**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

I know it ain't Ralph tho. But still it's as close as I'll ever get to the real thing.

get a refund ASAP.

:rofl:

I wonder if Macy's will get the cheaper variant again this year, like they did last go around

I believe the Macy's version was $225 and the one on the RL website was $298

I don't know how they can make this bear sweater any cheaper.

I know it ain't Ralph tho. But still it's as close as I'll ever get to the real thing.

get a refund ASAP.

Exactly. Just don't do it.

The idea of clothes is that they are supposed to say something about you. Think long and hard about what wearing that would say about you, and then consider if you want to wear it.

I guess they hired some ex JB execs, smh. RL has been that way for years for some as far as outlets, discount stores, and clearance. I recall telling peeps in the early 90s that I copped such and such at lets say valley fair and they would look at me like, "they sell RL?" So I guess they're remastering too now! LOL

But, that's the opposite of what JB is doing. JB had become officiial bird wear. Exclusivity this and that, you can't spit on the street without hitting a pair of Jordans being worn by somebody who works part time at Subway. That's what RL is trying to avoid. JB is not in the "designer" or "luxury" sneaker market at all.

Here's a close up.....he looks a little bloated here (the bear). Lol

Navy on navy is not doing it.

And he got them from the 92' catalog.
Not claiming them Sherlock all my claims have watermarks.

But thanks for the info and dude's collection is crazy.

So, you watermark all your pics, but don't give credit when you take somebody else's? For the record, those catalog photos are ridiculously hard to come by. IMO, Jon shouldn't have even posted them on the internet, but that's not my decision to make.

Last edited:
What's up with the RL hoarding last seasons items on their website as clearance when price isn't really that cheap??????????
All of the great info dropped about limited availability of certain collections, rumors of RRL brand no longer going to outlets, and the price increases all point to repositioning Ralph Lauren as the luxury brand that it is intended to be. They want this new Polo tag to really mean something.

From the business side of things it's a perfect formula. You can lower quality and raise prices because of the exclusivity of Brand. RL doesn't want to become the brand that people only buy at outlets, chain discount stores, and on clearance.
I guess they hired some ex JB execs, smh. RL has been that way for years for some as far as outlets, discount stores, and clearance. I recall telling peeps in the early 90s that I copped such and such at lets say valley fair and they would look at me like, "they sell RL?" So I guess they're remastering too now! LOL

But, that's the opposite of what JB is doing. JB had become officiial bird wear. Exclusivity this and that, you can't spit on the street without hitting a pair of Jordans being worn by somebody who works part time at Subway. That's what RL is trying to avoid. JB is not in the "designer" or "luxury" sneaker market at all.

Raise prices lower quality, check. limited availabilty of certain models, check . I also recall last year or the year before JB stating their retro's would no longer be going to outlets and closing a lot of mom and pop accounts because their stores didn't measure up to the standard of where JB wanted it's product. JB may not be a luxury brand but I'd consider it a designer brand all day errday. JB made an attempt at luxury with the 400 shine but you see where that went.

Last edited:
they should of did black with the rl2000 ski bear..... at the very lease it should of been another color.

Their were many directions RL could of went with the bear sweater, it's pretty obvious due to the success of last yr bear sweater they decide to capitalize on it again this yr with another. Because before last yr the last bear was in 2001 (not considering outlet bear sweater). This is great for those that may be just starting a collection with last yrs bear.

But out of all the bears they could've went with, this is the WORST option. Last yr we saw them reintroduce many bears mostly on Polo's shirts, hoodies and hats (number #2 bear, RL2000, stand up flag and Martini bear). They could've simply did the western bear, since it was a potential option a couple yr back. Or if your pick out the lot of bear from last yr, the Martini in crew neck would've been perfect for the holidays.

To make it simple RL just have a voting poll again, because I'm certain this bear would not have won, if there were other options.
Here's were my vote would've went, since it's never been done before as a knit sweater

Lol don't even care still grabbin to add to the collection.
...and this why quality will not be a priority when it comes to items like this, because RL knows that buyers will purchase anything that reminds them of the glory days of polo.

Middy, the reason they did the USA bear this year is exactly what you said, to capitalize. RL saves by using cotton instead of wool, and its cheaper to sew an outline of a sweater instead of stitching a different color sweater for the bear. Last year's was limited, so those that missed will be buying this one. It all equals profits.

ASAP Ferg compares Ralphie to Elijah Muhammad... :smh:

he choice of person reference is awful...

Ralphie is more like Steve Jobs, a man that made his brand into damn near a religion and lifestyle...

Last edited:
Hate the oversized pony :x

And tbh, at this point,I prefer the polos and oxfords sans pony.

Besides, oversized pony plus sleeve number plus crest :lol:. Overkill imo.

So, you watermark all your pics, but don't give credit when you take somebody else's? For the record, those catalog photos are ridiculously hard to come by. IMO, Jon shouldn't have even posted them on the internet, but that's not my decision to make.
Actually Captain Conclusion I got them from here http://bobbysays.tumblr.com/ and he did not list the credit so how am supposed to know it's from your mans and them.
eyes.gif

I had never heard of dude till Nunz posted about him.

Not to mention it's a catalog photo ya'll need to tone it down over a catalog pic. I can understand defending your homie or somebodies collection being claimed by somebody else but posting pics that are already on the internet for people to see and enjoy is really not that serious. There's rules to the game and all but I thought this thread was about sharing all things Ralph related we enjoy and feel others might. I was racking Lo when a lot of ya'll were wearing Cross Colors & PNB so peace and love but I ain't trying to hear too much BS over a damn tumblr pick. On that note back to our to our regularly scheduled Logram. It's all good.
wink.gif

Last edited:
Actually Captain Conclusion I got them from here http://bobbysays.tumblr.com/ and he did not list the credit so how am supposed to know it's from your mans and them. :rolleyes
I had never heard of dude till Nunz posted about him.

Not to mention it's a catalog photo ya'll need to tone it down over a catalog pic. I can understand defending your homie or somebodies collection being claimed by somebody else but posting pics that are already on the internet for people to see and enjoy is really not that serious. There's rules to the game and all but I thought this thread was about sharing all things Ralph related we enjoy and feel others might. I was racking Lo when a lot of ya'll were wearing Cross Colors & PNB so peace and love but I ain't trying to hear too much BS over a damn tumblr pick. On that note back to our to our regularly scheduled Logram. It's all good.:wink:  

that tumblr is amazing...:smokin

Back
Top Bottom