**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

IG math_shoes

@DownAz_egaroc1_itw
I don't post much rl but i appreciate RL heavy n dew like to show luhv to the #NT fambs. [emoji]128077[/emoji]

I just saw an IG post where the 2014 Olympic patch cardigan is going for 3-7K, which is ridiculous. I feel the sweater could have been a lot better, especially where less is more, I only really like the back of the sweater. But heres where I would improve on it IMHO.

First eliminate the USA patch on the left side of chest, USA is already on the back, and note the stripes stars and color scheme say USA.
2nd remove the large 2014 year, and make it smaller place it maybe on the wrist level
Lastly the flag patch on the right side can be removed as well, the sweater itself has Stars and Stripes and all the colors of the flag.

I'm curious to hear anyone's else's ideas if any on possibly improving this sweater
Also other then the cardigan, what is everyone else favorite Olympic piece this year?

Last edited:
I laughed at the prices the Oly cardigan is fetching.

I would have made it a true patchwork, meaning swatches would have been overlapping creating a much heavier garment.

I would have used more swatches from other winter sweaters. the white snowflake sweater, some fairisle swatches, pieces from the red fall cardigan, I would have used much less navy blue star fabric, and used the USA flag lolgo with the postage stamp on the sleeve. The buttons would have been made from pressed US Quarters.
We're allowed to dream right? :lol:

It's a cool concept, but the finished product was lackiing. I'm very selective it just isnt up to par with the standard of quality that RL set with the older patchwork sweaters.

Last edited:
Thinking of pulling the trigger on this shirt, can I get a legit check please? Also a little info on it if any of you guys know about it.

20fot3p.jpg

I just saw an IG post where the 2014 Olympic patch cardigan is going for 3-7K, which is ridiculous. I feel the sweater could have been a lot better, especially where less is more, I only really like the back of the sweater. But heres where I would improve on it IMHO.

First eliminate the USA patch on the left side of chest, USA is already on the back, and note the stripes stars and color scheme say USA.
2nd remove the large 2014 year, and make it smaller place it maybe on the wrist level
Lastly the flag patch on the right side can be removed as well, the sweater itself has Stars and Stripes and all the colors of the flag.

I'm curious to hear anyone's else's ideas if any on possibly improving this sweater
Also other then the cardigan, what is everyone else favorite Olympic piece this year?

Dudes paying/asking cashy bear prices for pseudo patchwork cardigans. ...Where they do that at?

IG: digglahhh

LASTCHANCE20 for an additional 20% off selected sale items on ralphlauren.com.  Big and Tall guys will win with this one.
^ Thanks for the discount code. I Was able to cop this sweater early this morning at a great price. 100% wool sweater with suede elbow pads. I am excite.

I wonder what's the status on these pieces (P sweater and P jacket).  I remember it being mentioned that they were dropping this year.

Back
Top Bottom