**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

One of the greatest, most underrated air max of all time.

Yes. THIS. Period. And Nike seemingly REFUSES to retro!

My pair started cracking a few years ago, was debating a sole swap but I'm too old and washed for all that lol.

I said the same thing back in '08/'09 when the first amazing pair I copped crumbled off my feet as I walked one day. Held up pretty good for about a year, though. It was also my first experience with truly vintage kicks. I had no idea about the whole sole thing. I put the crumbled pair up on the bay and they sold for a buck in that condition. And I've regretted it ever since. I woke up around New Years and vowed I would own them again. IF I could find them. Don't bother with the few guys on the gram who do have them. They know precisely what they have and dead the inquiry with the quickness. Amazingly, after scouring like a mad man, out of the blue, they popped up during a screen refresh on the bay! LLike real time in my face buy it now. And I broke my finger hitting the button.

And now, I'm up on the whole sole swap thing. Yes, they will have to have a swap. I will put New Nike Air Max2 light soles on them. Sourced a guy who is literally world-renown in sole swaps, we've chopped it up, and I just need to get my donor shoes, ship it all to him, and of course, pay the man. And I'm actually going through all of this because I am too damn old to not close this loop.

Now, keeping it all the way 'Lo, anyone interested copping this size Medium Rafting joint in the background, get at me in my inbox. [UPDATE: SOLD]

IMG_1458.JPG

I copped it for the low simply for the patch, and now moving the joint as is, NO PATCH, (but expertly removed). Offer consideration will be generous to reflect the missing patch. Get at me, cause I want this gone. BTW, while this joint ain't my style, it is actually pretty well made.
[UPDATE: SOLD]

Last edited:
And now, I'm up on the whole sole swap thing. Yes, they will have to have a swap. I will put New Nike Air Max2 light soles on them. Sourced a guy who is literally world-renown in sole swaps, we've chopped it up, and I just need to get my donor shoes, ship it all to him, and of course, pay the man. And I'm actually going through all of this because I am too damn old to not close this loop.

You gotta let me know how that goes, maybe connect me with the guy so I can get my pair done. I was thinking and am93 sole. Its a shame putting these newer air bubbles on the ogs, doesnt do it justice. My pair was cleeeeeaaaaannnnn too smh

20210209_003950.jpg

You gotta let me know how that goes, maybe connect me with the guy so I can get my pair done. I was thinking and am93 sole. Its a shame putting these newer air bubbles on the ogs, doesnt do it justice. My pair was cleeeeeaaaaannnnn too smh

20210209_003950.jpg
Wow... wow. That look like my first pair. You realize we in a fraternity that you can count in the hundreds(?) AND you got the BOX?!? Sheeeeeeiiiit... I'm going to make a blog on this topic over in an old thread elsewhere here on Niketalk. I'll hit you with the link.

Ralph talk: Y'all make an offer on my Rafting! LOL [UPDATE: SOLD]

Last edited:
Yes. THIS. Period. And Nike seemingly REFUSES to retro!

I said the same thing back in '08/'09 when the first amazing pair I copped crumbled off my feet as I walked one day. Held up pretty good for about a year, though. It was also my first experience with truly vintage kicks. I had no idea about the whole sole thing. I put the crumbled pair up on the bay and they sold for a buck in that condition. And I've regretted it ever since. I woke up around New Years and vowed I would own them again. IF I could find them. Don't bother with the few guys on the gram who do have them. They know precisely what they have and dead the inquiry with the quickness. Amazingly, after scouring like a mad man, out of the blue, they popped up during a screen refresh on the bay! LLike real time in my face buy it now. And I broke my finger hitting the button.

Now, keeping it all the way 'Lo, anyone interested copping this size Medium Rafting joint in the background, get at me in my inbox.

IMG_1458.JPG

I copped it for the low simply for the patch, and now moving the joint as is, NO PATCH, (but expertly removed). Offer consideration will be generous to reflect the missing patch. Get at me, cause I want this gone. BTW, while this joint ain't my style, it is actually pretty well made.

Who's doing your swap for you? There's a lot of good ones out there, but I'd highly recommend GOVRN, he did my Stash Spiridon's. His swap price is decent too ($95), especially considering yours doesn't require any stitching (Like a Jordan 1, 3, 4, etc.)

Who's doing your swap for you? There's a lot of good ones out there, but I'd highly recommend GOVRN, he did my Stash Spiridon's. His swap price is decent too ($95), especially considering yours doesn't require any stitching (Like a Jordan 1, 3, 4, etc.)

Peace, fam. Fire work pictured above. And I do appreciate the lookout. That is exactly the kind of info I was looking for when I stumbled upon Ammoskunk. He is higher than what you quoted, but he has already earned the difference in just questions answered, advice, and pre-planning conversation, (and mind you, that's before I've spent cent one with him). So, I'm going to rock with him, but your advice and GOVRN's name is duly noted!

Nothin' Ralph to say except "Hi Tech" this, and "Make me an offer", [UPDATE: SOLD] that!
w2obwj.jpg

Last edited:
Peace, fam. Fire work pictured above. And I do appreciate the lookout. That is exactly the kind of info I was looking for when I stumbled upon Ammoskunk. He is higher than what you quoted, but he has already earned the difference in just questions answered, advice, and pre-planning conversation, (and mind you, that's before I've spent cent one with him). So, I'm going to rock with him, but your advice and GOVRN's name is duly noted!

Ammoskunk does great work too. You won't be disappointed either way.

nvm...found both of them on macys... Jacket and Joggers
Got a link?

I haven’t seen either pair of joggers for sale yet.
Edit:
Noticed the black racing joggers are up on polo.com

wondering if these will be around til 30% off. The racing stuff seems to not be big production runs... I’m having a hell of a time finding some of the recent racing stuff from last two years, like the chrono long sleeve shirt.

Last edited:
Got a link?

I haven’t seen either pair of joggers for sale yet.
Edit:
Noticed the black racing joggers are up on polo.com

wondering if these will be around til 30% off. The racing stuff seems to not be big production runs... I’m having a hell of a time finding some of the recent racing stuff from last two years, like the chrono long sleeve shirt.

I just copped without a discount... oh well

Yeah I've got some high key regrets not grabbing this one when my size went down to 40% off... Even had side on-seam pockets.
1612978294563.png

That 40% off be the high water mark these past some months. My size in another regular priced item went Oos while waiting for deeper discount.
🤦‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom