**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Anyway....

-_____-

That's disturbing.
Not sure if New Yorkers are aware but there is a RL open at the Deer Park outlets now. Had zip up small bear hoods and big pony puffer vests from last few years.

Last edited:
I feel like real fur on the Tillery Twill Jacket would have made it much more attractive to me. 

I went by Ontario Mills today. The entire store is on sale EXCEPT for the bear items. 

The bear sweaters are sitting , full size run, because no one will touch them at full price.

However, the store manager told me that they had to move them from by the door because lo heads boosted a couple. LOL

Employee discount is 5 items at 50% off but the bear items are off limits. 

If the bears are still around by Thanksgiving week, the entire store will be 30 or 40% off.

I went by Ontario Mills today. The entire store is on sale EXCEPT for the bear items. 

The bear sweaters are sitting , full size run, because no one will touch them at full price.

However, the store manager told me that they had to move them from by the door because lo heads boosted a couple. LOL

Employee discount is 5 items at 50% off but the bear items are off limits. 

If the bears are still around by Thanksgiving week, the entire store will be 30 or 40% off.
you think for Black Friday, theyll pull any fast ones and not include the bear items or even worst just remove any off the floor all together?

^^^^^^^^^^ You ask an intriguing question: Will the bear sweaters, hoodies, and polos be excluded from the discount  Thanksgiving week? 

To my experience, all items , no matter the price point or exclusivity, are in play. I did note that during the recent Friends/Family event, the bear sweaters mysteriously disappeared from RL.com. The factory store may do things differently. In fairness, the bear items at the factory store just arrived last week, so I wouldn't expect them to be marked down for a few weeks.

^^^^^^^^Definitely overrated at $300. Real talk.

With that said, I skipped all bear products last year and have no problem doing it again this year. I refuse to be a fool and pay any stupid price. For Polo bear collectors, price may not be an issue. For me, I can live without it. 

For Polo bear collectors, price may not be an issue. For me, I can live without it. 
That comment from that user name tho...:rofl:
I feel you %100 though.:tongue:
Those Ski bear sweaters quality last year were sub-par the lint and wool balls were popping off it fresh out the bag. I'm straight off ever doing over $150 on any new bear sweaters. ***** just a cash grab for Ralph now a days and from what I'm hearing people ain't going for it no more.

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^^ You ask an intriguing question: Will the bear sweaters, hoodies, and polos be excluded from the discount  Thanksgiving week? 

To my experience, all items , no matter the price point or exclusivity, are in play. I did note that during the recent Friends/Family event, the bear sweaters mysteriously disappeared from RL.com. The factory store may do things differently. In fairness, the bear items at the factory store just arrived last week, so I wouldn't expect them to be marked down for a few weeks.
With numbers limited in the bear items I almost think they might not b around for Black Friday. More stock could come in but I know for the ski bear sweater, my local has about 10 total. Will be interesting to see how it's handled going forward tho

Last edited:
I agree. The stores in the Los Angeles area (Ontario Mills and Camarillo) have about 10 also. It's a long time until Thanksgiving so they may be sold out by that time. There's one store (Cabazon/Palm Springs) that may have a big shipment because they are a flagship/pinnacle store. They are number 4 in sales in the entire company (factory stores) so they get exclusives, quickstrikes, etc. We will see...

It looks like Purple Label is in it's last phase. I've noticed that it's being changed over to "Ralph Lauren" and that there are small "RL" logos showing up on many of the items.
I hope I'm wrong because the purple label with the "cursive ralph lauren" is my favorite label to see, but all signs point to the "ralph lauren" tagged luxury collection replacing the purple label.

This year's restructure is great for the outlets, but bad for the seasonal collections. I like that all of the Western/Native American wear has shifted to Double RL; seems like that's were it belongs. And it seems like purple label reached the peak of luxury and variety this year. Polo on the other hand has been disappointing since they shifted most of the focus to University style clothing, probably because the manufacturing costs are lower for these lines. I hope to see Polo bring back the Sportsman collections hiking/camping/hunting/military next year.

Until then, Im chasing the 2005-2015 items.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom