**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

So it looks like RL has decided to reclaim older pieces and resell them at undisclosed inquiry only prices. I remember there being a collectibles portion of the site before, which had previously focused on random items for the home or office, hell I think he even had a dinosaur egg on there at one point. But if memory serves I have seen this women's vest on Ebay!

http://rlvintage.com/shop checkout some of the sold out pieces (not sure how long this side of the site has been up for so many items to be sold out) but one of them includes a Beacon coat that looks eerily similar to the one from Dumb & Dumber!! LOL

^great post.

I remember that women's vest going for little or nothing years ago. As a matter of fact, 75% of those pieces are straight from ebay. I had the painted Indian Head Leather Jacket on a hanger for 3 years before I sold it to another collector. Brilliant of Ralph to tap in to the vintage reseller's market. And speaking of dumb and dumber, it's crazy how many movies casts are outfitted by RL. I was watching The Sitter last night and saw the actors draped in peices from every line.

:wow: at the Bring It Back!!! Ralph is letting the consumers deside which Iconic Items to bring back.
The first Item up is the knit Polo Bear Sweater.

Last edited:
^great post.
I remember that women's vest going for little or nothing years ago. As a matter of fact, 75% of those pieces are straight from ebay. I had the painted Indian Head Leather Jacket on a hanger for 3 years before I sold it to another collector. Brilliant of Ralph to tap in to the vintage reseller's market. And speaking of dumb and dumber, it's crazy how many movies casts are outfitted by RL. I was watching The Sitter last night and saw the actors draped in peices from every line.
eek.gif
at the Bring It Back!!! Ralph is letting the consumers deside which Iconic Items to bring back.
The first Item up is the knit Polo Bear Sweater.
i saw those items about a month ago when i posted the link about the RL vintage collectors (http://www.ralphlauren.co.jp/about-vintage/collectors/index). i wonder why its not available on the US site?

SMB, it would be cool if this were true!

^^ yea that Bring it Back campaign is great! Outlet sales of Polo Bear shirts are always great, they turn over HUGE volume of that merchandise. A lot of it ends up overseas, travelers come here and raid the outlets of those Polo Bear tees specifically and then resell for BIG money back in their home country. It will be interesting to see where this goes!

I thought I would post some of my first round draft picks of the season:

1 of the beacon shirts is from the outlet while all the others are either from RL.com or Macys. Clearly I am a fiend for beacon. I like the flexibility of the beacon workshirts and jaquards because you can get them fitted for normal wear, or size up to wear them like a CPO jacket. A lot of the beacons posted actually look great when left unbuttoned and worn over Rugby's "Beacon" Indian Head Patch rugby from last fall, the color stories all seem to work.

Those 2 Indian Head patches pictured are clearly not Rugby, they are actually vintage deadstock patches from the 50's era! As you can see the patches are huge! Probably going to add them to one of my D&S Jackets. Oh, and I HATE the way the Indian Chief Denim Jacket fits, so I will be getting creative with it soon :smile:

^^ yea that Bring it Back campaign is great! Outlet sales of Polo Bear shirts are always great, they turn over HUGE volume of that merchandise. A lot of it ends up overseas, travelers come here and raid the outlets of those Polo Bear tees specifically and then resell for BIG money back in their home country. It will be interesting to see where this goes!

1 of the beacon shirts is from the outlet while all the others are either from RL.com or Macys. Clearly I am a fiend for beacon. I like the flexibility of the beacon workshirts and jaquards because you can get them fitted for normal wear, or size up to wear them like a CPO jacket. A lot of the beacons posted actually look great when left unbuttoned and worn over Rugby's "Beacon" Indian Head Patch rugby from last fall, the color stories all seem to work.

Those 2 Indian Head patches pictured are clearly not Rugby, they are actually vintage deadstock patches from the 50's era! As you can see the patches are huge! Probably going to add them to one of my D&S Jackets. Oh, and I HATE the way the Indian Chief Denim Jacket fits, so I will be getting creative with it soon :smile:

awesome stuff, GK. :smokin

I always wondered.. Were you ever able to find the grey suede hoody we had talked about some time ago? It came out maybe a couple years ago? Seen it once at the RL store and was gone a week later.

Supermanblue79 - Am I trippin, or was it you that copped it?

Last edited:
a new bear knit would cause mayhem these days lmao. can't believe that western cowboy is ranked at #1, i don't want to see that, rather have that retro executive bear.

Went in hardbody! Literally every piece I've been EYEing :pimp:

^Polo Sport, It's true.
thanks for the heads up, i was reading this article a few days ago and it didnt really allude to bringing it back (as opposed to being able to buy some vintage samples), but the link you posted definitely does.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/11/09/fashion-the-new-magic-of-vintage-ralph-lauren.html
a new bear knit would cause mayhem these days lmao. can't believe that western cowboy is ranked at #1, i don't want to see that, rather have that retro executive bear.
yeah jay, i voted for the executive bear as well, crazy that it's trailing in last place. 

i wonder, even with the large amount of "collectors" out there that are into all the 90s bold & flashy goodness, how it's such a small niche compared to other collectors. the RL Vintage site is a great example - Divine Bradley's collection, obviously the standout to me, is just 1 of 8 other collectors on the site. 

Last edited:
I think the cowboy bear is going to win no matter what, cuz that one IS Ralph Lauren himself. He is ALWAYS in some of his western apparel (usually all RRL or vintage americana) when he walks the end of runway shows.

Thanks for posting the RLVintage link. Learned something new, today. Once my license is back in working order, I'll drive out to the old crib and make a worthwhile contribution to this thread again.

awesome stuff, GK. :smokin
I always wondered.. Were you ever able to find the grey suede hoody we had talked about some time ago? It came out maybe a couple years ago? Seen it once at the RL store and was gone a week later.
Supermanblue79 - Am I trippin, or was it you that copped it?
I did purchase one back then, but I'm pretty sure that it wasn't from the exact store.

Is the mailer regarding the Nov. 16th Sale for Outlet Stores or Flagships?

Last edited:
I did purchase one back then, but I'm pretty sure that it wasn't from the exact store.
Is the mailer regarding the Nov. 16th Sale for Outlet Stores or Flagships?
outlet stores, seems like everyone is starting their black friday level sales way early. with 40% off lowest price I just hope there are some worthwhile pieces to choose from!

I just recently bought the rugby leather varsity jacket and i own a couple other pieces like the rugby patched cardigan but there's one piece i would like to add to my collection that i waited too long to get when it was out and im also interested in finding a snow beach jacket i know they r rare and expensive but i always wanted one

Last edited:
does anyone have any extra coupons for the 40%off; if so can yal pm and i can def hook it up for the nice deed
thanks

does anyone have any extra coupons for the 40%off; if so can yal pm and i can def hook it up for the nice deed
thanks

Just remember me gang!

PS: As per the last thread on the Yuku system, I would ask kindly that we all try to assist each other in the "hunt" for goodies. This is best done by posting an image of the RL price tag. The main things needed to assist others locate goods is the UPC number and RL style number. Price also helps sales associates locate pieces.

^aren't factory stores always having the extra 30% off lowest ticketed price? last i remember the rl outlet store closest to me always has that "extra 30% off" sign on their window. 

maybe its just that particular outlet tho im not sure. might swing by that new livermore store after work

gourmetkickz-

You are the MAN! thanks alot. thats def the spirit we need around here.

Ive been busy with school and work but i start posting up recent/past pick up I havnt gotten the chance to share.

^aren't factory stores always having the extra 30% off lowest ticketed price? last i remember the rl outlet store closest to me always has that "extra 30% off" sign on their window. 
maybe its just that particular outlet tho im not sure. might swing by that new livermore store after work

I used to be a manager for an outlet store, so here is the signage explanation as per a corporate email that went out as a result of many customers calling complaining:

the sign u are speaking of that is up at pretty much all times read something like "Prices up to 30% regular pricing" or "30% off regular prices" or something similar
THIS 30% off speaks to the outlet level pricing (without markdown or promo)be as much as a 30% normal retail price savings when compared to department store or full retail pricing (original price versus "our price" on the tag). THIS 30% sign does NOT speak to a store-wide promo or markdown.

The flyer I posted and the campaign run EVERY black friday is "30% off lowest marked prices" so that means it is on top of an in addition to whatever current markdowns are on the tag. The "40% when presenting this coupon" tacks another 10% to this storewide 30% but only from the 16th to and including the 21st.

Hope that explains it!

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Good lookin out. So do you just print that off or can i show it off my phone? I'm wondering since that looks like a mailed flyer.

Back
Top Bottom