**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

I've always been too lazy to drive to Woodbury. Maybe i'll finally drive up there if they have RRL stuff.

Bros,

Visited Woodbury Outlets this weekend. I had no idea that Ralph Lauren had a different store for pieces that are sent from retailers from previous seasons!

Purple Label, Black Label, and RRL at 50% off

:smokin

Wow are you serious? might have to take a trip..

100% serious. They had a 1 circular rack full of RRL, and 2 smallish walls of RRL denim.

Men's was mostly 50%, Women's was mostly 75% off :smile:eek)

Copped a PL paisley tie and 2 pocket squares.

Yea the Woodbury outlet is serious

I didn't even know that. My wife and I have good friends who live a few exits from Riverhead, so that's become the outlet I visit most - just tacking it on when we go to visit them. But, if there's a reason to specifically go to Woodbury instead, then maybe I should do that.

I used to frequent Woodbury back in the day, like going to the grocery store, Lol. I live in NYC, so it's about an hour and 15 mins by bus. To me it's like 50/50 chance you get really good deals, but truth be told you can get a lot of good deal in you area especially in NYC. The number one spot for me was always Syms, I love that place.

Me too. I went about once every season. I got my first car in about the late 90s and used to drive up there all the time. Before that, it was rides with relatives, friends' parents, the bus, etc. Five finger discount was pretty easily utilized in Woodbury too. Though, I was never really good at boosting. BFO downtown was another good spot both for deals and for racking.

The first time I went to an outlet was maybe '91 or '92. I was astounded - like how does this place exist. I remember that was in Pennsylvania. ...Invest cheddar in shopping sprees in Reading, indeed!

I've always been too lazy to drive to Woodbury. Maybe i'll finally drive up there if they have RRL stuff.

To my knowledge they've been carrying RRL for years. As to selection as stock, that of course varies.

In the past I've gotten rlpl ties for $20 a piece, made in England/Italy footwear for 75% off the outlet price, rlpl shirts for $50 each. Sizes and selection can be very hit or miss though. And it is definitely a resellers paradise.

In regards to outlets, I've been to Reading PA, Riverhead NY, Rockville PA, Franklin Mills PA...and Woodbury NY. Woodbury has been the best, only because ther are the largest. I first went in 94' and they had the 94 Indian Head there and USA hoodies. The Indian head was $200 and USA were $80. I didn't buy anything from RL that day I was disappointed, mind you I only had about $300 at the time, I was 17. I couldn't see myself paying $200 for a knit back then. But things changed very soon after that.
Either way I would go, almost every holiday season and a few other times during the year....back then bear sweatshirt were more common than bread, I bought them for like $50 and cheaper when they had a sale, I bought the golfbag knit for $100 and flag jackets were like $30 on sale. But Syms and Burlington coat factory probably the best I knew about. BCF had the 92 ski coat for $80, and I didn't buy it cause it was about to be 93...Lol. Polo Ball jackets in Syms were $30 and long bill 1993 hats were $10 no lie, seen with my own eyes, and I didn't buy. Regrets gotta learn to live with them.

This is one example of Syms at its best, I bought this in 05 I want to say, never wore It, don't have an outfit for it LOL, but if you notice the price...it was only $29...and this is all cashmere one. I could go on and on.

Speaking about outlet finds
I've had the best luck at Cabazon here in Cali
Picked up a lot of RRL tees and denim
Not a large selection as much as the east coast it seems out here but I can get def get lucky at times

The thing is back in the day, nobody wanted to share the info. Everyone was out for self, but luckily for me I had a few nice friends...I didn't know everything, but I did know a few spots, Century 21 was also a major spot, and I couldn't even get in cause you had to be 21, that goes the same for Syms and BCF. I actually had to beg my mom to take me, or I went with my friend same age 16-17 who had a full beard and said he was my uncle....Lol. I remember I caught the flag mesh hat for $16 at Century21 and later Woodbury had them for.....wait for it....$10, but their color way was all black and another in bright orange, back then I was like, "I already had the blue" now that hat goes for like $250 easy.

Last edited:
In regards to outlets, I've been to Reading PA, Riverhead NY, Rockville PA, Franklin Mills PA...and Woodbury NY. Woodbury has been the best, only because ther are the largest. I first went in 94' and they had the 94 Indian Head there and USA hoodies. The Indian head was $200 and USA were $80. I didn't buy anything from RL that day I was disappointed, mind you I only had about $300 at the time, I was 17. I couldn't see myself paying $200 for a knit back then. But things changed very soon after that.
Either way I would go, almost every holiday season and a few other times during the year....back then bear sweatshirt were more common than bread, I bought them for like $50 and cheaper when they had a sale, I bought the golfbag knit for $100 and flag jackets were like $30 on sale. But Syms and Burlington coat factory probably the best I knew about. BCF had the 92 ski coat for $80, and I didn't buy it cause it was about to be 93...Lol. Polo Ball jackets in Syms were $30 and long bill 1993 hats were $10 no lie, seen with my own eyes, and I didn't buy. Regrets gotta learn to live with them.

Memories!

Yeah, sometimes I would go to the outlets a friend's family, and they would go to a different set - they might have been out in Jersey. Secaucus had a nice spread too - a really big Nike outlet, especially. We'd have a whole routine of hitting up every BCF on the way and all that - there were some great deals at BCF.

Woodbury was my favorite too, though. The Polo store was big. There were 2 Hilfiger stores, and at least 2 Nautica stores too. They had Guess, DKNY, a really good Timberland outlet.... basically if you were mentioned in Q-Tip's verse on Give up the Goods, you were represented.

In like maybe '96 or '97, the North Face outlet opened too, which was great! I was probably happier for that than for the Polo outlet at that time.

Then, I remember in around 2000, they opened a Laundry/Iceberg outlet there too. ...I think I've burned all the pics of me in Donald Duck sweaters and crap - luckily this is pre-social meida. . But, at the time, it was really cool that the spot existed. Pretty much everything that got hot at any point had a store in Woodbury.

riverhead is garbage for RL right now, i stopped by after a shoot a few weeks ago and they had nada.

woodbury, good times... i wonder how many of us have crossed paths there and not even know it haha.

pmiddy, i know someone looking for that hat if you're selling.

There's was also some spot in Jersey I went to, I can't remember the name, but they had a hilfiger outlet, actually I wouldn't even call it an outlet...it was just big tables with a mountain of clothing on it, no lie. The store had black trash bag for bags Lol, shirts were like $15 and sweaters were like $20...my friends boosted a few long bill hilfiger hats. I had I real nice one I wore till it was destroyed...ha ha. But I was always a Lo head, I gave my bro my hilfiger clothes, It always felt like I was cheating on Polo Lol.....oh the memories....S/O BIP Roberts for co piloting the trip through memory lane. Woodbury was good for Hilfiger, Timberland, Nike, Northface, Nautica....Woodbury has nearly doubled in size since I first went in 94....oh S/O to tjmaxx, Marshall's and Filenes Basement they also had some good things once in a while

This is one example of Syms at its best, I bought this in 05 I want to say, never wore It, don't have an outfit for it LOL, but if you notice the price...it was only $29...and this is all cashmere one. I could go on and on.

I wore that hat last week. Wish I had the coat to match...
I feel you on looking back, wishing I took advantage of a hot deal. I can picture all kinds of racks in my mind with gear I passed up.

Yea the Woodbury outlet is serious

I didn't even know that. My wife and I have good friends who live a few exits from Riverhead, so that's become the outlet I visit most - just tacking it on when we go to visit them. But, if there's a reason to specifically go to Woodbury instead, then maybe I should do that.

I used to frequent Woodbury back in the day, like going to the grocery store, Lol. I live in NYC, so it's about an hour and 15 mins by bus. To me it's like 50/50 chance you get really good deals, but truth be told you can get a lot of good deal in you area especially in NYC. The number one spot for me was always Syms, I love that place.

Me too. I went about once every season. I got my first car in about the late 90s and used to drive up there all the time. Before that, it was rides with relatives, friends' parents, the bus, etc. Five finger discount was pretty easily utilized in Woodbury too. Though, I was never really good at boosting. BFO downtown was another good spot both for deals and for racking.

The first time I went to an outlet was maybe '91 or '92. I was astounded - like how does this place exist. I remember that was in Pennsylvania. ...Invest cheddar in shopping sprees in Reading, indeed!

How far is woodbury from jfk?

Didnt syms get closed down in midtown?

There's was also some spot in Jersey I went to, I can't remember the name, but they had a hilfiger outlet, actually I wouldn't even call it an outlet...it was just big tables with a mountain of clothing on it, no lie. The store had black trash bag for bags Lol, shirts were like $15 and sweaters were like $20...my friends boosted a few long bill hilfiger hats. I had I real nice one I wore till it was destroyed...ha ha. But I was always a Lo head, I gave my bro my hilfiger clothes, It always felt like I was cheating on Polo Lol.....oh the memories....S/O BIP Roberts for co piloting the trip through memory lane. Woodbury was good for Hilfiger, Timberland, Nike, Northface, Nautica....Woodbury has nearly doubled in size since I first went in 94....oh S/O to tjmaxx, Marshall's and Filenes Basement they also had some good things once in a while

Was that a regular thing?

Because I remember getting postcards for Hilfiger sample sales that were like that - usually out in Jersey. It was just like a bare bones space filled with fold up tables - like a church flea market - and they'd have things organized like, anything on this table $25. All jackets $50. All hats $10.... A lot of the times, the hats and accessories were just in cardboard boxes. ...It was like an invitation to steal.

I had a lot of good come ups at those kinds of sales. I have this black and royal TH ski jacket that retailed for $295 that I grabbed at one of those sales for $50. I also remember this royal and white TH motorcycle line sweater with like 5 different patches on it that I got for like $25. Got some Alpine stuff there too.

We'd all get the cards in the mail and then decide whose mother we were going to pester into driving us out to these spots.

Last edited:
I think the one midtown did close, that's actually where I bought the hat. But I think they still have one downtown on Rector st. That's where I copped a good majority of my Polo back in the day.
This is how you have to imagine Woodbury, first they have alternate versions of regular RL items, such as rugbies, jackets, shirts ...etc, but they also have items exclusive to outlets which is really cool. For example lets say the reindeer kswiss sweater, Woodbury will have the cream version or the hat in another color way, which I love, because not everyone will have it. Plus around the holidays they release their own novelty holiday line.

@ BIP Roberts, yeah it was exactly like that in regards to the Hilfiger store, just a whole bunch of folding tables, one for rugbies, another for sweater...etc, it wasn't something all year round, because they had a regular outlet store next to it. It didn't have no signs out front, just a barebones building with piles of clothes

your talking about secaucus mall in nj, they had the tommy hill clothes for up to $75% off. and you left there with your items in blue trash bags.
ahhh the memories…..

I think the one midtown did close, that's actually where I bought the hat. But I think they still have one downtown on Rector st. That's where I copped a good majority of my Polo back in the day.
This is how you have to imagine Woodbury, first they have alternate versions of regular RL items, such as rugbies, jackets, shirts ...etc, but they also have items exclusive to outlets which is really cool. For example lets say the reindeer kswiss sweater, Woodbury will have the cream version or the hat in another color way, which I love, because not everyone will have it. Plus around the holidays they release their own novelty holiday line.

How far is woodbury from jfk?

It's exit 16 on the thruway. So, maybe an hour and a half or so, give or take.

Used to take me a shade over an hour, but I'm basically on the Triboro in 5 minutes from where I live.

Didnt syms get closed down in midtown?

I think the one midtown did close, that's actually where I bought the hat. But I think they still have one downtown on Rector st. That's where I copped a good majority of my Polo back in the day. .

Pretty sure all the Syms are closed down, including the one on Trinity. I work downtown and I recall it closing down maybe a year to 18 months ago.

Back
Top Bottom