**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

So excited for this piece… that i took pics with different kicks lol… wish it was a tad longer but it’s fine.. quality on point..

It’s cold this week in ATL so wearing ASAP lol

IMG_5575.jpeg
IMG_5576.jpeg
IMG_5577.jpeg
IMG_5578.jpeg

Anyone else feel like the polo shirts are getting cheaper?? I copped this white short sleeve polo and I feel like it’s super thin and see thru. I have other white polo shirts that were thick and can’t see what’s underneath it.
Lots of Polo is getting cheaper and thinner. The Mojave Wildlife Vest felt like it was made of plastic Walmart bags. I have to choose carefully with the new stuff.

This is another one. Not that its see though, just a weird cut. Super short. I got it for a good price but I'll prob still send back..

0400018288937_MULTI_A1

I have a polo hat that I love, it's plain khaki, can anyone speak to if its a defect or if they ever had a run of these? Picture a common horse hat with nothing on it if that makes sense

I have a new button up, wore it twice as a layer and i the threads on the cuff all loose. I can’t wear it 🤦‍♂️

Anyone else feel like the polo shirts are getting cheaper?? I copped this white short sleeve polo and I feel like it’s super thin and see thru. I have other white polo shirts that were thick and can’t see what’s underneath it.
It’s actually the same as the custom polos that was instore now only online. I said this when I got mine done. You really have to see in person now when buying rl imo so you are not disappointed

Agreed ironically I’m wearing the T-Shirt version tonight which I actually thought they did an alright job with
IMG_6357.jpeg

Agreed ironically I’m wearing the T-Shirt version tonight which I actually thought they did an alright job with
IMG_6357.jpeg
Except for the above picture, the only thing I am not seeing in all this t-shirt (specifically Tees, not Polos) discussion are the tags. The tags can make the difference between, "This shirt is cheap," and, "This shirt is refined." Ironically, both can feel the same thing; "thin."

As soon as bnice02176 said that he " thought they did an alright job with", my eyes went straight to the tag. Do you see the classic blue label? Look at the little separate blue drop-down tag below. I don't know what it says, but as soon as I saw it, I knew there was something "extra" going on with that shirt. Extra with the cloth quality, the sewing, and/or Ralphy's loving attention.

For example, I seek and hunt the below t-shirt the way most Lo heads hunt a Snow Beach. Check the drop-down tag;
IMG_0982.jpeg

IMG_0984.jpeg

That's not cheap. That's Pima Lisle from Peru. Same stuff Ralph uses on his top-end RLX golf shirts and limited Wimbledon t-shirts. This shirt is actually what the Purple Label tees should be like, (and I know, I have bought several trying to replicate the above shirt.) Not as thin, but it is the consistency that I suspect many would describe as "thin/cheap".

This tee is from what, '09? '10? Messed around and kinda stumbled into it in Macy's. Saw it on the rack, flipped the tag, and balked at the $59.89 (back then) for a plain jane tee. Something about it though. Tried it on and thought it was the greatest tee shirt I've put on. Waited for it to drop, and copped. I only hated the way the sleeves hung on it and made the dummy move one day and cut the sleeves, thinking I'd just get another. WRONG. I ruined it and found out the hard way that they were rare then, and rare now. Plus, they're unknown and uncoveted. So, since back then, I literally have to search the bay for hours for what would look to most like just any old ralphy tee. Just to see the tags, just to see if it is this particular model. I got lucky a few weeks ago with this one. It was an easter purple. Not anymore.

all that OR... some of these tees are just cheap and your nipples will show. LOL.

Last edited:
Except for the above picture, the only thing I am not seeing in all this t-shirt (specifically Tees, not Polos) discussion are the tags. The tags can make the difference between, "This shirt is cheap," and, "This shirt is refined." Ironically, both can feel the same thing; "thin."

As soon as bnice02176 said that he " thought they did an alright job with", my eyes went straight to the tag. Do you see the classic blue label? Look at the little separate blue drop-down tag below. I don't know what it says, but as soon as I saw it, I knew there was something "extra" going on with that shirt. Extra with the cloth quality, the sewing, and/or Ralphy's loving attention.

For example, I seek and hunt the below t-shirt the way most Lo heads hunt a Snow Beach. Check the drop-down tag;
IMG_0982.jpeg

IMG_0984.jpeg

That's not cheap. That's Pima Lisle from Peru. Same stuff Ralph uses on his top-end RLX golf shirts and limited Wimbledon t-shirts. This shirt is actually what the Purple Label tees should be like, (and I know, I have bought several trying to replicate the above shirt.) Not as thin, but it is the consistency that I suspect many would describe as "thin/cheap".

This tee is from what, '09? '10? Messed around and kinda stumbled into it in Macy's. Saw it on the rack, flipped the tag, and balked at the $59.89 (back then) for a plain jane tee. Something about it though. Tried it on and thought it was the greatest tee shirt I've put on. Waited for it to drop, and copped. I only hated the way the sleeves hung on it and made the dummy move one day and cut the sleeves, thinking I'd just get another. WRONG. I ruined it and found out the hard way that they were rare then, and rare now. Plus, they're unknown and uncoveted. So, since back then, I literally have to search the bay for hours for what would look to most like just any old ralphy tee. Just to see the tags, just to see if it is this particular model. I got lucky a few weeks ago with this one. It was an easter purple. Not anymore.

all that OR... some of these tees are just cheap and your nipples will show. LOL.

Well said. I’ve done some merch for companies and tagging and branding is everything. Makes all the difference with someone feeling that shirt that cost $1 to make is worth $60 to feeling ripped off.

Back
Top Bottom