**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

A drought in my bank account if i was to purchase that. Purple label really makes me laugh they try too hard

purple label "tries too hard"?

80%+ of purple label is basics done elegantly, with no graphics/flourishes.... If you walk thru a Neiman Marcus, purple label is the only brand not trying too hard... And i think it fits the bill of what i heard original creed for black label was - "what James bond would wear".

only recently did they start upping the mix for active wear / sports wear inspired pieces with more design.

What drought?!
6F4A1EF6-DB9B-4E3D-95C1-6485F9F3A884.png
That's dope but I'm not paying that much money for anything.

I can’t belive I’m saying this after I loathed the thought of having it retroed but...can anyone tell me what the sizing is like for the P-Wing varsity jacket?

purple label "tries too hard"?

80%+ of purple label is basics done elegantly, with no graphics/flourishes.... If you walk thru a Neiman Marcus, purple label is the only brand not trying too hard... And i think it fits the bill of what i heard original creed for black label was - "what James bond would wear".

only recently did they start upping the mix for active wear / sports wear inspired pieces with more design.

yea for the most part, really expensive clothing is well made, hence the price...its not rocket science.... its just too much money; like Ralph, give me a break man....I can see James Bond wearing this stuff..he aint wearing old navy thats for sure

I can’t belive I’m saying this after I loathed the thought of having it retroed but...can anyone tell me what the sizing is like for the P-Wing varsity jacket?

depends on how you wear your stuff. i have every item in the stadium collection and got a Small in each EXCEPT the p-wing varsity and crewshirt. those 2 i got Medium's. i'm usually a Medium and stuck with medium for them bc i didn't like the snug fit on just those 2 particular pieces.

How much did the marsh jacket retail for?

Man I wanna pull on that camo jacket with the 30% off and free ship but I just bought 2 new coats idk of its worth it. Also if anyone has it how's the fit? Idek if a large wouldwork or if I need a xl

yea for the most part, really expensive clothing is well made, hence the price...its not rocket science.... its just too much money; like Ralph, give me a break man....I can see James Bond wearing this stuff..he aint wearing old navy thats for sure

oh i agree with that... and while i think its well made, nice fabrics and stuff... i think they are ****ing up.
im thinking the exact opposite of "trying too hard" tho... not trying hard enough.

i just bought a pair of joggers from purple label... $177 on sale, from $395.
I checked the design, the fabric mix and the supplier #. they literally have the EXACT same pair of joggers, same material, same production facility, same EVERYTHING...
except they took the RL purple label logo off the zipper on the back, and they simplified the waste draw string... $98.

that **** pisses me off... it wasn't hand made in italy. it wasn't a special design. it was the worst of branding jobs to price the same item at $98 and $395, and that is the stuff that will kill a luxury brand like purple label.

that new red purple label coat they want $2K for... its the exact jacket but now in RED with new patches, as a rugby coat that was $500. at least in this case it was made in italy, which has a certain "prestige" premium... and the design was changed enough to sell the fashion angle... but they really need to be careful that they dont turn Purple Label into Cadillac Cimmarons, re-badge jobs that aren't the proper quality.

Idk if I wanna cop the snow beach jacket. Always wanted one since I seen Rae with It in the video when I was in high school

If they do the whole raffle crap like the stadium release, I’ll be turned off. And I’m not waiting on no line either

Bout to just cop this 91 trench instead

Idk if I wanna cop the snow beach jacket. Always wanted one since I seen Rae with It in the video when I was in high school

If they do the whole raffle crap like the stadium release, I’ll be turned off. And I’m not waiting on no line either

Bout to just cop this 91 trench instead

Same. I'm going to be real F annoyed if I have to jump through hoops like Stadium release. At the very least will be better prepared. Good Luck to you.

was starting to think we were getting punked by the couple guys on instagram saying they got the new snow beach/punk/etc fatbears at the outlets...
normally a few accounts on IG that always get the outlet stuff first and start selling it at a premium... and none of them had it.

but then this account posted some pics and video from an outlet. go to his account, he has a good long video of all the bear merchandise at a polo factory store.. .it's really overkilil, so many items across the normal and fatbear.

know most of yall hate these... but i like a few of the new fatbear shirts... the snow beach t-shirt/crewneck sweatshirt, the black/red 1992 split. the new ski martini bear sweatshirt isnt bad either. maybe we'll be seeing these hit stores this week and next across country?

upload_2018-1-4_7-57-27.png

Last edited:
After the Stadium debacle I hope WE'RE better informed and more willing to help each other out without feeding info to outsiders in regards to the Snowbeach drop. It was annoying seeing 20 pages of questions & pick hps, but it did pull us together with the oops.

Everyone's favorite patchwork hoodie is in stock SMALL and X-LARGE at Carson's, and ON sale.

really want this ****ing sweatshirt, pissed I missed it at good sale prices... now it only pops up in stock randomly. if anyone ever sees it in medium, would you let me know? want to grab it, but ebay guys want $350+.

https://www.carsons.com/sc1/brands/...-s-patchwork-cotton-blend-hoodie-1307534.html

upload_2018-1-4_8-1-37.png
Bro, where were you when Macy's had their sale in Nov? Could've swore you were the one to post it too. Got that hoody in a M for like $165.

After the Stadium debacle I hope WE'RE better informed and more willing to help each other out without feeding info to outsiders in regards to the Snowbeach drop. It was annoying seeing 20 pages of questions & pick hps, but it did pull us together with the oops.

Bro, where were you when Macy's had their sale in Nov? Could've swore you were the one to post it too. Got that hoody in a M for like $165.

they sold out of this in Chicago almost immediately... at least downtown. I was trying to find a MED and LARGE to try on.
I didn't notice if they had medium on the site for sale, but I'm sure they did.... missed out. didn't get hopping into the patchwork varsity line til later, but managed to grab the shorts/t-shirt/long sleeve and jacket now.

was uber focused on getting a good deal on that camo letterman sweater cardigan... was obsessed with that piece, and knew at $395 it would eventually see some sort of great deal.

Back
Top Bottom