**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Not posted in here in a while! Latest pickup. Glad I got my hands on this one, really dope reissue. Had the og and was that sort of short/boxy fit. Fit on this is on point and the graphic is spot on. One of the best retros I’ve seen in a while
C664D4F3-E92F-4AE7-8397-C10E52E936EB.jpeg
doesn't look so bad afterall.

New customs in the hizzzy!! .... I used those soft touch tees. This that Peruvian lo (soft touch tees made in Peru...some one here mentioned those once they were right)
0D366D89-F2EC-4232-A2D2-ABF8BF8784EB.jpeg

Just came in from Dillard's, visiting my Uncle Ralph on a recon mission. As some of you may remember, at heart, I'm just a "t-shirt guy". Give me your hardest Lo, your most iconic symbol, your most TurtleNeckSweaterPoloRugbySilkCloak, and my question is, "He gonna drop that in a t-shirt?"

Maaaannn... that soft touch in classic fit is tha TRUTH. I can, ( and later, maybe will), tell a long story behind this whole "t-shirt" thing, and about a "white whale" I've been hunting. The short version is, that $49.50 soft touch crew is the closest thing I've found to that "white whale." And I can make the case that it is better and more every day practical than Purple Label and RRL. That Pima cotton from Peru doesn't just sound fly. It is! (If only it was a pocket tee so I could remove that full-colored horse!)
s7-1349792_alternate1.jpg

You can go on Ralph/Macy's/Nieman Marcus, etc, and see what seems like 50 versions and 50 different prices for what looks like the same ole horsey shirt. My studies have concluded that they are vastly different based on price. The ones that have a higher price tag are indicative of a next level.

The plain ole horsey tee could be it's own thread.

Not posted on here in a while! Latest pickup. Glad I got my hands on this one, really dope reissue. Had the og and was that sort of short/boxy fit. Fit on this is on point and the graphic is spot on. One of the best retros I’ve seen in a while
C664D4F3-E92F-4AE7-8397-C10E52E936EB.jpeg
Was this a UK drop?

Just came in from Dillard's, visiting my Uncle Ralph on a recon mission. As some of you may remember, at heart, I'm just a "t-shirt guy". Give me your hardest Lo, your most iconic symbol, your most TurtleNeckSweaterPoloRugbySilkCloak, and my question is, "He gonna drop that in a t-shirt?"

Maaaannn... that soft touch in classic fit is tha TRUTH. I can, ( and later, maybe will), tell a long story behind this whole "t-shirt" thing, and about a "white whale" I've been hunting. The short version is, that $49.50 soft touch crew is the closest thing I've found to that "white whale." And I can make the case that it is better and more every day practical than Purple Label and RRL. That Pima cotton from Peru doesn't just sound fly. It is! (If only it was a pocket tee so I could remove that full-colored horse!)
s7-1349792_alternate1.jpg

You can go on Ralph/Macy's/Nieman Marcus, etc, and see what seems like 50 versions and 50 different prices for what looks like the same ole horsey shirt. My studies have concluded that they are vastly different based on price. The ones that have a higher price tag are indicative of a next level.

The plain ole horsey tee could be it's own thread.
Oh I got to hear about this whale ... but ya got any laundry care recs? first wash the most important can’t be shrinking those bad boys

Also side note anyone go hard on the Nike challenge court collection ? Closest retro drop I seen since stadium 2017

Oh I got to hear about this whale ... but ya got any laundry care recs? first wash the most important can’t be shrinking those bad boys

A) FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE TAG.

Seriously. So many in the 'Lo community, (clothes period), simply freestyle it in the wash, and then wonder "what had happened?" The instructions really are specific to that garment/dye/fabric.

B) Should you chose NOT to read the tag, my fall back is WASH EVERYTHING IN COLD AND HANG TO DRY OR DRY IN LOW HEAT.

I personally went to B) after my wife shrunk several joints. Then I said, hell, if my joints are going to get ruined, it sure as hell will be done by ME. So now I separate my clothes and wash separate. And guess what. I personally ruined a few joints. SMDH. After that, I said, "You know what? COLD. Every time, all the time." Has never let me down, since.

Only got myself since then by one time not separating out a Purple Label and throwing it in with the high heat stuff. Sold it on the bay as "tag reads XXL but will fit a size S to Med."

good looks on the advice ...I find line drying is an option if its in the sun but its the heat from the dryer that actually makes your clothes clean and free of bacteria, look it up. I go warm water and medium dryer heat these days and size up to compensate for shrink ...if im not sure I go to the dry cleaner...yes the instructions are on the tag but those get cut out the first day....ill prolly dry clean those soft touch tees just to be safe

Anybody steam clean their clothes? That’s pretty much all I do in addition to spot cleaning unless the garment is really dirt

Was your clothes period.
Everything is a process and sometimes trial and error. I’ve loss a few pieces over the years but **** it ya live and learn.
I’ve also bought a few things back to life
But there always clean.any one that’s been in this game long enough will lose something.
Depending on whom I’m getting a vintage piece from I stay clear away cause most times it stinks to hell or got stains, animal hair or some other atrocities going on....it’s not clean 🧼 passed on so many fire pieces cause of exactly that.
Steaming is used for wrinkles that’s it. I use the dry cleaners only when it’s needed
Like I have to drop five or more sweaters off or leathers,wool hats,scarfs ect and I have strict instructions that they need to adhere to if they want my business. And if by chance I have to spot clean something I use the same spray gun and solvent cleaners use cause in silkscreening we use it to correct little things
But regular polos and such is getting tossed right in the washer. More care may be had if it has a silkscreen print as opposed to sublimation print or if a iteam needs hand washed but all the Fabergé egg sh**t is a no go.

Im exploring other stuff I missed from 1992.
Im waiting on the stadium shorts and rings tank.

Im finding versace because they go for 1500 for the old mens pieces.
The longer it takes for the stadium summer 92 stuff, the more I am l
locating the biggie era grails.

Just need that 600 Benz.

My Night time designer.

106178475_646351825952919_8053638576739284757_n.jpg

My Daytime designer.
1598552301063.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom