The Official Reebok Question (A.I.) Thread.

They are still running behind inflation though. They were more expensive back then.

Very true.

Retail would be around $180 if it was on par with inflation. Technically I only paid 140 but stockx and their fees ran it up to 170.

If I waited to buy it in store or from a retailer it still would've came out basically the same price maybe even more depending on shipping.

Don't even get me started on how Nike charged $240 for a Lebron that was originally $170 in 2012.

Last edited:
I decided to purge the Street Sleigh & Why Not Us? versions from my possession recently. I'm glad I got rid of them because I realized I had no use for them after a year. I didn't dislike them or anything.

I sure as hell didn't resell them because I definitely would have incurred a loss on both after fees if I sold them on a platform or found a secondhand store to take them since the secondary market price on them would be retail or lower. I was able to get rid of them that resulted in a gain by being resourceful with it. I'll just say it involved moving pieces and repurposing.

I admit I got them them as substitutes for the Answer 1 to wear with the home white and road black 76ers Allen Iverson jerseys I have. But the purist side in me eventually wouldn't let me do that.

I'll just wait for Reebok to inevitably re-release the Answer 1 in the white/red and black/gold colorways. It would only be right to correlate from a purist standpoint because the Answer 1 was based in the 1997-98 season, which is also the year both of those jerseys are based.

Not sure if this is the right thread for this one, but they're basically Question runners so here it is haha. Shoe Carnival has the Solutions on sale for $69.98 and there's an extra 30% code that SHOULD work to get them down to $48.99 (V30LB4A).

Screenshot_20220420-213537.png
Screenshot_20220420-213557.png

For a stripped down model of something I'm glad they at least made it look close to the question. The solution is like much uptempo version.... if that makes... probably not 😂

How are these in person? The stock photos make them look very similar to the Prada’s in terms of contrast (white/silver), but the few on feet photos I can find, the silver blends in too much.

Edit: Are they cut more like a mid or a high? In this photo they look closer to a low to me.

How are these in person? The stock photos make them look very similar to the Prada’s in terms of contrast (white/silver), but the few on feet photos I can find, the silver blends in too much.

Edit: Are they cut more like a mid or a high? In this photo they look closer to a low to me.

Ok....

The silver is not really silver. Its more of an off silver/off gray nylon with no sheen to it at all. So the contrast is slight.

The side midsole and where it joins the center is what I wold consider Sail in color. It contrasts with the front side part of the sole. So it goes from white to sail to the uper wish is gray/ off silver/ gray and back to white leather. Its again a slight contrast.

The fit....of all the OG Reeboks ive owned and I stupidily regrettably discared most 90's 00s shoes then most of Nike talk even owns...on feet these feel and remind me of the oddly... Steve Francis XBeam RBK shoes from like 20 years ago. Remember those?!

I would say these are a mid-low size fit.

But the leather is really soft and plush and the smell of these smell like the interior of a new car (like sitting in a new BMW, you know) Its a nice smell.

These were made in Viet Nam. Not China.

Anyway, posting this makes me wish someone would retro Steve Francis X Beam shoes now. You dudes remember those joints??? I miss those.

Ok....

The silver is not really silver. Its more of an off silver/off gray nylon with no sheen to it at all. So the contrast is slight.

The side midsole and where it joins the center is what I wold consider Sail in color. It contrasts with the front side part of the sole. So it goes from white to sail to the uper wish is gray/ off silver/ gray and back to white leather. Its again a slight contrast.

The fit....of all the OG Reeboks ive owned and I stupidily regrettably discared most 90's 00s shoes then most of Nike talk even owns...on feet these feel and remind me of the oddly... Steve Francis XBeam RBK shoes from like 20 years ago. Remember those?!

I would say these are a mid-low size fit.

But the leather is really soft and plush and the smell of these smell like the interior of a new car (like sitting in a new BMW, you know) Its a nice smell.

These were made in Viet Nam. Not China.

Anyway, posting this makes me wish someone would retro Steve Francis X Beam shoes now. You dudes remember those joints??? I miss those.
Thanks for the detailed reply. Everything you said matched up with what I was thinking.

Had to google the X Beam, and immediately remembered JRich in the dunk contest. Reebok was really pumping out some interesting designs in that era. I wouldn’t mind seeing a retro of “The Wink’s”. I remember him wearing those in the “Ball Above All” DVD I picked up from Sam Goody back in the day.

How's the comfort?

Alright, did quite a bit of walking in these today. Comfort is nice. The partial mesh upper was nice and breathable, and step in comfort was solid. The cushion was a little stiff at first, but got better as it broke in. Got a feeling once these fully break in, they're gonna be a go-to for me this summer. Definitely worth $49 while they're on sale.

X-Beam was one of the WORST shoes ever - bad traction, terrible containment, hard cushioning - but if that black pair comes
back out I’m in for two. It was such a great design and the contrast of materials and finishes was seriously great. If we are coming with X-Beam talk, we need the original ATR vertical too.

Back
Top Bottom