful motifs that would come to define the Polo Sport aesthetic. Certain pieces in these collections were emblazoned with a new logo, one reserved for items with true performance capabilities: “POLO HI TECH.” From 1992 through 1994, the Hi Tech patch appeared on countless pieces, from vests constructed for marathon fishing expeditions to anoraks designed to withstand the rigors of backcountry skiing.

Each piece was unique in what made it Hi Tech, but all boasted some kind of technical aspect: ripstop quilted linings, ballistic or micro-coated Supplex© nylon, high-function coated cotton, Cordura©, utility pockets, specialty insulation, reinforced joints, and more. Often adorned with words like “ALPINE” or “CLIMB,” Hi Tech pieces embodied a rugged sense of action and adventure built into their design, and while the logo was phased out after 1994, the concept of technical sportswear lived on in RLX and other collections in subsequent years.

Now, a quarter-century later, Polo Hi Tech is back for Fall 2018. Mr. Lauren has done more than revive the logo—he’s built an entirely new collection around the concept, combining design details from those original Polo Sport collections—including utility pockets, custom weather-resistant fabrics, bold graphics, and vibrant color-blocking—with entirely new styles and silhouettes. The results, we’re happy to report, pair equally well with denim, camouflage, or tweed, and look as sharp on a city sidewalk as they do hanging from a cliff in Yosemite—or a solo climb up Mount Everest.

thank you for the article now it all makes sense...no tech=sport, tech=hi tech, prolly explains why some pieces cost more than others great insight need more of this stuff in the thread

thank you for the article now it all makes sense...no tech=sport, tech=hi tech, prolly explains why some pieces cost more than others great insight need more of this stuff in the thread
In that regard, just being "Polar fleece", (what Ralph called it back in the days), would qualify that for a "HI TECH" patch. It's "tech" was an all synthetic nylon material that could damn near keep you as warm as a coat on a upper 40s and up day. I actually have passed on get anymore, even the OGs, cause those things will sweat you out the house if you are just trying to rock it inside as a sweatshirt. I always had to take mine off whenever I got to where I was going.

HI TECH RL 67.jpg

THe sweatshirt goes hard in the cold for just this quality.
Techfleece.JPG

Oldies but some goodies. Below, notice the horsey and the Hi Tech. THat was Ralph from the factory.
44228724982_b637923ef5_z.jpg

Lights get dimmer down Biggie's hallway...
Ya Mans Fame and Ems HI TECH Fleece.jpg

I'll circle back and get 'em again. Owned 'em both like twice already. Like the new run, Ralphy seemed to pump these out there even back then. Can always get one in all sizes.

BTW, Ralphy mixing symbols is rampant now, but not necessarily new. Peep;

m_5f88b5902ca9ab755a279c85.jpg

MUST get this one again because of the WHITE patch!
G
m_5f88b59809d7602d81f24111.jpg

s-l300.jpg

Last pic, because dope is DOPE. Back when having a Benz really meant something. (Even got some of your fine EYE-talian wears, Rico. Can you spot them?)
Possee on Broadway.png

In that regard, just being "Polar fleece", (what Ralph called it back in the days), would qualify that for a "HI TECH" patch. It's "tech" was an all synthetic nylon material that could damn near keep you as warm as a coat on a upper 40s and up day. I actually have passed on get anymore, even the OGs, cause those things will sweat you out the house if you are just trying to rock it inside as a sweatshirt. I always had to take mine off whenever I got to where I was going.

HI TECH RL 67.jpg

THe sweatshirt goes hard in the cold for just this quality.
Techfleece.JPG

Oldies but some goodies. Below, notice the horsey and the Hi Tech. THat was Ralph from the factory.
44228724982_b637923ef5_z.jpg

Lights get dimmer down Biggie's hallway...
Ya Mans Fame and Ems HI TECH Fleece.jpg

I'll circle back and get 'em again. Owned 'em both like twice already. Like the new run, Ralphy seemed to pump these out there even back then. Can always get one in all sizes.

BTW, Ralphy mixing symbols is rampant now, but not necessarily new. Peep;

m_5f88b5902ca9ab755a279c85.jpg

MUST get this one again because of the WHITE patch!
G
m_5f88b59809d7602d81f24111.jpg

s-l300.jpg

Last pic, because dope is DOPE. Back when having a Benz really meant something. (Even got some of your fine EYE-talian wears, Rico. Can you spot them?)
Possee on Broadway.png

cp-93 and hi-tech together thats what I'm talking about....thank the lawd for documentarians with the history of this thing of ours....in these fallow times its nice too see what's still to come .... end of year challenge.... lets have an old fashioned battle throw down og pieces only no retros...who got the juice , the rarest the rare, the golden child of garments, playas vs playa haters lets do it ....ding! ding! ding!

We all get fed up with Polo but then reminisce about the old collections and start supporting
and buying new stuff we dont really really like just to recapture that original feeling of those classic collections.

Polo's design teams are filled with 20 year olds now. They dont want you old heads dressing better than them
in these retro clothing. They will bring back the old pieces you old heads are bothering them for, but mess it up just enough so you look
funny wearing them. lol Letters peeling off everything and track jackets and illustrations on the chest instead of back etc.

They have on their nice stone island, supreme, Balenciaga that they wear at home. They will never buy anything
with letters peeling from stone island or moncler etc. They sell you that stuff and laugh when they fulfill their projections.
If the trash dont sell ship it to outlets and they will still buy it there.

I love those Hi Tech pieces but I know they wont ever make them like that again. Thats why I hang around the
real sporting events and find out what brands the real skiiers and polo players and rugby or yacht team guys are sponsored by. I then add those to my clothing collection.

I support Ralph only when he gives Polo good stuff.

1607431722180.png

1607401029577.png

I have that red and white cartier rugby.

That reminds you of something old doesn't it...
Remember these...

1607401216644.png

il_794xN.1854361055_9kvg-removebg-preview.png

The old Polo rugbies were heavy like the new Cartier sponsored rugby.
A ralph rugby like the cartier would mean you have to go Purple Label prices. lol
Nah I just grabbed the cartier from a euro site.

Last edited:
stone island just got bought by moncler after Gucci passed, supreme is now north face and timberland so all those are done.....everyone wants to work with rl not vice versa.........I don't mind the rubber print on a good piece with a patch, sometimes that embroidery gets pulled and thats a problem down the road too...as long as rl keeps making the hits take my money

We all get fed up with Polo but then reminisce about the old collections and start supporting
and buying new stuff we dont really really like just to recapture that original feeling of those classic collections.

Polo's design teams are filled with 20 year olds now. They dont want you old heads dressing better than them
in these retro clothing. They will bring back the old pieces you old heads are bothering them for, but mess it up just enough so you look
funny wearing them. lol Letters peeling off everything and track jackets and illustrations on the chest instead of back etc.

They have on their nice stone island, supreme, Balenciaga that they wear at home. They will never buy anything
with letters peeling from stone island or moncler etc. They sell you that stuff and laugh when they fulfill their projections.
If the trash dont sell ship it to outlets and they will still buy it there.

I love those Hi Tech pieces but I know they wont ever make them like that again. Thats why I hang around the
real sporting events and find out what brands the real skiiers and polo players and rugby or yacht team guys are sponsored by. I then add those to my clothing collection.

I support Ralph only when he gives Polo good stuff.

1607401029577.png

I have that red and white cartier rugby.

That reminds you of something old doesn't it...
Remember these...

1607401216644.png

il_794xN.1854361055_9kvg-removebg-preview.png

The old Polo rugbies were heavy like the new Cartier.
A ralph rugby like the cartier would mean you have to go Purple Label prices. lol
Nah I just grabbed the cartier from a euro site.

Very nice pickup on the St Moritz Snow Polo team sponsor Cartier rugby. Little bit older piece, still very cool design. Some great unique sponsors in the past. Not really excited for the next sponsorships. But LM does great job with designs. Guess because of all their actual Clubs wear.

Edit:
The attention to design and detail is why I pickup and prefer collections like Team Blackwatch, Snow Challenge, etc from PRL.

Last edited:
did anyone pick up any items from the kith x polo collab is so whats the quality on the pieces looking like....

Back
Top Bottom