**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

We didn't get our Bear tees as expected in last week's shipment. I called some other stores and they're reporting the same. Will keep you posted.

Ralph Lauren To Close Flagship Polo Store In Manhattan As Part Of Restructuring

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chloes...re-in-manhattan-as-part-of-restructuring/amp/

Last edited:
Flagship loss is not a good look but considering the entire physical department store industry is taking L's right now this is not a complete surprise and for sure does not spell the end but it is a loss of a RL monument for sure. Been there a few times visiting NY a shame I won't be able to do it again. :smh:

Re:tongue:urple label. I got 2 seperate unsolicited emails from instore polo reps that i havent spoken to in years offering to curate the pl collection for me. Looks like they're making a heavy push to keep those sales numbers up to keep the line viable.

The closing of the store saves RL $140 million annually, which is a smart move. I feel like RL quickly hired and fired the last CEO just to: 1) learn the fast fashion business model to see how the competition is hurting them and 2) try to make up lost revenue by implementing it. The next will be a restructuring of distribution. I see RL making a HEAVY push this year to generate brand momentum. I expect to see everything that loyalists have been hoping for to be re-issued. Also, lots of items that you would never see change hands will be become available from trenders jumping ship. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Not the best but I'll pick one up.
Landed right at Master's 2017, and RL has created hype plus increased foot traffic through the outlest stores.

It's very early, but the marketing strategy looks like an early success. I hope that the high quality, newer items will be filtered through outlet stores since some of the flagships are being closed.

Are these tees fitting a size smaller? They need to make 3xl if thats the case :lol:

4/14 Polo Bear
White shirt
From the actual image pic, the Bear's shirt looks more teal than green as shown in the email

Anyone know the date when the flagship officially closes its doors forever? Heard something about it being as soon as next week. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom