**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

I don't mind the NY, don't even notice it at times. I don't rock with Indian head stuff though. That's just wrong in my eyes. (In ATL btw)

Word. I love Polo and all but I wont rock any Indian head stuff either.
It comes down to personal choice. and I have to respect this. I also have stayed away from Indian head peices and only buy the native American patterns over the years because of this... until last Spring when I bought the Buffalo Bill inspired chief shirt since it was more of a tribute IMO.

Personal ethics and morals have nothing to do with being labeled as an ingredient.

Last edited:
anyone know if this is legit? i'm skeptical

Pieces with countries >> pieces with states on them...

Anything with NYC on it is a go... unless its big doofy bold letters across the chest...

Why is rocking a Indian dissing?

Once my RRL jeans come in the mail I'm a post my haul this past month
nerd.gif
There are plenty of articles online that touch on this.  Matter of fact, someone just posted one a few pages back.

It depends on who you talk to though.  Some may see his depictions of Native Americans as racist or his use of Native American imagery as offensive.  For many, it boils down to culture appropriation tough.  He's using this imagery and symbolism of items that held a special place in Native American culture (ie. the headdress, beacon prints) to market and sell his clothing.

I don't knock anyone who wears it, I just try to avoid it myself. Same how guys said they would rock NY pieces.

Damn, that moto jacket is pretty dope besides the horse hair. Nice little subtle details. Nice pickup :smokin

Last edited:
It just reminds me of this:

*shrugs. RL does not need to resort to this kind of futility.
RL has been using the Indian Head logos on their clothing for many years before A&F and other mall chain stores...and more than a decade before this new wave of cultural awareness. At this point, RL is carrying on their own heritage by continuing to use the Indian Head logo.

Outside of the 2014 patchwork and the spring casual, I've stayed away from it because of my own personal choices. But I don't knock anyone that chooses to wear it. Especially those that wear it because of the connection of the logo to the Ralph Lauren brand.

Last edited:
Do denim and supply sweaters run smaller/bigger than polo sweaters? I wear medium in the few polo hoodies I have, gonna order a couple d&s crew necks and trying to make sure I order the right sizes.. Any help would be appreciated..

Back
Top Bottom