**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

^ This one's back but with the new blue/yellow labelling swapped into it.
Had the original dark green hand knit one and sold it a bit ago but was wondering is this hand knit as well?

Really think the light olive compliments the design more than the original dark green. I like it.
happy.gif

Had the original dark green hand knit one and sold it a bit ago but was wondering is this hand knit as well?

Really think the light olive compliments the design more than the original dark green. I like it.
happy.gif
i have this one from the retail stores and not the outlets, only worn once and it started pilling already. horrible quality.

The original version was well crafted & thick as hell. It held up pretty well and was able to sell it for a decent price due to it being in great shape after over a decade. But it was too small for me & itchy as hell. Guess they just threw out a cheap reissue but I still like the color better than the old.

The Rugby joint is still my favorite duck sweater. Handknit and was about $400 I believe. Had it for years and it's still in great condition.

Regarding the duck, It's definitely not as thick as other sweaters. Sucks to hear about the quality on it, Polo Sport.

I already know the itchy feeling Slunder's talking about. Reason why I don't wear my Sportsman graphic sweater often.

Yeah, Buffalo side.
This is the shirt (bad lighting, sorry)

Was 69.99 + 30% off, then an additional 25‰ off for buying the $5 literacy bookmark.

Managed to track one down at Niagara on the Lake, albeit way further than I'd like to go, Halton's been sold out for a couple weeks now. Thanks for the pic!

Last edited:
Speaking of quality, am I the only one who feels a lot of these pieces in this Fall collection have shoddy craftsmanship?

I was planning on picking up a blue quilted jacket this year, to finish up the trifecta (green, black & blue) of colors, but this years offerings are whack aesthetically and feel cheap.

Last edited:
Speaking of quality, am I the only one who feels a lot of these pieces in this Fall collection have shoddy craftsmanship?

I was planning on picking up a blue quilted jacket this year, to finish up the trifecta (green, black & blue) of colors, but this years offerings are whack aesthetically and feel cheap.

The Cadwell quilted jackets are pretty thin and cheap. I got a green one from last fall. However the brooks quilted car coats from last year were pretty good quality. Of course they came with a higher price tag

http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/1182073/width/400/height/400[/IMG camo nice in person would have copped if fit was classic, mallard corduroy was $79 along with khaki with dogs on it and the navy blue with the shield print all over it.[/quote]

Was this in charleston? If so did they have a lot of sizes of the camo joint and did you see the duck sweater?

Was this in charleston? If so did they have a lot of sizes of the camo joint and did you see the duck sweater?
they only had around six shirts out as of Friday, maybe they had more in the back, didn't see the duck sweater tho...they had a few items of interest, worth a look if you're in the area.

The green graphic b-down is okay - just okay - it's the sleeves that I don't really like.

Last edited:
Pirate, rocket fuel over the last few pages.
Great stuff guys, especially the duck sweater posts.

My favorite RL Duck Sweater has to be the purple label patchwork knit blazer. Quality was super on this piece
500x1000px-LL-3dc2fa7b_P1010312.jpeg

I wonder if the swatch used here is from Rugby, Polo, or on made unique for this patchwork. Looks more like the Polo, but it's ribbed...
images

@Frank, Northern Brights collection looks like it's geared towards Black Label buyers and EU. Lots of those pieces were part of the Black Label Denim
collection from last fall. The shearlings were blue instead of black. Do you have a pic of the new patchwork blazer for Fall 14'? I'm hoping it is native
American themed...

All of this. They don't even use the suede or leather trim on the collars and cuffs on the takedown versions this year. If you fun across one of the older a leather versions, I suggest you buy it because they are harder to find now. I have a few of these and quality isincredile.
350x700px-LL-7d14439d_P1010024.jpeg

Last edited:

My favorite RL Duck Sweater has to be the purple label patchwork knit blazer. Quality was super on this piece

I wonder if the swatch used here is from Rugby, Polo, or on made unique for this patchwork. Looks more like the Polo, but it's ribbed...

@Frank, Northern Brights collection looks like it's geared towards Black Label buyers and EU. Lots of those pieces were part of the Black Label Denim
collection from last fall. The shearlings were blue instead of black. Do you have a pic of the new patchwork blazer for Fall 14'? I'm hoping it is native
American themed...

That PL piece is killin it bro, you always come through with the standouts.

Yea I was thinking the same thing about Nordic Brights when I first saw it, very EU. Heavy on the all black theme just like Black Label. But there is also more to it than meets the eye. This is the collection with all the christmas sweaters and whatnot. Reindeers and intarsia knits. Theres a flag knit turtleneck as well as some other very brightly colored patterns. Also I see a few pairs of those RLX Search & Rescue Cargos I missed out on this past spring.

This the only pic I have, I think this blazer is in the nordic brights collection as opposed to the americana and is more holiday themed than indian themed. I could be wrong though. I expect the finished product to look much different than this sketch in terms or patch placement and color but it's something.

^ Much appreciated Frank. I see that the swawl could be made from different pieces of fabric. This will be the best quality patchwork for 14' based on the construction if it makes it to stores this way. I wouldn't be surprised at a $2k price tag.

That's purple label though.

We're too poor for that.

^ Much appreciated Frank. I see that the swawl could be made from different pieces of fabric. This will be the best quality patchwork for 14' based on the construction if it makes it to stores this way. I wouldn't be surprised at a $2k price tag.

It was listed at $1500, 100% wool. Seems cheap based on recent pricing.

Via getthelo

Cookie patches are back? Not crazy about the linings on any of these, but hopefully the patch lands on a basic hoodie/crewneck.

Last edited:
Meh to those sweatjackets.

I could maybe rock with a hoody or two if they dropped those and they went on sale.

They should do cookie patch beanies. Monotones with the patch and/or old cookie CWs combo two-tones: royal/yellow, royal/red, black/red, red or royal/white, etc.

Just check the UK version of the RL.com website to see items a couple weeks early.

Last edited:
Stopped by the 5th Avenue store today and picked up a set of the script fitteds.

I need a satin script jacket and red canvas highs....or green lows, then I could do the whole pic with lows. ...Actually, if I had those two, I could do the pic with complete highs, lows, and mids.

^Nice Middy, the hats look good.
@Mucus- I waited for the clearance sale as usual.

It was listed at $1500, 100% wool. Seems cheap based on recent pricing.
Does seem underpriced the way this season is going. I'll have to see the finished product.

This is probably the most frustrating piece of the season for me when it comes to the level of quality and the price tag.
I was disappointed that the patchwork wasn't done on the sleeves, but :wow: damn! at the back...absolutely nothing.
This thing is put together like a mullet.

Still lots of quality items to choose from so I'm not too discouraged, but I'll need to see an 80% price drop before I even think about this one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom