**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

I was always on the fence on some of the Brooklyn Basement Polo inspired hats, but with these I have to make an exception, these are pretty dope, I know I'm late, being they have been out for some yrs now. The simplicity of this stadium hat is probably one of the best out there, because it's very clean and classic. I have know idea how these hat fit, but I'm willing to take a chance...if anyone got double lmk

Droski and Frank thanks for the sale info.

No prob. Too bad it sucks lol.

I've never liked the RRL canvas bags that were take-downs of the full leather ones.

My final two items finally arrived a week after everything else.

Yo that belt is nice man, like really nice. Might have to check those trousers out too, hows the fit.

Since yall are on the vintage tip lately, just saw some polo spellout crewnecks, full-zips, baseball jackets and baseball shirts scheduled for the fall.

Last edited:
No prob. Too bad it sucks lol.
Yo that belt is nice man, like really nice. Might have to check those trousers out too, hows the fit.

Since yall are on the vintage tip lately, just saw some polo spellout crewnecks, full-zips, baseball jackets and baseball shirts scheduled for the fall.

Pics speaks volumes...whenever your ready

Pics speaks volumes...whenever your ready

I guess I'm just waiting to see how these releases develop and what actually comes out on these line sheets. It's all sketches at this point which means it all could be up in the air still. Would just like some proof, for myself and for everyone else that at least some of this stuff is actually dropping before posting it all over getting peoples hopes up. I did see a sketch of a beacon mock neck sweater that was supposed to drop with the current collection but I've not seen it anywhere. All of that said I have the sketches for the next 6-7 collections from now thru Christmas, just didn't want to get ahead of ourselves.

RLX was birth out of Polo Sport, but they eventually had two separate lines for a while before Polo Sport completely was discontinued. Polo Sport also included the Polo Sportsman line, which was clearly was devoted to outdoor activities such as fishing, hiking, hunting ...etc.

Part of me believes that RL2000 became RLX, if you notice RL2000 dealt with a lot of active sports apparel such as running, skiing, tennis, golf...everything I owned from that line involved an aspect of the sports listed above me and more.

Then there's Polo Hi Tech / Polo Sport under the blue label, (one of my favorites) a very technical savvy apparel dealing in all active gear, from running fishing, skiing, hiking, golf, pretty much most active sports and outdoors activities (snowboarding / Snowbeach)
There so many was you can look at.
Yo said the same thing jay said about sport/rlx. Lol. Borth are right
Polo sportsman /country came before polo sport. Two totally different lines/ labels.we was rocking the origanal cookie boots and the style boot (France army) that SMB posted in 89 and they had the country-some early pairs had the sportsman tag on the tongue and insole of the boot. RL200 was not a label just a line same as hi-tec.two to three years tops for borth and not that many pieces at that compared to og white(tag in a lot of early denim) blue ,sportsman,country,sport/rlx ect.

Yo said the same thing jay said about sport/rlx. Lol. Borth are right
Polo sportsman /country came before polo sport. Two totally different lines/ labels.we was rocking the origanal cookie boots and the style boot (France army) that SMB posted in 89 and they had the country-some early pairs had the sportsman tag on the tongue and insole of the boot. RL200 was not a label just a line same as hi-tec.two to three years tops for borth and not that many pieces at that compared to og white(tag in a lot of early denim) blue ,sportsman,country,sport/rlx ect.

Very true...
RL2000, yes was part of the Hi Tech, I just saying felt RLX took over what it could've been RL2000 if it expanded
Polo Country/ Sportsman was a little before my time. But I never understood where the white label fit in. For example I had a denim jacket with the white label but it had silk screen flag with the "Polo Sport" printed as well?? Never got that.

Very true...
RL2000, yes was part of the Hi Tech, I just saying felt RLX took over what it could've been RL2000 if it expanded
Polo Country/ Sportsman was a little before my time. But I never understood where the white label fit in. For example I had a denim jacket with the white label but it had silk screen flag with the "Polo Sport" printed as well?? Never got that.
the white label is the first tag I ever seen in any Lo denim and this is in 85. I just take it was one of three of his first labels. The classic blue,the banner ( Ralph Lauren with the man&horse in the middle ) and the white tag is the same as the origanal leather patch on the denim at that time. FYI there is another leather patch that predates that design. It was not as detailed and mostly used on womans pieces. I could see that with the 2000 line. I have that same jacket in a xl and it fit like a m/s. I was told it's a woman's jacket but I remember the first time I saw it was at the polosport store that is now the RL kids and woman's stores on 72 and mad across from the mansion.

That is a country flag tee. Bnwt still on it to this day.

Last edited:
the white label is the first tag I ever seen in any Lo denim and this and this is in 85. I just take it was one of three of his first labels. The classic blue,the banner ( Ralph Lauren with the man&horse in the middle ) and the white tag is the same as the origanal leather patch on the denim at that time. FYI there is another leather patch that predates that design. It was not as detailed and mostly used on womans pieces. I could see that with the 2000 line. I have that same jacket in a xl and it fit like a m/s. I was told it's a woman's jacket but I remember the first time I saw it was at the polosport store that is one kid and woman's on 72 and mad across from the mansion.

That is a country flag tee. Bnwt still on it to this day.

Dope, yeah that's the jacket I had in Large it was like a medium, I sold it late last yr, I had it for over 12 yrs, but the sizing was weird it was too small for me but too big for any girls I tried to pass it to. I believe it's a boys jacket, because I had the standard denim jacket and it didn't fit that way.

Dope, yeah that's the jacket I had in Large it was like a medium, I sold it late last yr, I had it for over 12 yrs, but the sizing was weird it was too small for me but too big for any girls I tried to pass it to. I believe it's a boys jacket, because I had the standard denim jacket and it didn't fit that way.
and Ralph is still all over the place when it comes to sizing . Lol

Oh, and it must be said, that young ladies loved them some Polo Sport cologne back in the early/mid-90s.
i loved that cologne back in the day. that and the crappy free duffel bag it came with.
And some Rugby items in storage

Limited edition cardigan and a limited edition made in USA wool blanket.
Still mad I missed that blanket when it went on sale.
script spellouts???

rrlegend - yup

frankmatthews - if you are familiar with the rigid selvedge officer chinos, they will fit exactly like that which to me is very similar to the low straight denim. The legs will be a little bit more full though.

polosport - I wish I would've bought at least another one if I knew the blanket was this nice

Last edited:

I think BIP asked for teddy socks. Well here ya go old flick trench no.2 teddy and a extra bonus fleece hi-tec socks and original tartan sit down teddy hat.

Yes. Very nice. The vintage accessories are like their own whole universe.

and Ralph is still all over the place when it comes to sizing . Lol

Ain't that the truth.

Obviously, a lot of the funny sized stuff listed on the bay are just kids items that the sellers don't realize are kids items. Then, you have the whole overseas sizing adjustments. Any time I buy pretty much anything on ebay (unless I've already had the item), I ask for measurements. Usually, the label gives you a good idea of the fit, but there are always those unfortunate surprises every now and then.

Canyon Collection starting to trickle in

Saw both of these lined up with a serape print pair. These 2 are up, no serape. Hopefully it's an instore exclusive and they didn't scrape em.

Last edited:
I appreciate that @ Uniquekickz

@RockSteady - I just didn't feel like going into detail, but when you guys are ready to shop PM and I will assist, keep in mind I will not order one item for you unless it is expensive, so your order has to at least be a handful of items for it to be worth while, I can't stress this enough. I get numerous PMs with 2 shirts, just isn't worth the time, not trying to be an A hole but thats what it is.

Frank - Are those shoes super comfy? I used to see a lot of chicks wearing them and now I notice they make them for men

Those slippers are hit or miss Kush you have to try them on in person to get a feel for them honestly, but for the most part they feel like heavier toms

Back
Top Bottom