**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Not sure what size you guys are wearing but these are all over eBay for the Lo...just make sure to go a half size up.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
This has been the longest stretch of RL not putting out anything I am remotely interested in in a long time, which at the very least is affording me extra money to spend on camera gear. Too much branding, not enough pattern for me. RRL is much more my speed these days (though Ill never act too good for Polo) but it guts me to spend $350 on a plain flannel.

Not sure what size you guys are wearing but these are all over eBay for the Lo...just make sure to go a half size up.

s-l1600.jpg
Yes, The materials and construction quality of these 2018 Olympic Team Boots is far better than the new Polo version of the boot.
There were a few made with the tumbled leather Olympic Stamp instead of the cotton team color patch. MSRP is $1000
Screenshot_20210212-140931_Instagram.jpg

The Italian made version is even better quality since the suede is waxed. MSRP is $1500
Screenshot_20210212-142242_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
This has been the longest stretch of RL not putting out anything I am remotely interested in in a long time, which at the very least is affording me extra money to spend on camera gear. Too much branding, not enough pattern for me. RRL is much more my speed these days (though Ill never act too good for Polo) but it guts me to spend $350 on a plain flannel.

Same here. He is making clothes for the young. He is bringing back the older styles but making them just gaudy enough so only a teen would look good in it. Only a teen would look good with a cartoon race car or cartoon ski man on the front of the coat.
Grown men wear graphics on the backs of coats. Look at any corporate or business uniform. Logo and graphics on back of coat.
I mean jackets not shirts or sweatshirts or sweaters.

Allot of the designs look childish. The hotwheels sweatshirt looks like its for the kids dept.
To each his own though. I will wait til the summer.

Same here. He is making clothes for the young. He is bringing back the older styles but making them just gaudy enough so only a teen would look good in it. Only a teen would look good with a cartoon race car or cartoon ski man on the front of the coat.
Grown men wear graphics on the backs of coats. Look at any corporate or business uniform. Logo and graphics on back of coat.
I mean jackets not shirts or sweatshirts or sweaters.

Allot of the designs look childish. The hotwheels sweatshirt looks like its for the kids dept.
To each his own though. I will wait til the summer.

I mean, call it what you will... younger demographic, urban flare, retro/nostalgic stuff... I don't think it's bad and i can appreciate it for what it is, it just isn't quite for me. Im sure plenty of other adults can pull off the graphic stuff.

I actually like those Olympic boots (the one with the leather badge) that were posted, but if I were in the market for boots that looked like that I would probably just get some Danner Mountain Lights.

New bear up on east Dane

Think this one is more linen than cotton, too.

CEC6B627-759F-44A0-B9A7-18FB3E4B041F.png

Not sure if yall saw the CYO collection for the Australian open... They have the slam design updated, and available for ink blue shirts as well as white. Few other updated/new polo tennis designs avail...

813C5AA2-4600-44E2-8DD9-77AE9ADF15A3.jpeg
F03E3CDF-29E4-414F-9DE1-5E9109BC6B61.jpeg

New art deco design for ralph women... Going with a "hotel de ralph" theme. Pretty fantastic logo/theme, hoping they'll expand it into some nice men's stuff.
D3ECEA39-6CF9-4BB0-851D-19091C817F78.png

Lastly, if anyone has any snow beach stuff they are looking to sell or willing to trade... Hoping to finish up my collection with the B&W vest (L) and the B&W rugby (medium), along with any of the snow beach bear stuff that was only released overseas. 67C6AED5-04DC-48FB-A748-117F63BD2B80.jpeg B561648E-B368-4781-80B2-9670EDFDB1E8.png E6906EFC-5012-41F1-91D2-D836F8BA744B.png

finally a $76 bag with a free bottle of toilet water !!!
IMG_0202.jpeg

so bears and horses are grown and cars and skis are for kids got it!!

10 to 1 rico copping that sweat shirt... don't fall for the fake outs... counter punch back...proper counter is other hand (left to his right and V V ) opposite punch (hook to his straight and V V ) 👊🤛 or🤜👊

makes me want to rent a Ferrari just to put that hoodie on !!

Last edited:
1613173725175.png

It already says polo on the front, so I dont want to over brand it.
Had to edit the back to this...

1613175388829.png

My first custom purchase ever. Sick of the 92 and 67.

84 is retro. It will age better with an 80s date.
Turned it into an anniversary piece.

Last edited:
I don't know looks a lil childish to me ... just playing rico busting chops you're entertaining to say the least...I would have gone with the white tee red lettering over the rainbow lettering cleaner more Italian for me...I do like what he did with the blue sport under the polo line...they won't let me do it to the one I want.. oh well pass!!

Last edited:
what about just tennis 84 ?
The tennis image already tells the person it is tennis.
The sport branding ties it into Polo Sport and Sports in general.
You want to say as much as possible without overbranding or being redundant.
Thats why the back does not say Polo. The horse symbol already says that.

I made it into an anniversary piece.
Now I dont want the original version. This one is tied to super Saturday.

I wanted the white color background, but I'm afraid of pit stains.
The blue will age better. Hide any aging or discoloration better.

Last edited:
10 to 1 rico copping that sweat shirt... don't fall for the fake outs... counter punch back...proper counter is other hand (left to his right and V V ) opposite punch (hook to his straight and V V )👊🤛 or🤜👊

makes me want to rent a Ferrari just to put that hoodie on !!
Id rock that hoodie with the bred 11s, the toro 14s, bred 4s or black cement 3s

if ppl can rock blue ski 92 sweats with the bottom half of a skiier’s body on one side then I don’t see the problem with that hoodie

I think the design could’ve been executed better though

The tennis image already tells the person it is tennis.
The sport branding ties it into Polo Sport and Sports in general.
You want to say as much as possible without overbranding or being redundant.
Thats why the back does not say Polo. The horse symbol already says that.

I made it into an anniversary piece.
Now I dont want the original version. This one is tied to super Saturday.

I wanted the white color background, but I'm afraid of pit stains.
The blue will age better. Hide any aging or discoloration better.

tell that to Virgil... I kind of dig the labeling of the obvious... classic case of to each his own

Back
Top Bottom