**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Surfer Bear spotted.
14177AAE-938B-4DF5-85B1-175F0B4351D7.jpeg
Owww. Wavy bear is coming home.

just fight the impulse, man.

like all things, prices go down when attention/hype go down.

stadium stuff was crazy at first.

got the marsh coat for $50less than msrp.

2 months as weather warms up, folks start getting excited about sailing collection... There will be pullovers for $550-650. rugby for $300-350. Which is fair premium for someone selling and not terrible for the buyer.

I'm wondering if they made more or less snow beach than stadium stuff... My guess is we will see more global RL stock flood eBay in next couple weeks, which will drive down price since that stuff is usually hard (or impossible/not cost effective) to try and return.

If you take the number of pieces from the OG SB and the BW SB on their own it was less than the Stadium and combined it was probably about the same. I will say that I got most of my Stadium (marsh coat, windbreaker and plates & p-wing polo) well after the initial release. With this release everything was gone within hours. I’d say supply was much less.

It would have been cool if they had one of the pieces be more available like they did with the mash up polo from Stadium release.

If you take the number of pieces from the OG SB and the BW SB on their own it was less than the Stadium and combined it was probably about the same. I will say that I got most of my Stadium (marsh coat, windbreaker and plates & p-wing polo) well after the initial release. With this release everything was gone within hours. I’d say supply was much less.

It would have been cool if they had one of the pieces be more available like they did with the mash up polo from Stadium release.

thought mash-up had 700 total made, or thereabouts?

wonder how many of those snow beach vests or pullovers were made...

edit:
actually think it was 700 for u.s. Think that was around total production for all 5 ltd ed polos for USA, not sure global...

thought mash-up had 700 total made, or thereabouts?

wonder how many of those snow beach vests or pullovers were made...

edit:
actually think it was 700 for u.s. Think that was around total production for all 5 ltd ed polos for USA, not sure global...

Maybe they weren’t as hyped up. I remember reading about the 5 LE polos in GQ back in early summer I think but nothing much after that. There was prob some IG posting but I wasn’t aware of much compared to this release. Even stadium release wasn’t as hyped

Completely forgot about the drop today until I saw Chance rocking the hooded rugby on Ellen :rofl: Seems like it didn’t go well. I wish the pullover had the black lettering like the poncho.

I don't think that's the case, it's like @supermanblue79 said a few weeks ago. Sprinkle in the limited releases to tease the crowd, then they will be forced to buy the general release items (that we used to buy on clearance racks for 60% off) with the fear that they will miss out! Look at how people were going crazy for the crest. People was paying $500 $600 for it because of the hype still brewing from the stadium drop. Now if you have a good eye for shopping you can find it for under retail. It's a smart strategy, lets see how long it lasts.
I agree that general release items will be more attractive to the masses. Same as when people camp out, finally get in the store, the pair of kicks is long gone and they feel like they need to purchase something just to feel like their time wasn't completely wasted.
I'm not grasping at straws with my statement, that's from somebody that was heavily involved with the release at RL corporate and actually fought to get a wider release and the powers that be were concerned that some stuff would sit. Obviously after last week, they saw a different result and will make changes for some other upcoming drops.
There will possibly be another release before the Sailing collection.

I agree that general release items will be more attractive to the masses. Same as when people camp out, finally get in the store, the pair of kicks is long gone and they feel like they need to purchase something just to feel like their time wasn't completely wasted.
I'm not grasping at straws with my statement, that's from somebody that was heavily involved with the release at RL corporate and actually fought to get a wider release and the powers that be were concerned that some stuff would sit. Obviously after last week, they saw a different result and will make changes for some other upcoming drops.
There will possibly be another release before the Sailing collection.
On the Sailing Collection: RL.com has loaded a few colors of the sneakers from the collection.The size runs are incomplete but they are coming. The tongue says "CP RL- 93". It seems that RL is beginning to release the Spring 2018 collection in small doses. Hopefully the Sailing collection will be widely available.

Ok now that the B&W SB is over... anyone order any custom sweatshirts or shirts of the crest, SB bear, Cold Wave or SB logos and got pics to show?

Also can anyone with the Dipset hoodie given info on if it’s classic fit TTS? Any other details?

Last edited:
anyone still not get a confirmation of shipping from their order on polo.com today?

only got an order in for 2 hats, but still "awaiting fulfillment" ....

I only got one fitted cap, but it shipped out yesterday night. Due in just 3 days before my bday!!

Selfridges cancelled both my orders, even though they charged my Paypal for one --- the hat, which is still showing in stock on their website. Tried reordering with two different credit cards today and authorized the transaction through my bank and still not going through on their website. Of course the hoodie they cancelled is now out of stock. Endlessly frustrating.

SR cancelled my vest but fulfilled my hooded rugby and finally shipped it out. Went back on their site and they still had a small left. Order went through so now I hope they don't cancel it again. Not my size though, going to need a size swap.

POST SB News..

Deer Park Outlet had the new Bear Tee. We finally got a different color.

Also the polos & knits were 30% off PLUS the 25% off coupon was stacked.

Also had tons of RL2000 Ski & Martini Bear

Tees @ $30
Crewneck was $60
Polo’s $56
Knits $130
before discounts

EB08F0DF-1D6D-4998-92AF-59C31CBB1C94.jpeg
8754AFC9-B153-40B9-9BF3-761D6641DF9F.jpeg
8754AFC9-B153-40B9-9BF3-761D6641DF9F.jpeg
024EB553-1402-4B81-B8B9-FC56C895C58A.jpeg
A9A57823-57ED-4E2F-AAD8-DAE261578F2C.jpeg
D42FEA2D-682D-4EA2-BE13-2A7903451A28.jpeg

38B87CA0-FB3D-43D9-9F38-6109B5D93093.jpeg
EADF952C-2A41-4749-B94C-EA9D7EE0EA62.jpeg

They also had His n Hers beach wear coffee mugs. $18 after coupon

Meanwhile in IG land ..... Vince is famous ... quoted from “ according to NikeTalk” lmaoooo

Attachments

• 6915063F-6382-4424-A3D5-560BF2CA4DF9.png
    6915063F-6382-4424-A3D5-560BF2CA4DF9.png
    778.7 KB · Views: 65
anyone still not get a confirmation of shipping from their order on polo.com today?

only got an order in for 2 hats, but still "awaiting fulfillment" ....
I got a confirmation last night, at this point your probably good, if they were going to cancel it would of already happened. As long as it doesn’t say pending review you will be alright

Back
Top Bottom