**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Wow this jersey is fresh

I would hazard to bet that RLX is getting rebranded as Polo Sport. Recently there has been a move away from RLX as a stand alone brand, and pieces from RLX have been mixed heavily with Polo.
I agree. Ralph Lauren is really starting to take a Nike, Inc. style approach to retroing clothing. We've gone from one limited Bear sweater, to four bear sweaters in just two seasons. And Spring 15' is the rebirth of bold graphics on everything from socks to rugbys, not to mention the return of the Indian Chief sweater. That said, no reason why RL wouldn't bring Polo Sport back when there's so much money to be made.

lmao, same bear, different clothes. smh.

rlx was the new polo sport after polo sport was ended. they probably realized by now that rlx doesn't sell well enough by it's own label, and with the return of the polo sport label, it's easier for consumers to identify polo with the name "polo sport".

how much do you guys normally buy your RRL jeans for? i'm a big fan of the regular RL slim fit jeans and I already have several pairs and thinking about switching over.

Last edited:
The Polo Sport line used to have great caps, hopefully some styles will be brought back.  Good to see the styling of the logo is very similar to the classic logo/font as well.

Last edited:
how much do you guys normally buy your RRL jeans for? i'm a big fan of the regular RL slim fit jeans and I already have several pairs and thinking about switching over.

I have paid as little as $7 per pair (outlet purge of PSR bottoms when I worked there) and as much as $200+
In the aggregate I look to balance high end purchases with steals.

I washed my RRL raw slims for the first time in 2 years a couple of weeks ago. Damn those things fit tight now. Hoping they soften up and maybe stretch a little bit to be more comfortable.

Jus stopped thru my local outlet. 30% off clearance and random markdowns. Gothic P sweater I want still not marked down yet. Jus picked up a few clearance things. They had some new RLX racing items...other then that it was dull...

Last edited:
I would hazard to bet that RLX is getting rebranded as Polo Sport. Recently there has been a move away from RLX as a stand alone brand, and pieces from RLX have been mixed heavily with Polo.
I agree. Ralph Lauren is really starting to take a Nike, Inc. style approach to retroing clothing. We've gone from one limited Bear sweater, to four bear sweaters in just two seasons. And Spring 15' is the rebirth of bold graphics on everything from socks to rugbys, not to mention the return of the Indian Chief sweater. That said, no reason why RL wouldn't bring Polo Sport back when there's so much money to be made.

I've been saying this for awhile now, RL is definitely doing the retro thing, a page out of the Jordan Brand book. Polo Sport is slowly making it's way back, RLX is now under blue label and like a mentioned last season, it will be more higher end materials with the RLX technology incorporated. PS will take the place of RLX for the regular performance gear.

Anyway, new bears for fall.

Fall 2015 Collections: Defender, Adirondack, McQueen (Steve?), Loft and Holiday.

Last edited:
I've been saying this for awhile now, RL is definitely doing the retro thing, a page out of the Jordan Brand book. Polo Sport is slowly making it's way back, RLX is now under blue label and like a mentioned last season, it will be more higher end materials with the RLX technology incorporated. PS will take the place of RLX for the regular performance gear.

Anyway, new bears for fall.

Fall 2015 Collections: Defender, Adirondack, McQueen (Steve?), Loft and Holiday.

Thanks for the info Frank. I still don't own one of the retro verionss, but a new martini bear wool/cashmere knit would definitely push me to buy.

lmao, it really is the same bear, different clothes hahahhaha.

when i say it's the same bear, the bear is holding the same pose / stance as the recent bears from F/W 2014, just different clothes. SMH.

if the concept design were true in relation to the bear size to the sweater, then i'd be more on board for these. but in comparison, the bear is on that health diet and slim compared to the overall shape of the sweater.

Fourpins.com has a lot of fall 2015 items posted for those interested.

Some of the pieces that stood out to me. there are a lot of cargo and tapered sweat pants set to release.

I'm really liking the whole fit on this last pic.
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

I'm saying..

I wouldn't say never wash your denim.

Trust me, I've held out until I absolutely HAD to. A good year or two into wearing them (posted in the denim thread) . Not RRL, I've been wearing the Flat Head for the past 6 years.

regardless, once you wear them enough the smell/toxicity should force you to wash them. lol

depending on the frequency you wear them and where you actually where them can make this vary though...

Gourmet - what up, tho?! Dope fits as usual, b.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom