**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Was tempted but i’ll Pass it on. Great deal on a lot of Purple label button ups. 1 day left.
929EEA18-2C99-4FDB-A1FB-88CE751E059B.jpeg

Someone in here wanted to know the price of the Souvenir Bear Jacket: $495

That’s what I heard.

that was me, thank you!

any idea if that will be a normal production run item, hitting dept stores? or this going to be some limited mansion only item?

Nice piece to add to my wardrobe. Material is a little thicker than what Nike is using for the tech fleece. This is RL Performance, so you want to size down from your normal one.

IMG_20171220_183749.jpg
Is this the one that was 165$ -40% on the RL site . I’ve been contemplating getting it

Ontario mills got a bunch of bear stuff. They ran out of the polo spell out hoodies in men's sizez. Bought a spellout hoodie for my lil bro came out to $25.

Ontario mills got a bunch of bear stuff. They ran out of the polo spell out hoodies in men's sizez. Bought a spellout hoodie for my lil bro came out to $25.
I'm in L.A. but I haven't been to Ontario Mills in 2 weeks. What bear stuff do they have?

I just have to get this off my chest..

Not hating, just observing..

Now that all of the retro Pwing is in the hands of everyone and I see more of it "in the wild" and on the gram, I just can't help but see Ralph laughing his off in the background. I mean, these are mostly grown *** men in their 40's and 50's rocking primary color-blocked pieces with Logos and **** all over them. They honestly look like toddlers. It is almost sad to see. It just looks like they are trying to relive their glory days. Bruh, you mean you haven't evolved in style since the 90's? Take that head to toe matchy match **** off.. You're just too old to be wearing that ****.

Most dudes don't look like Fab or some others that tastefully mix it in..even then I think Fab pulls it off it because he is Fab..

It's like when grown women shop in the juniors department..you just can't do that **** anymore. At some point you have to buy nicer clothes that are cut for your body..more reserved, flattering prints and materials..not the latest greatest OMG bull****.

Wear whatever you want, but know that some items are just not age appropriate...you have to let go and evolve at some point

I just have to get this off my chest..

Not hating, just observing..

Now that all of the retro Pwing is in the hands of everyone and I see more of it "in the wild" and on the gram, I just can't help but see Ralph laughing his off in the background. I mean, these are mostly grown *** men in their 40's and 50's rocking primary color-blocked pieces with Logos and **** all over them. They honestly look like toddlers. It is almost sad to see. It just looks like they are trying to relive their glory days. Bruh, you mean you haven't evolved in style since the 90's? Take that head to toe matchy match **** off.. You're just too old to be wearing that ****.

Most dudes don't look like Fab or some others that tastefully mix it in..even then I think Fab pulls it off it because he is Fab..

It's like when grown women shop in the juniors department..you just can't do that **** anymore. At some point you have to buy nicer clothes that are cut for your body..more reserved, flattering prints and materials..not the latest greatest OMG bull****.

Wear whatever you want, but know that some items are just not age appropriate...you have to let go and evolve at some point

Your perspective of what may be age appropriate may differ from other individuals. As a person close to 40 who lived in the era when these items were originally released, I remember that graphic and logo heavy pieces was fashionable and worn by various age groups. Ralph himself wore stadium plates pullover as well as numerous bear and "graphic" pieces after he was well in his 40's. Even though I believe evolution and change are pertinent to life, fashion and its evolution/progress is something not as vital and not necessary for everyone.

I work in an industry where I have to dress in business casual attire everyday but I choose to wear logo's and graphic heavy items on the weekend. Luckily my career has evolved but my personal taste in fashion hasn't..I am content dressing the way I do on the weekend and even though I do get many compliments I am sure there are people who may think my style is outdated or not age appropriate. But I don't dress for them but myself, same as I don't knock or judge 30 plus year olds sagging their skinny jeans.

We are all entitled to an opinion and appreciate your statement because I do know many people may share the same opinion as you but do not voice it. This was merely an exchange of my perspective but does not encompass everyone's way of thinking.

Bless Up!

Last edited:
I understand completely..I too lived through that era and remember the times well. Your experience speaks to others as I am sure..especially having to dress business casual throughout the week. I am in my early 40's, so perhaps there's a little "get off my lawn" creeping in :D I don't mind anyone wearing bears, logos, etc (who am I to judge), but the guys our age head to toe, throwin' your L's in the pic for the gram just make me want to retreat from the brand. Of course I don't because like you, I dress for me. I buy RL because the details (on the pieces that interest me) are great, it fits me off the rack in most cases, typically is a good value, and I am very familiar with the brand.

I certainly appreciate your thoughts..

92Loprostar 92Loprostar Well said
hoarder hoarder I understand your point, and you are correct that 40 and 50 year old men are reliving their youth though the stadium retros. There are great memories attached to this era. If wearing a piece of clothing connects these men to memories of the carefree times of their youth, or connects him to a loved one or dear friends that have passed away, then I'm all for it. Not only that, but lots of these men are also achieving personal goals of obtaining Polo items that they thought they would never own. They don't have to imagine being able to own a brand new $2000-$3000 Polo item for $300 because it's a reality now.
Simply put...I'm always happy to see other people happy. And these buyers keep RL in business so they can make the types of clothing that want to purchase.

It’s like Al Bundy with the letterman. For some people it brings them back to a beloved time and there are memories invested with each purchase of certain retro’s.

I feel the age appropriate factor that was mentioned but you gotta realize a lot of the older heads it’s not about just looking cool it’s a about a lifestyle that many have lived for decades. Not that easy to just say oh well I’m not the right age group to rock what I’ve based my life around. I get both sides but at the end of the day DO YOU. That’s really all that matters no matter what you into.

It’s like Al Bundy with the letterman. For some people it brings them back to a beloved time and there are memories invested with each purchase of certain retro’s.

I feel the age appropriate factor that was mentioned but you gotta realize a lot of the older heads it’s not about just looking cool it’s a about a lifestyle that many have lived for decades. Not that easy to just say oh well I’m not the right age group to rock what I’ve based my life around. I get both sides but at the end of the day DO YOU. That’s really all that matters no matter what you into.

yah, nothing wrong with having an opinion...but i just try to let folks be themselves and dress however makes them happy. Some of the instagram outfits on fellow polo fans look terrible to me, but I'm sure i look terrible to tons of folks too.

i do think the new retro stuff was meant to be mixed in rather than worn 5 stadium pieces at once.. When ralph wears it, he mixes it pop over with a jean jacket and ripped jeans and something else. Think you can rock anything if you blend it... They had a photoshoot of stadium gear and blended it with other stuff... The p-wing polo with a herringbone sport coat, red pocket square, ripped jeans and the stadium hat.

any of us older timers can mix in the stadium stuff with sport coats and it works great... The pwing and patchwork at least, the split red/blue seems tough for that scenario.

I'm not angry about it.. But ill never gey the matching uniform look... Like besr shirt, bear sweater with a bear hat and scarf and maybe bear gloves and boots. That looks silly to me... But you only get one life, dress how makes you happy!

Last edited:
I saw it really late and messed up by not grabbing it on sale . I may have to wait for a new sale to try and scoop it up .

Same here, def want more beacon prints in the collection
might have to play the waiting game too
Hopefully .com shows love and puts the -40% back on it

Couple new items up on RL UK

Saw this ages ago on a Japanese polo fans IG account, along with a few other martini bear items that never made it to Europe or USA.

upload_2017-12-21_12-43-25.png

And then a fancy, tuxedo-ish, bomber jacket... similar to the bear tuxedo jacket already out. This is a fun item, good look for black bowtie thing...
But wonder if it would look goofy unless you were wearing all black/white formal attire, or at least nicer (purple label?) all black outfit.

upload_2017-12-21_12-44-42.png

My favorite sweater, got it in Miromar Outlets in FL for 180 USD

Attachments

• 12BCA71E-3A42-4FEC-98BD-B0188BCCC07A.jpeg
    12BCA71E-3A42-4FEC-98BD-B0188BCCC07A.jpeg
    326.9 KB · Views: 29
Back
Top Bottom