**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Good looking out. I ordered the Meyers last night. Ill post pics when I get it.

Also thats a good deal up there for $300 on the leather windreaker. I would have jumped all over that.

Superman I ordered 3 leathers so far from rrl with this sale, unfortunately I had to get a xl in the Meyers so I might be going by young rrlegend until I drop some lbs. I'm thinking of getting some more things but only the tuxedos and ruffled shirts .

Cguy that Meyers is gonna last a long time plus u can always oil it up, wax it , or get it tanned but your getting a high quality piece in that and its worth the extra

Shot out to Matthew in New Jersey for coming through in the Dixon in a xl for a playa in Texas

Last edited:
anyone visit any RL outlets this weekend? Entire store was 40% off. Didn't know, otherwise I would have shared.

Went to the San Ysidro outlet.

DSC07939.jpg

DSC07942.jpg

DSC07937.jpg

Today will be a short tribute to early Hollywood stunt pilots,shinning the light on a particular bunch called :"the 13 black cats".Featured today for the occasion,my own tribute jacket based on the Buzz Rickson's repro.....
The 13 Black Cats were a troupe of flamboyant stunt pilots who defied both superstition and the odds of survival during the 1920's and 1930's.
The Black Cats advertised their skills for the film industry with the slogan "Anything for a price."here's a sample of the "menu" of the13 Black Cats stunt fees:

Loop-the-loop with men standing on wing tips - $450

Delayed parachute jump with 1,000 feet free fall - $150

Double parachute jump with both men using same chute - $180

Plane to plane or plane to car transfer - $150

Flight tableau on upper wing with 1 man knocked off - $225

Plane blows up in midair as pilot chutes out - $1,500

One requirement for membership was that the member's name must contain 13 letters. If the letters in his name did not add up to 13, he was given names such as 'Fronty' Nichols, [William] 'Spider' Matlock, and [Ronald] 'Bon' MacDougall. All of these pilots and stuntmen often doubled as the first aerial cameramen in Hollywood.

black_cat_logo_250.jpg

denny_black_cats_01_750.jpg

b866a588-aa31-4291-b336-2376d233bba5.jpg

denny_black_cat_news_350.jpg

Great read Chicago. This is what makes me love RL clothing so much more.

Superman I ordered 3 leathers so far from rrl with this sale, unfortunately I had to get a xl in the Meyers so I might be going by young rrlegend until I drop some lbs. I'm thinking of getting some more things but only the tuxedos and ruffled shirts .
Nice haul in.
I'm glad you left some in the inventory for me :lol: Looking forward to pics.

Last edited:
I came across this polo bear hat at macys today. Thought some of you might be interested in it. Only saw red at the one I went to

Great read Chicago. This is what makes me love RL clothing so much more.
Nice haul in.
I'm glad you left some in the inventory for me :lol: Looking forward to pics.

I'm not done yet .might cop the leather vest honestly . Yes that little history lesson is the reason I mess with rrl , for their period peice inspired collections . Until. They make bell bottoms and tie dye shirts ill be a customer , but I will say their quality on rrl side is slipping since they mass producing and introduced the online store . It used to be a rarity to find a 40 and a xxl in anything and I usually couldn't wait till sale to cop because my size was Bought as soon as the it hit the stores , I guess that's the catch now a days .

Those black wash make my 38th pair of rrl and I don't even own any of the colored denims just straight raws? Rinse , once , and washed . None of those i oxbloods or olive joints .

i caught that link on styleforum as well, great and interesting read. gotta hand it to ralph, he gets inspiration from everywhere. i've heard of RRL spotters mining through vintage stores and flea markets from coast to coast... in cali at rosebowl and plenty of vintage stores in NYC. i was at an army surplus store earlier this week and saw so many familiar RRL silhouettes... military chinos, naval jackets etc.

i caught that link on styleforum as well, great and interesting read. gotta hand it to ralph, he gets inspiration from everywhere. i've heard of RRL spotters mining through vintage stores and flea markets from coast to coast... in cali at rosebowl and plenty of vintage stores in NYC. i was at an army surplus store earlier this week and saw so many familiar RRL silhouettes... military chinos, naval jackets etc.

That's all they do lol I met one if the designers / stylist of the brand when they were cataloging the atl store and they do their research when it comes to rrl . If y'all remember the straight legs had the loop on the back pockets upside down to pay homage to the older Levi's they were inspired from but Levi made the change the loop so they flipped it to what it is now . If any of y'all cam get a pair of those they are worth some $ .

^^^Cool story on the black cats, I was wondering about the logo on the varsity and now I know. Picked this up from Marshall's.

The Olympic line is gonna be so dope next yr [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom