**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

What's up with the RL hoarding last seasons items on their website as clearance when price isn't really that cheap??????????

I know it ain't Ralph tho. But still it's as close as I'll ever get to the real thing.

if macys stops getting the good polo it's Ralph's own fault

some of the items in store are damn near double the retail they used to be

who's walking into macys and dropping 400 on one item?

not many

Good info regarding price/location/availability, even in some of the better malls out here in NJ... they have nothing, basics and that is all..... I always have my eyes peeled, so it seems online, herald square and 5th ave is where its at.

if macys stops getting the good polo it's Ralph's own fault

some of the items in store are damn near double the retail they used to be

who's walking into macys and dropping 400 on one item?

not many
This how its always been done. You make a connect at Macy's and they hold it for you until the sale. My connect uses their employee discount and purchases for me. There are a few items here and there that get purchased full price but often get returned and repurchased when the sale hits, at least Macy's wise...(that's not how it was always done but I keeps it legal now)

Last edited:
What's up with the RL hoarding last seasons items on their website as clearance when price isn't really that cheap??????????
All of the great info dropped about limited availability of certain collections, rumors of RRL brand no longer going to outlets, and the price increases all point to repositioning Ralph Lauren as the luxury brand that it is intended to be. They want this new Polo tag to really mean something.

From the business side of things it's a perfect formula. You can lower quality and raise prices because of the exclusivity of Brand. RL doesn't want to become the brand that people only buy at outlets, chain discount stores, and on clearance.

Last edited:
All of the great info dropped about limited availability of certain collections, rumors of RRL brand no longer going to outlets, and the price increases all point to repositioning Ralph Lauren as the luxury brand that it is intended to be. They want this new Polo tag to really mean something.

From the business side of things it's a perfect formula. You can lower quality and raise prices because of the exclusivity of Brand. RL doesn't want to become the brand that people only buy at outlets, chain discount stores, and on clearance.
I guess they hired some ex JB execs, smh. RL has been that way for years for some as far as outlets, discount stores, and clearance. I recall telling peeps in the early 90s that I copped such and such at lets say valley fair and they would look at me like, "they sell RL?" So I guess they're remastering too now! LOL

I tried to find who is actually on the RL design team, but everything I found was super vague. Talking about Ralph designs everything, with the help of his team...

Last edited:

I think RL is perfectly ok with having outlets, and some of his apparel go to discount chain stores. The brand has solidified it's position in many markets already, one of them being luxury. Places like Marshall's, TJMaxx and the items that end up on clearance is all part of selling a product. RL is winning no matter what. There are plenty of brands that would love there items at outlets, it's still a form of relevancy

Well well, a consecutive back to back bear sweater release.....I didn't see that coming. This looks like the cream 98 bear sweater, but in navy blue

Last edited:
They couldve just released this exact same kids sweater in adult sizes and it would've been 10x better than the one we got.

I'd say true to size. I saw an XL in Marshall's and tried it on and was a lil snug in the arm pits and a lil short in the waist and sleeve length for me. I hover between XL and XXL depending...

Where is this available ?
colors are right on time.
think i want.

Last edited:
That bear definitely looks like it put on a few pounds...
roll.gif

Yo the bear eating good with all our money, he looks mad wide in that pic

I wonder if Macy's will get the cheaper variant again this year, like they did last go around

I believe the Macy's version was $225 and the one on the RL website was $298

And the Macy's bear was wearing a different outfit I believe, can't remember clearly the differences

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom