**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Welp bit the bullet

I did it for the culture my bad the bulture

Last edited:
Welp bit the bullet

I did it for the culture my bad the bulture
Great buy; I knew you were making room for a major pick up. It looks like this one is constructed like the RL Country blanket jackets. I hope RL does one in spring colors.

Last edited:
From SF

Also some of you may enjoy this (while not exactly RRL).

I attended a Filson & Friends event a week or so back where they invite locap artisans to showcase pop-up shops at yhe flagship store.

Wild Bill Cleaver was there and I had the opportunity to chat with Bill himself which was really awesome. For those of you unfamiliar with Bill, he is something of a legend in the western scene, having created period costumes for quite a few movies and also being the prototyper and consultant for quite a few large companies on leather goods. Most of the western inspired RL leather goods from the mid 90s to mid 00s were done by cleaver and most of the ad campaigns featured his one-off prototype designs.

I noticed an amazing belt on his table that I thought I recognized from some RL campaigns and inquired about it. Evidently, the belt was a scaled down replica of Ralph's own (the original being deemed too large for commercial success) which Cleaver had actually borrowed from Ralph at his RRL ranch to sketch (Ralph was too reluctant to part with it for more than a few hours). As recounted by Bill, the design was meant to be a part of the '06 collection but he wasn't sure if it ever made it to market. This belt sitting on the table was the lone prototype, all made by hand by Bill and his partner, a metal worker.

Sure enough, when I got home I flipped through my Taschen Ralph Lauren book and saw an ad featuring Ralph's own belt.

It was amazing to see this piece, hear the story of its inception, and know that this design in particular is not only authentic but near and dear to Ralph himself. It was even more amazing to negotiate to bring this piece of RL history home with me.

4b294011_20161029_141315.jpeg

3bc56172_20161029_141332.jpeg

Happy HalLOween ya'll...

P.s I know the tuxedo's are scarce but @ RL.com they got the Preppy Bear in all sizes and with the extra 15% on top of the sale plus free shipping it's going for like $160. Pretty good deal. Be safe ya'll.

Happy HalLOween ya'll...

P.s I know the tuxedo's are scarce but @ RL.com they got the Preppy Bear in all sizes and with the extra 15% on top of the sale plus free shipping it's going for like $160. Pretty good deal. Be safe ya'll.

Why won't RL bring the sheets back !!! I want the whole bedding set for my guest room.

Why won't RL bring the sheets back !!! I want the whole bedding set for my guest room.
They pop up all over eBay just kind of mix and matched. Only a few times I have seen the set together and even then it's only twin or full. RL been heavy on the bears the last year so hey you never know they might drop some bear bedding just to ride the wave. Definitely swooping two sets if that ever happens. :smokin

From RRL last year

From American Eagle this year

:Smh

I never did pull the trigger on the RRL due to the price. Obviously, the AE is cheaper (88% less MSRP lol) but made with lesser materials as well. I'm still looking...

They pop up all over eBay just kind of mix and matched. Only a few times I have seen the set together and even then it's only twin or full. RL been heavy on the bears the last year so hey you never know they might drop some bear bedding just to ride the wave. Definitely swooping two sets if that ever happens. :smokin

YEARS AGO I WAS ABLE TO COP THE KING SIZE POLO BEAR COMFORTOR AT WRENTHAM OUTLET . MOST COMFORTABLE AND WARM QUILT WE EVER OWNED. THEY SPECIAL ORDERED IT FOR ME AFTER I HAD PURCHASED 2 TWIN SIZE FOR MY SEEDS . TIME TO GET IT DRY CLEANED , GETTING COLD OUT

I ironically like the AE joint more, and obviously the price is much more malleable. Gonna have to keep an eye out for that.

Anyone know if NY flagship store on 5th ave stocks majority of RRL items that are on the website?

Got A Friends and Family Coupon Yesterday [emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127999[/emoji][emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127999[/emoji][emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127999[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127999[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127999[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127999[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127999[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom