The Official Rick Ross Appreciation Thread. TEFLON DON JULY 20th

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

Ross kinda dropped the ball IMO...the music is good as usual Ill give him that...album was a step back from where I thought he would take it tho

I remember when the talk was pretty much like dude got this "Mature Rap lane he leading and its dope"... I kinda wanted to see more of that

Im not a Star, BMF, MC Hammer although dope....shoulda been replaced with some tracks that shows why he shud be mentioned among the "best rappers" of today to ppl on the fence about him

all the rest of the tracks are on point but carried musically wit Ross playing the background...so to me he really didnt gain any ground...

I can agree with this. More Cigar Music and Mafia Music.
I somewhat agree.  Ross is at his best and most entertaining on those "classy" kind of beats from people like Justice League.  I'd love to hear and album of just Maybach Music III, Cigar Music, Magnificent, etc. type tracks.

Having said that, I think Teflon Don is a GREAT album.  One of the best albums of the year easily.  I can definitely appreciate tracks like MC Hammer and I'm Not A Star.  They go super hard.

Album gets a thumbs up from me
smokin.gif

Listening to Live Fast, Die Young right now...It reminded me that Kanye's dropping an album this year and I can't %%%*#$$ wait for it to drop.

Ross just keeps stepping up.
pimp.gif

Im loving this album not sure if its better than DTR though gotta listen to it more. I still think Mafia Music 2 shoulda been the first track, it just sounds right to open the album with that.

"BMF" gives me chills.......#$$# goes so hard
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
....i dont think it'll ever get old.....one of those classic tracks that gets played in the club years later

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

"BMF" gives me chills.......#$$# goes so hard
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
....i dont think it'll ever get old.....one of those classic tracks that gets played in the club years later
QFT...track is RIDICULOUS.

- Preciate it.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this already but The Albert Anastasia EP has to be one of the best mixtapes in recent memory.

I find it funny people say that but never mention the other tracks on the tape.
laugh.gif

I know people are saying BMF and Mc Hammer *#$# up the flow of the album...

But those songs have to be on there...without them this N would have no kind of buzz...

Originally Posted by Dapper D

I know people are saying BMF and Mc Hammer *#$# up the flow of the album...

But those songs have to be on there...without them this N would have no kind of buzz...
Co-signing this... & I have yet to hear the entire album..

"July 20th in this pitch wassuuuuuuuuuuuup".

Originally Posted by The Kid Nimley

Originally Posted by notoriusWES

Originally Posted by The Kid Nimley

I'm Not A Star

3.5/5

MC Hammer
There's a line about being uncircumcized,
3.25/5
Im not a star is not 3.5/5 lol
and
" uncircumcized, "
Thats not what he said

He said...

"My top back...
I'm circumcized..."

But that doesnt make the song ANY better, or the beats ANY less identical...

Hey buddy I was just saying lol glad you got it right

I set up an interview with dude in Montgomery today and Im assuming he's heading to Memphis tomorrow since he's asking for security from the mob I guess he going to bring out Juice again for the BMF

Dude on his grind tho he reaching out to everybody. All this viral content and promotion he and khaled are doing he's switching up the game. Maybe he feels if he does it himself he can pocket the promotion money or something
laugh.gif
Cause dude is very accessible right now almost like he's independent. I hope the hardwork translates into sales

Jus gave BMF a listen for the hell of it (since dudes r sayin it gave them chills and @%%% ) on youtube

and i saw this comment on there
How can he think hes meech or hoover...they both doin life in prison, this pig was punchin his time card in prision....they did real crime he watched prisoners shower and checked their @%* for contraband...you aint gangsta #%+@%# @%%#% @%* CO
Nuff said.

Edit: SP the Ghost is on here?!
laugh.gif
Love it how he (Ross) had to get him on the track to give some credibility to the song

Originally Posted by LonelyBoySole

Jus gave BMF a listen for the hell of it (since dudes r sayin it gave them chills and @%%% ) on youtube

and i saw this comment on there
How can he think hes meech or hoover...they both doin life in prison,
this pig was punchin his time card in prision....they did real crime he
watched prisoners shower and checked their @%* for contraband...you
aint gangsta #%+@%# @%%#% @%* CO
Nuff said.

Edit: SP the Ghost is on here?!
laugh.gif
Love it how he (Ross) had to get him on the track to give some credibility to the song

laugh.gif
Dog leave the street vouching for the street !#$+$%. Just enjoy the music or dont. Big Meech cosign the song Cross and Juice cosign the song. You got Larry Hoover Jr taking pics with the $!$*@ that should be good enough for you.

Back
Top Bottom