**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Hey so ive been getting much more into Polo lately. I'm confused on the polo bear tee releases. Do they release a new one every month?

Damn Business Insider basically did a mini ether on the closing flagship store & brand in general. Worst part is they're right. :smh:

Damn Business Insider basically did a mini ether on the closing flagship store & brand in general. Worst part is they're right. :smh:
Great points in the vid. The obvious reason that Polo doesn't connect with Mellennials...Because 1967.

The brand has been consistent since it was founded, so the fact that a even guys my age (mid to late 30s) connect to the brand should be a shock to RL.

Rugby brand was RL's connection with Mellennials; tailoring, price points, and variety were exactly what they wanted. And once they grew out of Rugby, Polo was waiting for their loyalty. The formula was perfect. David Lauren has to bring an RL gateway brand like Rugby back if Mellennials is who they want to appeal to.

Last edited:
Great points as well SMB. The thing that they did not mention though is Zara,H&M,etc brands that they are comparing are trash quality wise so that's why they are considerably cheaper. But they are right that millennial's ain't trying to hear all that when they can spend a fraction of the price on something "they think" is the same product. Heard from an employee recently that the store was actually not doing that bad but the rent increased considerably and when adding up the figures it was decided closing it was not a necessity but just more cost effective in the long run considering the expected changes in how people will be shopping in the future.....or it could have been a damage control pitch they were feeding me. :lol:

Hit the flagship for the last time and grabbed some coffee yesterday. As much as I like RL I have a hard time paying retail for almost anything :frown:

Last edited:
So when the polo bear tees were exclusive to the outlets already and sitting on the shelf in the front of the store when you walked in and could be bought for $19.99 or less with a coupon, they weren't a necessity.

So now RL campaign's a monthly bear tee (using the same bears they printed before) that are exclusive to the outlets (which they already were before) and charges $40, everyone needs them.

:rofl:

Grabbed my polo bear golf tee at my local Polo factory outlet this morning.  They were only allowing 1 tee per customer.   I still have the golf one that released maybe 5 years ago which I purchased for around $25 if I remember correctly.  Same exact shirt color (white) and bear swinging the golf club. The newer one is thinner and the screen print is not as good.  Also size up on the newer polo bear tees.   My local outlet wasn't allowing any coupon codes on these.  About 10 people at my outlet waiting in line before the store opened for these
laugh.gif

Grabbed my polo bear golf tee at my local Polo factory outlet this morning.  They were only allowing 1 tee per customer.   I still have the golf one that released maybe 5 years ago which I purchased for around $25 if I remember correctly.  Same exact shirt color (white) and bear swinging the golf club. The newer one is thinner and the screen print is not as good.  Also size up on the newer polo bear tees.   My local outlet wasn't allowing any coupon codes on these.  About 10 people at my outlet waiting in line before the store opened for these :lol:

So when the polo bear tees were exclusive to the outlets already and sitting on the shelf in the front of the store when you walked in and could be bought for $19.99 or less with a coupon, they weren't a necessity.

So now RL campaign's a monthly bear tee (using the same bears they printed before) that are exclusive to the outlets (which they already were before) and charges $40, everyone needs them.

:rofl:
:lol: New age of RL marketing and their new fast fashion business model at work.

Last edited:
Wow no coupons?! Hope my local is coo wit it.

Edit..
Jus left my local. No one there a for a tee when I was there. Was able to use the 25% coupon. Came out to $33

Last edited:
Ended up not copping the tee because not only wouldn't they let me use my coupon, they went up on the price to $45. Not paying that for a white tee.

Ended up just buying 2 pairs of Chino shorts for $60 with my coupon.

Last edited:
Ended up not copping the tee because not only wouldn't they let me use my coupon, they went up on the price to $45. Not paying that for a white tee.

Ended up just buying 2 pairs of Chino shorts for $60 with my coupon.

Every Polo outlet is handling it different then others and following different protocol.   My local outlet had $44.99 on the price tag, but it rang up $39.99.   Some outlets are letting people use a coupon code on these, some aren't.   Some outlets are letting people cop multiple tees (5 at a time) , some are limiting 1 per customer.   Just depends on the Polo outlet in your area

When the red basketball one dropped last month,  they told me you can purchase up to 5 at a time.   For this month they switched it up and changed it to 1 (at least at my outlet)

Polo outlets know resellers are intending to scoop up 10 tees all at discounted prices and resell them for $70 - $80 a pop

Whoever is paying $100 is an idiot.   If you have to pay resell ,  prices usually drop to about $60 in a few months.   Wait it out

Oh no doubt about that. I just find it funny. I mean ive seen the one from last month going for close to 40 now. Ur right, wait til a new bear or 2 drops and cop an "older" one. I mess with the bears but the way everyones saying the actual tees fit got me passing on all of em tbh.

Copped with coupon, My homeboy went later on and they wouldn't let him. My outlet said 5 per person and somehow the price jumped 5 dollars from $39.99 to $44.99. The literally just placed a sticker over the $39.99 tag and it was $44.99.. **** is tragic.

They really trying to squeeze the last dollar out of these shirts.. Still don't know why the bear stuff isn't a staple. RL is supposedly doing bad well they should stop playing games and just give the consumers what they want. 

I'm all for a Rugby Revival as long as they don't do it dirty like PS.
Rugby in my opinion consistently came through with the best patches, fits, and quality for the price.

Thought this was pretty funny.
RL and Buzz Rickson sharing the same graphic.

Back
Top Bottom