**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

^
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Always liked those tee colors, but the fabric is just too light, imo.

Nice pickups NT.

Did anybody make it through the sample sale, and did you buy anything? It looks like handful of people on IG came across some nice finds.

Last edited:
Props to Dave Lo

http://hypebeast.com/hb21ux4

Not quite sure what this means for us, but RL may officially call it quits next year. Their direction & design really needs revamping. They dropped the ball with Polo Sport. I understand the modern aspect, but they could have killed going with a retro tone.

RRL closed 2 stores in NY ... Bleeker street & Prince

Anyone guess how much longer till they include RRL in sale promotions?

If Im not mistaken, David was the man behind the bring it back bear campaign which allowed customers to vote on which bear sweater to be reissued in 2013. He was also the driving force behind RLVintage.com where RL baught and restored vintage clothing which was sold on the flagship site. He definitely will do a great job and seems to understand what customers want from the brand.

Former employee was dropping truth in those comments. Also what was said about Polo Sport being a completely missed opportunity with the rerelease. I was really looking forward to the Polo Sport line and then when it dropped it was beyond underwhelming. Hopefully his son can do some extensive overhauls & Hopefully it doesn't become like Izod as was stated but it has been a rough patch for Ralph the last 6 to 7 years a few highs and a lot of lows.(no pun intended)

Didnt they close a D&S store too?

Imo the only reason ralph is ralph is because they never answered to the trends of the moment. Looks like that may be what they wanna do going forward. This is a direct result of them now having shareholders to answer to instead of their own principles. If they choose to go this route they better get it right is all i can say otherwise they are gonna fall off hard.

Didnt they close a D&S store too?

Imo the only reason ralph is ralph is because they never answered to the trends of the moment. Looks like that may be what they wanna do going forward. This is a direct result of them now having shareholders to answer to instead of their own principles. If they choose to go this route they better get it right is all i can say otherwise they are gonna fall off hard.
Well, the company's been publicly traded for almost 20 years now.

The shoddy systems, lackluster designs, and dilution of the brand are some other factors. The extra compounder was the huge drop in stock price and ehh financials.

Last edited:
At the beginning  and end of the day, it's all about the product. Are we witnessing the slow death/decline of prep or has a new aesthetic replaced it ?(Fear of God, Yeezy, Zara, HM, Uniqlo, etc.)

A quick aside: In a conversation with the store manager at Ontario Mills, she said that Polo Sport is her worst selling shop. All of the items are regulary marked down 30%-50% off because lo heads and tourists alike are not feeling it. The consensus seems to be that it has been poorly executed. Perhaps Polo Sport can recover if they make 2017 a 25 year anniversary retrospective/reboot of the 1992 collection.

BklynStyleBaby- pleasure working with you but all love cause we had Yeezy transactions back in 09 lol

Damn heard nothing of a sample sale.

Perhaps Polo Sport can recover if they make 2017 a 25 year anniversary retrospective/reboot of the 1992 collection.

I'm a big fan of the old Polo Sport but we can't disregard the fact that of the number of people that would think it's fire there would be just as many that wanna complain how RL is always recycling designs.

Sample sale? Didn't hear of this. Where? When?
You needed an employee connection to get it.

Last edited:
^thnx really liking the jacket/coat wool outter and down inner its pretty warm, the hood, shoulders and elbow patches actually shift color, thought i was tripping. Things i dont like is that it doesnt have the northface type side pockets and only one interior pocket. But besides that the materials feel great and it is heavy. Not worth the retail price imo, but the f&f sale and the kush up made it a no brainer.

just curious is anybody interested in selling the gray wool polo bear sweater from 2 years ago i really wanna buy one sz Large. I keep trying ebay but nothing lmk

Back
Top Bottom