**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Thanks fellas

yeah I tired to clean up Macy's but that just a small little dent in all the stuff I still want from Macy's and Bloomingdales and the stuff on my wish list on ralphlauren.com

I was just looking at my Macy's receipts and since the last two 25% off sales at Macy's I've spent around $1,500 and that just since the first week of August, that's not counting the first 7 months of the year, damn it I have a habit
mean.gif
, lol, I need to chill

Last edited:
Nice polopirate polopirate

Btw anyone truly interested in the "Polo" script fitted hats, that are not in NYC, could probably call the store an order. Mine came from the warehouse, which they ordered online.

Thanks fellas

yeah I tired to clean up Macy's but that just a small little dent in all the stuff I still want from Macy's and Bloomingdales and the stuff on my wish list on ralphlauren.com

I was just looking at my Macy's receipts and since the last two 25% off sales at Macy's I've spent around $1,500 and that just since the first week of August, that's not counting the first 7 months of the year, damn it I have a habit
mean.gif
, lol, I need to chill
i havent seen that license t at macys 34th st, which one did u go to?

Gonna pick up my pennant polo today. Gonna double up, and hopefully they get a price drop in a couple weeks. Also gonna have to stock locate the multi-color oxford. Hell, I should just get the multi-color rugby too.

Nice backpack. I picked up a similar D&S, same construction, different design.

So I called the flagship store and the lady tells me the script hat is a store exclusive and the sizes run S - L. I'm pretty sure I need an XL. Before I order a L and pay $15 shipping, can anyone give me some sizing advice? Do the hats run big? I wear a 7 5/8 fitted...

The mighty Pee Wee Kirkland rocking the classic long sleeve golf piece...

Seen while watching a basketball documentary...

Getting ready for winter b ball leagues and hyping myself up lol

Nice backpack. I picked up a similar D&S, same construction, different design.

So I called the flagship store and the lady tells me the script hat is a store exclusive and the sizes run S - L. I'm pretty sure I need an XL. Before I order a L and pay $15 shipping, can anyone give me some sizing advice? Do the hats run big? I wear a 7 5/8 fitted...

I given a few people this advice. It's hard to give this kind of advice for fitteds, but here's my take.

First I'll start by saying that Polo Sport wears a 7 3/8 fitted and he went to the store and decided he was a S. I wear a 7 3/8 fitted as well, went to the store, tried them on, and decided I was an L. This was probably more of a function of how he likes to wear his hats versus how I do.

I think the bigger difference in how the sizes fit is their depth vs. their circumference. The had no more Ls in navy, so I bought an M in that color. It fits me very similar around the head, but sits a bit higher. I tend to wear my fitteds pretty low, so I prefer the L. (Disclaimer - I am a few weeks past due for a haircut :tongue:) If you're a 7 5/8, I wouldn't automatically assume that an L would not fit.

Did Sway cut off his dreads? I think I just saw him here in Macy's.

And no more pennant polos in store.

I like to rock mine a little more fitted so that makes sense BIP. Smoke Dog if you're trying to put your ears in the hat I'm guessing a L at the minimum. RL.com has free shipping on $125 orders or more right now so if you're looking at anything else maybe the store will honor the free shipping?

Math, have you seen this hat in any catalogues?

I misplaced my giveaway catelog from the store, but I asked about that hat while I was there (keep in mind the salespeople in that store are not RL enthusiast, if you gotta pull the shirt of the shelf to tell me if fits custom fit or not, you suck Lol) there go to line is "hmmm I gotta check about that" or "let ask so an so" long story short
"they don't have the answers!"

Btw Math, this is the camo coat I was referring to with the orange lining, it has a removable hood with dark brown corduroy accents.

Last edited:
We don't have the answers....

Haha. Well played!!

I misplaced my giveaway catelog from the store, but I asked about that hat while I was there (keep in mind the salespeople in that store are not RL enthusiast, if you gotta pull the shirt of the shelf to tell me if fits custom fit or not, you suck Lol) there go to line is "hmmm I gotta check about that" or "let ask so an so" long story short
"they don't have the answers!"

Btw Math, this is the camo coat I was referring to with the orange lining, it has a removable hood with dark brown corduroy accents.

Ain't that the truth. I usually don't get angry at people who work at retail for not being experts, but not so good.

There are no more script hats in the store.

I stopped in again hoping to get a set for somebody from out of town.

I asked an associate about the hats and he didn't know what I was talking about - I was like, you know - the hats that were on this table earlier this week, that have been probably selling better than any other item in the store.

He asked me if I had a pic. I said I did. So, I pull out my phone and he and another associate crowd around. I start filpping through pics. So, he's like okay - let me check. Goes to ask another guy and then while I'm waiting for the other guy to check and after he saw some of the other pics I scrolled through to bring up that pic, he gave me a look like the lightbulb went off, like "ooh, you're one of those guys." haha.

Last edited:
BIP I had the same issue with that hat as well, I had a better chance of getting the secret recipe from the colonel at KFC.

I'm talking to a salesperson at 5th ave almost like I'm talking to an enthusiast here on NT, but all I get is a "deer in headlights" look. They really don't know much, everything is "hmm let me go check" I mean the item could be right in front of them. I mean basic stuff like "does this come in any other colors?" "Is this sweater wool or cotton" even ordering my hat took a minimum of 3 people, not counting the people who went to look for it in the stockroom.

It's funny because a handful of guys from this thread, could probably out sell all the employees at that store...real talk
Something else I noticed, A higher level salesperson in the store dress like there in a RL catelog, everyone else wear a colored crew neck lamb wool sweater

Security wears a navy or black polo

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom